--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
joe: 2013-02-22 02:50:49 pm
joe: 2013-02-22 02:50:11 pm
joe: 2013-02-22 02:49:19 pm
here's a 4:42 (i think i stopped the timer when the cube connected with the thing instead of when i clicked to shoot it)

http://www.twitch.tv/joe69420/c/1953675

still super improvable. i think 4:35 would be a pretty ideal time with these strats. probably gonna sit on this one for a while though until someone beats it or finds something new.

e: youtube

Good job, thats impressive.
Edit history:
rotgertesla: 2013-03-01 02:18:01 pm
Antichamber updated on steam today.  I can't find any patch log yet.
So I don't know how many people are still paying attention to this thread, but I felt like sharing anyway:

I've come across an especially weak spot in the level design that could completely break the game if we find a way to clip through the floor. That's a big _IF_ though. Unreal 3 is a very solid engine so doing so would require a Barrier Skip™-level exploit, but we can always dream Tongue

The upper room you're seeing is the hallway between Strength In Numbers and Déjà Vu. The lower room is the end of the first staircase in The Escape. If we, theoretically, could zip through the floor, you would only need the blue gun and a single block in your inventory to activate the final trigger in The End and beat the game. I've tested by noclipping through the floor (the command is "ghost") and can confirm that it should work (nothing gets messed up on the later levels).
If you can find a seam, This might be possible.

Quote from RabidJellyfish:
If you can find a seam, This might be possible.

Sadly, the only reason you are able to glitch through walls in this part of the game is because the "seams" he is showing you are temporary barriers that are removed as you progress through the Climbing The Tower puzzles. In other words, they are not "real" walls.
Hey, hi... I kind of just created an SDA account, but I've know about SDA for a while. (I stream on SRL often)
I keep the Antichamber WR times updated in this Reddit post along with videos of each, and tutorials/walkthroughs of the routes (I need to update the tutorials for the new strats we've found in the past week or so though).
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-05-02 07:34:17 am
keylie: 2013-05-02 07:33:54 am
keylie: 2013-05-02 07:33:42 am
keylie: 2013-05-02 07:31:37 am
Hello guys,

I've started speedrunning a few days ago, I really love this game.
About the fast strat of the puzzle before the red gun, I'm often not fast enough during the first three drags, so that I'm left with one less cube in the middle to drag to the last laser, but it is still possible to do it in two drags: first one by aiming on the right crossroad, and second one by aiming a little above the last laser.
Edit history:
YaLTeR: 2013-05-07 07:31:07 am
Got a block into the wall somehow... Not sure how, as I remember it, I was turning around and randomly pressed my left mouse button (which shoots the cube), aiming into the edge of this block. After that I was able to pick the cube back from the wall. Also note that it blocked the laser.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/yalter/screenshot/615008673060522764
Good for you, keylie. Take a look at the routes in the Reddit post I linked.

YaLTeR, that is a common known bug.
Quote from Californ1a:
YaLTeR, that is a common known bug.

And does it have any uses? Or unknown yet?
Edit history:
Californ1a: 2013-05-26 06:07:45 pm
Californ1a: 2013-05-26 06:06:12 pm
It's just graphical, no use. Essentially, the cube is inside the slot where it should be, but graphically it appears as though it is clipping the wall.

I Admin the Antichamber wiki... The Glitches page is here: http://antichamber.wikia.com/wiki/Glitches
Oh, okay.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-06-06 10:47:31 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Posting here so I can follow this. Just finished the game and I am in LOVE!!!

Edit: I was talking with a few people and we really should set a clear time start and stop for a submission. The community has been starting once the first room is selected and stopping once the black cube is placed. Issue is that control is gained before this time and ends well after the cube is placed (but nothing significant happens before or after).

So to an admin, when should time start and end? Sorry for the cursing, but here is the ending.

The start is a bit weird as well. The game timer starts once the game loads, but again teh community is starting time once the first room is selected. All shows in this short vid
Edit history:
Californ1a: 2013-06-08 12:33:18 pm
Quote from Heidrage:
Issue is that control is gained before this time and ends well after the cube is placed (but nothing significant happens before or after).

Technically, the in-game timer is running out if you derp around in the Main Hub before clicking on Leap Of Faith (the first room). Although, it doesn't matter if we use real time instead of game time. I assume game time is the same as real time anyway, seeing as it's a pc game running at greater than or equal to 60 fps.

The other problem we have is the fps. By default it is capped at 60 fps, but by tweaking the .ini files of the game a bit, it is possible to remove the cap and allow the game to run at upwards of 120+ fps. I don't know whether this actually affects the speed of the game or not.

Edit: The bottom of page 8 talks about the starting time a little bit, but not really about the ending time.
Bump for an admin to look at the last few posts
Gets the cake.
It literally doesn't matter. As long as we're consistent when comparing runs with each-other, IsraeliRD will do all the timing for submitted runs, so SDA has their bases covered.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-06-13 09:02:44 pm
Should the runners not know how they are officially being timed? For any game? Or should we just not time any of the runs any more and just say "ya that looks fast."
Edit history:
ShadowWraith: 2013-06-14 01:55:59 am
Generally SDA times from gaining character control to losing it, which starts when you spawn in the main hub and ends after the screen fades out when the screen fades out after the black cube does it's stuff. The black cube thing is a non-issue as that takes the same amount of time, so the difference is the main hub, and that doesn't really make much of a difference. Just don't waste time in there and you'll be fine.
If you have your volume turned up enough during the credits, you can hear that you still have control over the character during them (splashing sounds when jumping).
You also have control during the latter part of deleting the saved game. When it shows you a frozen screen of the first sign, input won't appear to have any effect, but as soon as it unfreezes you'll be in whatever state you should be after the input (turned around, at the peak of a jump, etc). So for about a second or so you have control, but no indication anything is actually happening. I can't remember how the game starts when there isn't a save file at all, but that might also have the same thing.

Not the largest amount of time but figured it was worth mentioning.
Edit history:
superminer: 2013-07-25 09:12:47 am
superminer: 2013-07-25 09:12:43 am
Hi, I'm new here.

Quote from qbicfeet:
So I don't know how many people are still paying attention to this thread, but I felt like sharing anyway:

-- snip --

I've come across an especially weak spot in the level design that could completely break the game if we find a way to clip through the floor. That's a big _IF_ though. Unreal 3 is a very solid engine so doing so would require a Barrier Skip™-level exploit, but we can always dream Tongue

The upper room you're seeing is the hallway between Strength In Numbers and Déjà Vu. The lower room is the end of the first staircase in The Escape. If we, theoretically, could zip through the floor, you would only need the blue gun and a single block in your inventory to activate the final trigger in The End and beat the game. I've tested by noclipping through the floor (the command is "ghost") and can confirm that it should work (nothing gets messed up on the later levels).

I think that there is a way to clip through the floor (no program is without bugs). I have gotten into the ground a little (~2-3 cubes), but can't get lower than that. I dunno if it's graphical or not, though.

edit: Pretty sure it's just graphical, unfortunately. Sad  Tried using ghost and it immediately pushed me up to a normal height. Once you're a little into the ground you just fall right through it. Need to think about this.

Yep. Unfortunately the "push down" you get by placing cubes above you is really more of a crouch. This is still as far as I can tell just about the only place where we have any chance of getting a useful clip, and it's getting frustrating how well the engine is keeping us in bounds :/
Except for that fade clip used in 120 signs. Cheesy