Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
@nanoTek : are you watching the test run or the improved run? Also r4r2 stands for "run with 4 recruits, second version" and r6r2 you should guess ^^

@fluojn : my comments.

r4r2 segment 21 :
- 02:34 I think it's the guy of 02:41
- 05:13 Ezio needs to see the ennemy when you begin to press the button
- 05:56 try to reach the checkpoint better, for example like you did in r6r2

r4r2 segment 22 :
- 01:08 this is a matter of self-confidence ; you should try to continue to sprint in this curve
- 01:51 same thing, continue to sprint there
- 02:57 in my opinion it is due to your sudden turn at 02:39 ^^ ; also remember that, for the end of the mission, you don't care about the checkpoint, maybe you just need to hide behind the big pine cone where the apple is (watch my video again)

r4r2 segment 23 :
- 01:12 the biggest area means more ennemies killed or crazy, but it costs time (and health) ; my method is fast but works only for 1 guard and only if he's attacking you... just choose what's faster Smiley
- 01:33 the recruits will attack the targets first, if you call them while locking the targets
- 04:22 I've never managed to avoid this shot
- 04:44 there, you didn't need the whole area of the apple ; especially because (I remember) the seekers of the second group and the first papal guard attack you, so you can use my method for them... as you want, given it's the fastest
- 04:55 a free horse there! you should have tried the hidden blade glitch...
- 05:01 same as before, you didn't need the whole area at this place
- 05:37 thsi one was not is the white area...
- 05:44 keep in mind that the recruits can die because of the apple too
- 07:30 have you ever tried just to stop the alert? maybe that's what the game wants (as with the french soldiers) ; also remember that you don't need to kill them all, it's enough if they become crazy

r6r2 segment 22 :
- 04:53 and 04:58 yeah ^^
- 05:21 another time, in such situations, press assassinate in high profile before climbing, it's faster
- 05:41 that was bad but 05:33 was awesome! you can even try to catch a window at 05:35, then perform a horizontal jump*
- 05:50 that was good too

r6r2 segment 23 :
- 01:05 and 01:50 again, you need more self-confidence there! Smiley
- 02:20 yes, because in such situations the game gives a priority (while pressing free hand button) to push people around, rather than steal the horse
- 02:55 you'll need to test that
- 03:12 again, don't care about the checkpoint
- 04:19 they're coming from... nowhere ^^

r6r2 segment 24 :
- 01:11 you see the guard dying just as you push the button, while he was attacking you? Smiley
- 04:58 you didn't need the whole area for this target... but you killed both so it's ok ^^
- 05:06 there was a free horse again there...
- 06:17 yeah do this earlier if it happens, and one more time, you didn't need the whole area
- 08:32 again, remember you don't have to kill them all, just to make them crazy (in the case stopping the alert isn't enough)
Edit history:
fluojn: 2011-06-30 06:09:48 am
fluojn: 2011-06-29 10:31:09 pm
fluojn: 2011-06-29 10:26:37 pm
nanoTek: I think you are watching my first test run. The reason you don't find my improved run nowhere but here in the site is that they are still hidden. I will reveal them and delete the old run when I'm finished today. Improved test run begins at the page 7 of this thread, post 21. You said you are planning to do the segments by sequence. I thought that too when doing the test run but then I realised that for example the randomness of recruits and Borgia Towers would've driven me nuts before long if I tried to have them all in one segment. Not to mention the execution could be tighter if segments are shorter. (I would never have done all the tricks I had at sequence 8 yesterday had it been single segment) But if you want to do it, great! It just tells you're confident and skilled palyer Cheesy

Fed: I tried using the Apple-instant-kill-trick many times. Actually my initial plan was to spam it the whole time, but just couldn't have the enemies attack me enough. Not to mention while I waited them to attack, the gun/crossbowmen filled me with holes. SO I thought that using the whole area of the Apple I can kill more and get some mad and off my back. But like you said, I should use the fastest way. The horse/hidden blade trick didn't work for me. Or was it activated by jumping on horse from the ledge? Either way, I didn't get it Sad At the third Apple mission, if alert is all you need to remove, then one should never move away from the gates. That needs to be tested Cheesy

Ok, time to end the r4r2 run!
Edit history:
fluojn: 2011-06-30 06:11:17 am
fluojn: 2011-06-30 06:10:04 am
Ok, it is finished. I apologise, the last segments may be a little sloppy, 'cause I was kinda eager to finish the run to start my summer break. After finishing the run I started a new game and started playing casual (trying to find tricks and shortcuts as I go. Already found one for the Vatican part at sequence 1 :D) and I remembered how well made this game is. I almost began to hate it while pushing myself running it too much x)

But here is the sequence 9:

Comments:
03:25 Maybe I take little too much time to aim my jump...
03:37 Why does he want to climb the wrong side of the ladder x)
05:31 Lol, I hit the pause button by accident...
05:41 Was not in my intention.
06:07 Horrible. But everything else went pretty well so I kept this segment. I'll improve it when running for real.

Now, for the latter Desmond part. I hate it, and you should too. I love myself making it a three parter, otherwise I would've raged from the bottom of my soul, threw the ps3 out of the window and cut the game disc in half. Hope that describes my frustration about it. The videos are pretty bad, but I couldn't make myself run them anymore x)

Segment 25:
02:27 Love it how they fall through the stairs.
04:21 Hiccup. After it the playing quality drops for a moment.
06:51 I'm so amazed to make it this far without screwing up horribly that I forget where the buttons are Tongue
Segment 26:
01:11 The church platforming has become the bane of my existance. Especially this point. I SWEAR I'm pushing the control stick to right and still Desmond goes left! Guess it's the camera angle.
04:00 Shoul've split the segment a bit later.
Segment 27:
01:43 I play safety here. I tended to jump slight off the targets after this point and it made me so mad I could've chewed the controller a new one!

So. The time of the improved run is now 02:51:00 Animus time. How much can it be improved? I stopped counting how much time I lose exactly in the segments after the sequence 4 so I guess a realistic goal would be maybe at least 02:45:xx which was my goal for this run, but I couldn't make it x) Biggest individual time savers may be the 15 seconds of the Halls of Nero, 15 seconds of the chest carrying mission and Banker teleportation, Gatekeeper at sequence 6, mission 1 (OMG) and catching the thief faster at sequence 7, Removing the alert when going for Apple and making the Apple battles better.

Ok, now I'm keeping a well earned break from running, but I will still be following this thread for more tips and techniques and first of all, nanoTek's test run! I'm very excited about having more angles for the routes. Keep up the good work!
Edit history:
Fed981: 2011-06-30 09:09:12 am
Improved run segment 24 :
- 03:25 and 03:37 yes, you have to do that better

Improved run segment 25 :
- 05:28 you can jump directly from the ledge here (as I did)

Improved run segment 26 :
- 01:11 it's because of the camera angle... that has never happened for me, maybe do it as I did it
- 01:52 there you can jump without having to turn around the... thing
- 04:00 yeah ^^

Improved run segment 27 :
- 00:43 there you should jump forward without any direction Wink
- 01:43 try to do this part (until the end) as I did it

Then... I wish you a good luck for the run. Keep in mind all what you said, all what I and others said. Also, remember the hidden gun extra bullets, they're free, they appear directly in the game, and (normally) it doesn't mean the run is a New Game +. If you can find other shortcuts, that's very good, given that you find the fastest way to beat the game. Last but not least : don't forget to fix the technical issues.
A cardboard tank? BRILLIANT!
Hey sorry for not updating my time yesterday like I said I would but I didn't have much access time to the Net last night.

Segment 1- everything was going good until I got the horse mission and got screwed over. but everything after that went good except a couple of hiccups. I included Desmond in my first segment. It went flawless I think. I didn't get to see what the time was for this segment so i just went on.

Segment 2- Had a good segment here, 100% synch, I used the Super Blend glitch to walk along the walls when tailing the Guards and jumped over to a tent down below and manged to stay super blended until I touched the ground. I lost 2 seconds when i was chasing the thief, got distracted by something outside. I got the Borgia Courier the fasted I have ever done, The Romulus followers went flawless, I killed them all in a streak, Tomb Of Romulus went perfect. I had a time of 1:44 after I claimed the treasure. After completing Sequence 2 I decided that's where I  will  end my second segment.

I looked at the in game timer and it said 45 Minutes plus 00:07:49 for Desmond's little part(Ugh I hate this guy) I manually timed only the parts that I was under control of Desmond.

I'm not going to post anymore of my times until I get more practice, And trust me these other segments need some help and I don't feel like Disclosing them. Shocked
Edit history:
fluojn: 2011-06-30 09:51:19 pm
fluojn: 2011-06-30 09:50:48 pm
Sounds good nanoTek! Seems like you know all sorts of tricks in this game Cheesy I can't comment so much without seeing the whole run, but here is something:
Segment 1:
- Horse mission is the worst. That's why I made sequence 1 a three parter x) Interesting method to time Desmond. You were recording only the times you were using him, like, stopping the watch when Lucy and Desmond are talking at the tunnel? If those conversations are timed too, then your route must be revolutionary O_o I'm very interested which circuit boxes you are taking in the end of Desmond.
Segment 2:
- I see you didn't collect money at the tailing mission. What about with Macciavelli? I was worried about your money management (for sequence 3 courtesan mission 2500 florins) but you don't necessarily do them in same order as me. What was your strategy for the Borgia Captain?

Overall sounds good test run so far. Keep it up! You were saying you need help for the next segments. I made a playlist of my run so you can wath it for inspiration and don't forget Fed's great ILs! Even if you don't want to copy our routes (I use many of Fed's x)) you can have many ideas watching them.

For comparison, my time at the end of the sequence 2 was 00:41:45. (There are at least a minute worth of mistakes there still) and the Desmond video which lasts for 17 minutes before re-entering the Animus (cutscenes included)

Here is a link to the playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DtJacobbe?feature=mhee
Edit history:
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:35:37 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:35:36 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:35:36 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:35:35 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:34:53 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:34:52 pm
nanoTek: 2011-06-30 10:34:51 pm
Quote from fluojn:
Sounds good nanoTek! Seems like you know all sorts of tricks in this game Cheesy I can't comment so much without seeing the whole run, but here is something:
Segment 1:
- Horse mission is the worst. That's why I made sequence 1 a three parter x) Interesting method to time Desmond. You were recording only the times you were using him, like, stopping the watch when Lucy and Desmond are talking at the tunnel? If those conversations are timed too, then your route must be revolutionary O_o I'm very interested which circuit boxes you are taking in the end of Desmond.
Segment 2:
- I see you didn't collect money at the tailing mission. What about with Macciavelli? I was worried about your money management (for sequence 3 courtesan mission 2500 florins) but you don't necessarily do them in same order as me. What was your strategy for the Borgia Captain?

Okay When I timed the Desmond part I had my wife with a stop watch, and every time I took control of Desmond she would start timer, and when it went to lucy she would stop so that was shaving like 45 seconds every time. So I think its far from a revolutionary path. I dont even know if thats how they time parts like these. But I figured that would be the best way to time it.  I wish I could upload the videos the only way i can upload videos right now is with my Flip Video camera.(and that is horiable) I dont have my DVD recorder yet. Unless you can tell me of a capture device and I can do it that way. Im fairly new to speed running and I dont know about ways to get this uploaded to the internet. I would rather get a capture card if it was cheaper. I'm a cheap ass LOL.

As for my Borgia Captain Strategy I pull out the Stilletto(I only use knifes,Hidden blades, smoke bombs, and gun) and stab the first Borgia Guard, then the Captain comes out and Viola I grab him and throw him into the scaffolding(automatic Kill). Hence I'm going for a 100% synch. And when Ezio is hurt and you have to go to the doctor I punched the whole way there it seems like it was faster then walking.

As for the horse I am really considering spliting my first segment In to two parts.

Another note on the capture device I would like to know how to use this. Thats what you are using correct?

And thank you for the Youtube channel much appreciated
I can tell you the whole sad story of my capturing device history. I went the cheapest path first by getting the Easycap usb device. The machine had nothing but the USB-device so if I wanted to record with it and play at te tv at the same time, I would've needed to buy male-male scart cable + 3 splitters. Not to mention the EasyCap didn't work with my Win7. Damn. Ok, I decided not go the cheap way. I purchased Pinnacle Dazzle capturing device. I needed the cables for it too, but again, not compatible with Win7. What the heck. I tried to get drivers from the net and everything but to no avail. I almost abandoned the running here (Posted at the forums that I'm done). Then after I stopped raging, I decided to buy something that works for sure. Then I bought the Roxio Game Capture device which is made solely to record ps3 and X360. I got it and realised, that the package didn't include the ps3 composite red/blue/green cable. (It had everything else) So I needed to buy that as well. THEN I was ready to record. Roxio doesn't record HDMI so it needs to be switched from the screen settings, but the image is decent. Only bad thing is, that the defeault sound capturing is kinda broken. Even if the computer and the tv are at the minimum volume, it's SUPER loud! Maybe it can be fixed by encoding, I'll fix it before doing my serious speedrun.

Good call with the punching method at the beginning of sequence 2! If it really is faster, I want to use it too! By the way about Desmond timing, I guess with the SDA rules the clock is ticking whole time from the first cutscene. I'm not sure though, but with other games, where you can't see an in-game timer it's manually timed. I don't know about Desmond 1, but at Desmond 2 the timing should end when Desmond grabs the Apple, since the interactive endings are excluded from the timing.
Quote from fluojn:
Good call with the punching method at the beginning of sequence 2! If it really is faster, I want to use it too! By the way about Desmond timing, I guess with the SDA rules the clock is ticking whole time from the first cutscene. I'm not sure though, but with other games, where you can't see an in-game timer it's manually timed. I don't know about Desmond 1, but at Desmond 2 the timing should end when Desmond grabs the Apple, since the interactive endings are excluded from the timing.

Yeah, this punching method seems good ^^

For the Desmond parts, they were not timed in ACII, so I think they won't be in ACB. But SDA standards want you do do everything as fast as possible, that's why you also have to do them as a speedrun.
Quote from fluojn:

Good call with the punching method at the beginning of sequence 2! If it really is faster, I want to use it too! 

Thank you. You can use any of the tips and tricks I use, or put on here. I'm mainly here to help. Just know I will be using the tips you guys submit too! Tongue

On another note I found a capture card a walmart, a Roxio for 60 bucks but its really not in my budget. So I'm not sure when I can get video's uploaded. This weekend I don't plan on playing video games. So Monday I should be back to work on my run.

Have a happy 4th of July everyone.

nanoTek
I finally would like to do some more speedrun, but not the entire game. I guess this is a question for SDA staff, but I wonder if I can speedrun separately the add-on Da Vinci Disappearance...?
Well, I've seen speedruns for DLC(can't remember which), so I think that if you had the basic armor or the best armor, you could do a run of the DLC. Don't quote me on it though.
It would be marvellous to have a speedrun of DaVinci Disappearance! I think the greatest moments of this run could be making the markings on the paintings super fast, getting to Lucrezia and not to mention the platforming of the Pythagoras Lair in the end Cheesy

In my opinion the DLC should maybe be an own category, cause if someone wants to do a 100% run (good luck with that though) it could be without it.
Edit history:
Fed981: 2011-07-10 05:04:01 pm
Fed981: 2011-07-10 05:02:31 pm
Fed981: 2011-07-05 10:13:51 am
Right now I'm working on it. Wait a few weeks and it will be out. Cheesy

Edit : memory 7 finished in 55 seconds (player control // 53 seconds according to the timer) ^^

Edit : memory 8 done. 12 minutes video with 2 seconds of mistakes ; I'm satisfied with this. By the way I'm going to run it in the following order : 7,8,1,3,2,4,6,5. I'll uploads the videos in the right order.
fluojn (and others maybe), you should take a look at this :

http://www.thehiddenblade.com/follow-money-assassination-variety-pack
Waiting to see your videos Fed!

About the Hidden Blade's Follow the Money video:

00:23 Unbeliveable O_o I definately need to have that in my run! Not only it saves time, but looks damn cool Tongue
05:25 It would've been sooo useful to have glitched inside the Pantheon and just kill the chest guard. Oh well... The jump stunt still is a time saver Cheesy

At my summer break I had time to play the Assassin's Creed II Discovery at the NDS. Man, did it suck, but more interestingly it's higly speedrunnable game. Only I think there wouldn't be many people wanting to run it's because it gets annoying in a while. And I think there would be even less wanting to watch it X) I'd say it is a crossbreed of Castlevania and Sonic games Cheesy
Have fun and good luck on your speed runs you two. I have been focusing all my mental energy lately on RISK. I havent really been playing the ps3 much. But im sure I will find interest in this game again one day.
I've almost finished the DVD, only memory 6 and 5 left. But now I'm going on holiday for a week. By the way I'm going to do it 100% synch, the time would be the same ^^
All right, my run is now finished. Before submitting, I need to write some comments and to time it. How do you think I have to time it? Here are the different methods (I count the time where I...) :
- can see Ezio or the characters
- have the control of Ezio
- can see the actual possible actions (in the upper right corner)
- complete the objective or the checkpoint
- something else

What do you think? (maybe Flip or Mike can answer too)
Ok, I'm back from the summer break! It's nice to hear you have some juicy Da Vinci Disappearance under way Fed! I guess it will give me a boost of inspiration to start the actual run of this game. I'm not ready to start yet, still searching and experimenting for improvements/tricks.

About the timing of the DLC... I guess you were doing it ILs? SO, if you ask me, I'd time it from when the first loading screen goes off after picking/restarting the memory. Then I'd stop the timer after completing the objective. The actual game time could've been traced via the menu, but I don't know if you did it so if you didn't it can't be done anymore x) Does that make sense? I'm waiting for the run with great interest!

I'm kinda disappointed not seeing any of nanoTek's run, but I understand if he is not doing it, 'cause I know how much energy planning and running this game takes. But he still contributed the punching trick to sequence 2, memory 1 so it was not entirely in vain Cheesy I hope you indeed find motivation to run this game again nano, and go for better time I will have in my future run!

Let's keep up the good work and eventually have a quality run worthy of this title.
All right, I will time it this way :
- begin when Ezio is able to move
- end when the objective/checkpoint is complete

Then I'll submit it, in a few days.
Edit history:
Fed981: 2011-08-06 02:39:12 am
Fed981: 2011-08-04 12:39:38 pm
Here is the playlist :

I'll complete it with the other videos, real titles, comments, etc. And then I'll submit to SDA.

Edit : the total time is (estimated) 0:21:22.

Edit : all is now complete on YouTube, and the run should appear soon in the verification list. Verifiers will be needed!
Edit history:
Fed981: 2011-08-11 12:37:29 pm
The run should be in the list in a few days. But, meanwhile, what do you think?

Also fluojn, have you already begun your run? What about the quality test?
All I gotta say is wow! You have optimised the segments to the point that improvements can be only slight if any. Also you make it look so easy! Cheesy I especially like the marvelous platforming when reaching for Lucrezia and the Pythagora's Lair. The latter is I think maybe most difficult Templar/Romulus/Assassin's Lair in the whole series. To speedrun at least. I sincirely recommend an accept for your run! Great work!

I haven't began running the real run of ACB yet because the return from the summer vacation has been kinda tense x) I want also take it slow so I don't grow tired of running and have the strength to perfect my future segments to the point I can. About quality test I must say, that I finally found what was making the horrible sound: I needed to adjust the volume from the Roxio files under the device menu which was kinda tricky to find Cheesy

Again congratulations for the Da Vinci speedrun! It really inspired me Cheesy
Hey, I've been busy so I haven't been active in this thread, but here's something to help skip a scene:
http://thehiddenblade.com/castello-exploits-infiltration-get-huddle-preassassinations
It's the last post.