Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Alice: Madness Returns (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from z1mb0bw4y:
A quick note, I haven't done speedruns of this game in absolutely ages, and to say that I've kept up with all the glitches that have been found would be a blatant lie. I stopped running this game because it's, honestly, a poorly optimized buggy mess with multiple points that can softlock you out of a good run. This can be seen in my SGDQ2012 run, where I had two softlocks that I had never even seen before. In other words: mad props to the runner for such a sick time. I can tell before watching anything that I'm going to see some impressive new stuff.

I would do a big long fancy write-up detailing all of the time-losses and insane tricks, but after watching the run through once it's clear to me that I'd just look like an idiot. The runner and other members of the community have come up with some seriously mindblowing tricks, and it feels like only a few of the skips I found are even still in the run.

This run has a large number of mistakes, let that be clear. I'm willing to overlook basically all of the mistakes, however, considering the difficulty of the tricks involved. This is easily a good run to put on the site as a first speedrun of this game.

A/V fine, no cheating, teeth count is consistent throughout.

Well done, runner. Accept.

edit: It seems there might be a typo in the RTA time, or the video was encoded improperly, or the run info is for a different run. The video length is only 1:51:59, including credits and menu, while the runner claims the RTA time is 1:52:21?

Quote:
I fully agree with z1mb0bw4y some of those glitches I've never seen before.
It's a pretty solid run aswell, just a few deaths/mistakes etc. which costs ~2-3minutes in total.

ACCEPT

Quote:
I agree with z1mb0bw4y, good run for a really uncertain game to run in SS.

A/V is great,
As saied there is some possible improvements but it's still a pretty good run with amazing tricks.

About the timing matter, I think we'll need the runner's opinion.

Congrats to the runner, Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'zawj'!
Thread title:  
Thank you!

RTA time is 1:48:42, I've beaten the first run before there were enough verifiers, maybe info about time got lost somewhere.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-08 01:03:29 pm
Not a walrus
The comment you submitted on the form says this:

Quote:
Single segment run.
RTA time is 1:52:21

During my tests in game timer was sometimes horribly inaccurate, probably due to some glitch (2:20 run was 2:10 in game, 2:10 run was 3:5x in game); I didn't include it in my run.

So if you sent in a different video after the initial submission then that comment probably didn't get updated.
Gets the cake.
Yeah the RTA time of 1:48 would make way more sense.

Either way huge grats man. You've blown this game wide open =P
Really looking forward to watching the run. Grats zawj.