List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AnotherWorld.html

Another World (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
When I first tried to play this in Chrome it kept screwing up on certain keyframes and garbling the video but when I played it back with MPC and VLC it looked fine, so nate might want to take a look at it. I don't think it's worth rejecting over, since I could only make it happen in one player. I'll try it on Quicktime when I get to work later. Edit: Playing it on Quicktime on OSX Lion seems to work just fine, so I'm just gonna chalk it up to Chrome being stupid.

So this is a two minute improvement over the last SS, a one minute improvement over the first segmented run, and only 24 seconds slower than the newer segmented run. A few new tricks over the initial runs make this possible. The only thing I noted that seemed strange was 4:34 when he's coming down the stairs, as he enters the room he's jumping instead of running down, when I didn't see him jump in the room before. I don't think it's evidence of splicing or anything like that but I don't have a copy of the game handy to see if I can reproduce that. I'm guessing he jumped right as he was coming on screen but I don't know for sure. Maybe one of the other verifiers can weigh in on that.

Accept.

Quote:
I do believe the jump discrepancy verifier 1 noted is reproducable, but I can't say for certain.
As it stands this is a great run, a marked improvement, with great A/V (no playback issues for me).

Accept

Quote:
Cheating: None suspected. The jump at 4:34 looks like perfectly normal behaviour for THIS game. In fact I just reproduced it.
AV: Good.

Now here's one of those runs that makes a game look easy that's not easy at all. At this point, any improvement made in the completion times a straightforward accept. The runner is a champion for keeping at this so devotedly. The bomb guard strategy at 6:00 is my favourite addition to this run.

Timing: Start from 0:07 (gaining control over PC), end at 8:10 (lose control while being zipped up) --> 8:03

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alexis 'NHG' Gabaig!
Thread title:  
Shut up and go back to another earth
Thank you so much for you decision ! Now I think I won't improve the run anymore, unless someone find another crazy shortcut (and I hope nobody will x( ).

About the jump at 4:34, I think I described it in the notes of the segmented run. I do it to avoid a random "falling animation" who sometimes happens at the top of the stairs (in the 2nd screen). It's normal if you don't see Lester jump in the first screen, if you did it would mean that I missed the trick because Lester won't reach the 2nd screen until he reach the floor. As you said, I jump as soon as possible ONCE I'm in the 2nd screen. I must say it's a little trick that I don't achieve all the time x) the timing is really closed.

Anyway, thanks again, I worked hard to finally record this damn run ! Soon I'll submit a legit (well I hope so) Alone In The Dark 1 speedrun, I only wait for some correction of my notes because I don't know if you noticed but my english is not the best-one in the world, not even in another world...
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Your English is absolutely fine. Congrats on the run mate!
Sandbagging
Congrats on getting this accepted NHG Smiley