Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 <- 1 ... 11
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Wow, antichamber any% dropped all the way to 3 minutes. Before watching try and guess how, I couldn't: http://www.twitch.tv/pallidus/c/2863053
Pretty sick run, and pretty well optimized as well, some really creative use of those extra blocks.
If anyone came even close to guessing I'd be amazed. Let's avoid spoiling it for the time being, that's amazing and ought to speak for itself.
haha. when I was playing through the game the first time I tried making a big cube in one of those little cubic rooms around the tower or whatever, trying to figure out what they were for. as soon as it started filling in, my game output a couple of slow frames and then just crashed, and I never tried that again.
Quote from zem:
haha. when I was playing through the game the first time I tried making a big cube in one of those little cubic rooms around the tower or whatever, trying to figure out what they were for. as soon as it started filling in, my game output a couple of slow frames and then just crashed, and I never tried that again.

Haha, yeah I remember when trying that crashed the game. It's been patched so that doesn't happen anymore.
Back to the point about when a SR starts and ends, I always assumed that a speed run ended the moment a player loses control of their character. In this game, technically you can't do anything once you shoot the black cube into the white/grey cube but you can still move around a while until it implode/explodes and the credits roll. You can actually speed this up by standing in the middle of the 'A' shape (which is sort of glitchy looking from inside). I achieved this by jumping on the blocks that for the 'C'. Perhaps there is a way to scene skip here via glitch or something. Either way it still is faster if you stand in the middle right?
Speedruns tend to start and stop at whatever times are accepted by the community. For Antichamber, starting on the first map and ending where it does has been the norm since the game was released (as far as I can tell, anyway). It's also convenient for races. I didn't realise you could speed up the ending, but unless enough people feel strongly about it I doubt anything will change. I might play around with it a bit at some point, though.

However, SDA runs are normally timed as you said (there's a few posts in this thread discussing this, too) so anyone submitting to SDA needs to make sure they record the whole thing. As far as I know no one is currently planning an SDA submission (and there isn't one currently), although I was going to a couple of months back.
It only takes you 3 minutes to throw a submitable run together, so get to it! Grin
Edit history:
Californ1a: 2013-10-18 11:31:17 pm
Californ1a: 2013-10-18 11:30:30 pm
Californ1a: 2013-09-24 11:26:19 pm
Californ1a: 2013-09-24 11:22:02 pm
Californ1a: 2013-09-24 11:21:30 pm

It is sub 3 now, record is 2:36 (above)

I keep the records updated on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/antichamber/comments/1ajjji/speedrunning_general/

EDIT: The old route that doesn't skip yellow and red guns is now being called "Any% Lagless" for future reference, because it doesn't use the lag glitch to get cubes into The Chase. The record for it is 4:18 - http://www.twitch.tv/frozensorrow/c/2848748
Just saying that the record now seems 2:18
http://www.twitch.tv/pallidus/c/3225274
Completed the game today so I could start wathcing the runs. Awesome speedruns, I must say!
So, has it been decided whether the alt+tab lag glitch is legit for an SDA submission or not?
But I see that the lag can be produced without leaving the game, is that right?

And by the way, what is the current record without lag glitch? I guess most people will not be interested in that, but I'd enjoy a super-fast non-lag run too.
Quote from djcj:
And by the way, what is the current record without lag glitch? I guess most people will not be interested in that, but I'd enjoy a super-fast non-lag run too.

4:18 http://www.twitch.tv/frozensorrow/c/2848748

Maybe on some future computer you won't be able to lag with making cubes or alt+tab. So this is good to keep around too.
Edit history:
djcj: 2013-11-19 05:11:01 pm
djcj: 2013-11-19 05:00:29 pm
Thanks for the link. Yeah, indeed, I think the lag-glitch should be a seperate category (one of those "with large-skip glitches"). But the "full length" runs are pretty sweet too. I hope people keep up working on  that category as well. I would participate in the competition but my hardware is a bit too old to do fast runs for this game. It actually surprises me how much resources this game needs given that the graphics look so simplistic.

And by the way in the blue room that you need to solve to get the green gun (it's actually a tool or device, isn't it?) it once happened to me that I somehow duplicated one of the cubes (didn't have the green gun yet) so I ended up having 3 cubes there. Is that thing known and consictently redoable?

edit:
All the WR rankings I assume? - http://www.reddit.com/r/antichamber/comments/1ajjji/speedrunning_general/
I've seen a dupe glitch for green gun before, maybe it can work with blue gun as well.
Quote from djcj:
So, has it been decided whether the alt+tab lag glitch is legit for an SDA submission or not?

SDA have stated that they won't accept runs using the alt-tab glitch. There's an ongoing thread here with a discussion (and the mod post) if anyone wants to take a look.

Quote from djcj:
But I see that the lag can be produced without leaving the game, is that right?

Yes, but it's slower and more inconsistent across different computers. If you want to go down this route, be prepared to figure out how big of a cube makes your game crash - it seems to be different for different people.

Quote from djcj:
But the "full length" runs are pretty sweet too. I hope people keep up working on  that category as well.

Fear not, I'm still planning on taking back the lagless WR.

Quote from djcj:
And by the way in the blue room that you need to solve to get the green gun (it's actually a tool or device, isn't it?) it once happened to me that I somehow duplicated one of the cubes (didn't have the green gun yet) so I ended up having 3 cubes there. Is that thing known and consictently redoable?

Please tell me you have a video of this; this is crazy. The glitch for duping with green doesn't seem to work with blue (I think it relies on the dragging mechanic, but I'm not sure anyone really knows how it works). As far as I know no one has managed to dupe with blue, so this is pretty awesome if you can figure out what happened. I've managed to make cubes disappear at leap frog, but not the reverse :/
Quote:
Please tell me you have a video of this; this is crazy. The glitch for duping with green doesn't seem to work with blue (I think it relies on the dragging mechanic, but I'm not sure anyone really knows how it works). As far as I know no one has managed to dupe with blue, so this is pretty awesome if you can figure out what happened. I've managed to make cubes disappear at leap frog, but not the reverse :/

Hmm... maybe I'm talking nonsense there. I thought it happened on my first playthrough of that chamber but don't remember exactly. Maybe I was using the green gun.

By the way, if you enter the boss fight chamber with the green gun and start leeching on that ghost your gun turns black. If you stop right after that happened and return to another level your gun will stay black and has the same abilities as the red one. Isn't that useful for all maps and/or all signs runs?
Edit history:
Crehl: 2013-11-20 09:13:05 am
Quote from djcj:
By the way, if you enter the boss fight chamber with the green gun and start leeching on that ghost your gun turns black. If you stop right after that happened and return to another level your gun will stay black and has the same abilities as the red one. Isn't that useful for all maps and/or all signs runs?

This is something I looked into after the first lag glitch was found. It was definitely not worth it back then. The newer glitch means it'll be faster, but I believe it's still going to not be worth it. The main problem is that with green gun you have to get cubes from somewhere like fly, which takes a fair amount of time (it does get you the sign which saves time later in 120 signs, but not enough). In 120 signs you still need to get into the red gun room anyway, so you can't skip that puzzle, and you can't do that puzzle any faster with red/black than yellow. You could save time at managing resources before yellow gun, but that's about it. It might be worth re-timing with alt-tab, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Quote from djcj:

We have leaderboards now, you just have to pm me with your google account email to gain editing permissions to add your time.
http://bombch.us/QW2
The Reddit post will mostly be used for links to route tutorials and walkthroughs as well as any other useful information.

Quote from djcj:

Leaderboards link^^

Quote from djcj:

SDA is not accepting them, but you are able to cause lag by creating a large enough wireframe cube, and while it is generating, it creates lag. You can walk through the field into The Chase during this lag, but it's is extremely inconsistent and varies between machines. This is why we like the alt-tab glitch a lot better even if it is not being accepted by SDA.

If anyone wants to add their time to these new leaderboards (for any/all categories), pm me here, on twitch, or on the irc (srl's or sda's) with your Google account email so I can enable editing for your account.
New glitch time! In lagless, no less. Pallidus was showing me new strats for the last jump pad in the run (after the second red puzzle in the end), and I managed to come across this:

http://www.twitch.tv/crehl/c/3368043

Don't know how much time it saves, but it's definitely faster. Just start spreading cubes low on the wall, do a normal jump onto the pad (a regular glitch jump may work, but might even be slower) and walk into the cubes as you're still spreading them. For some reasons this shoots you down faster than you can fall naturally. Seems to work on all jump pads, but I don't think it's useful on any of the others. As far as I know no one has got it working without a jump pad, but that *definitely* needs more testing. Being able to fire yourself down to the bottom of Don't Look Down in 120 signs for example would be amazing.
Claimh Happy
Have you tried using the green gun's drawing feature instead? Like, put a block on the ceiling above the jump pad and start dragging it downward, then do everything else the same way.
Tried but I don't think I got it working. Should definitely be tried out by others, though.