Smiley
Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
In typical AGDQ tradition, we'll be hosting a guitar hero tournament. We held our first GH tournament back in 2016 which was GH3 and it was a bit of a mess since the planning was done last minute. However, 2017 we held a GH2 tournament and it went a lot smoother since everything was planned out more. This year we're thinking of returning back to GH3, mainly to keep switching back and forth every other year with the two most popular guitar hero entries. Rules this year will be similar to last year and I will update if we decide to change a few rules. We're also planning to actually record and upload videos of finals this year.

1. Double Elimination. Best 2 out of 3 songs per match. Semifinals and Finals will be best 3 out of 5 songs.
2. Rock/Paper/Scissors or coin flip to determine who chooses song first, or if both players agree to just choose who picks first. In the case of choosing DLC, both players must agree to playing the song.
3. Every round each player will choose the songs they want to play, but only be able to pick the song ONCE and won't be able to pick it for the rest of the tournament. Pick your songs wisely and strategically to your advantage if possible.
4. In the event of a tie during a match where each player wins 1 song each (2 songs each during finals), a random number will be generated between 1 and 70 to determine the song for the tiebreaker.
5. After the songs are finished, return to FingerQuick/Plumato/Bbforky to report the winner and what the song picks were so we can record both.

I'll print out copies of the rules and put them at each setup before the tournament starts as well as go over the rules before it begins.

We're currently figuring out if we'll have enough consoles and guitars, but if anyone wants to bring extra guitars that would be nice. Theres been issues over the past tournaments where some people weren't used to other peoples guitars and they would randomly use starpower, shut off, or not work properly. We should hopefully have enough guitars for everyone but it would probably help if people brought their own guitars if they don't feel comfortable trying to get used to other people's.

AGDQ 2016 used 4 consoles/8 guitars while AGDQ 2017 used 2 consoles/4 guitars. Last year worked out decently well with only 2 consoles, but to be safe 4 would be nice. I'll update the thread later once enough consoles/guitars are confirmed.

If anyone has any questions about the tournament, feel free to post in the thread and I'll answer when I can.
Thread title:  
I am bringing an extra 360 and a few guitars. I will note I have most DLC (mainly the boss battles, we three kings, death magnetic album, guitar virtuoso pack, and a bunch of others) so if it turns out you wanna play some, I have a good amount to choose from.
Quote from plumato:
I am bringing an extra 360 and a few guitars. I will note I have most DLC (mainly the boss battles, we three kings, death magnetic album, guitar virtuoso pack, and a bunch of others) so if it turns out you wanna play some, I have a good amount to choose from.

how the heck are u gonna bring all of that when irma killed you?!?!?!
Edit history:
Habreno: 2017-10-05 11:19:39 pm
As a clarification on the rules, if your match ties and RNG chooses the song, is that song counted as a selected song or no?

EDIT: Basically if you get a song via RNG, does that mean you can't pick that song later or would you still be able to choose it if you wish?
Quote from xano:
Quote from plumato:

how the heck are u gonna bring all of that when irma killed you?!?!?!

ummmm for your information i have ALL of my possessions !!!
Edit history:
FingerQuick: 2017-10-06 01:56:01 am
Quote from Habreno:
As a clarification on the rules, if your match ties and RNG chooses the song, is that song counted as a selected song or no?

EDIT: Basically if you get a song via RNG, does that mean you can't pick that song later or would you still be able to choose it if you wish?

RNG pick doesn't count towards either person's song choice, only the song they personally chose for the round

Example: person 1 picks song A, person 2 picks song B, random pick gets song C. Both players can pick song C next round because neither player has personally picked it themselves
Date for this event?
Also, how to enter?
Edit history:
FingerQuick: 2017-10-06 07:41:49 pm
Quote from DJC:
Date for this event?

Date is still to be determined since AGDQ is still about three months away and the schedule isn't out yet, but we're probably going to try planning for it to be done on the thursday or friday near the end of the event (January 11th or 12th). Time would probably be around 3-4pm EST.

Quote from DJC:
Also, how to enter?

For how to enter, its basically just show up on time before we start.
Edit history:
FingerQuick: 2018-01-02 11:39:28 pm
Posting here in case anyone checks SDA before or during AGDQ

tournament will be at 2PM EST on Friday January 12th. We will have three consoles for the tournament. My wii, my xbox 360, and plumato's xbox 360. If anyone happens to want to bring other consoles/guitars to speed up the tournament process feel free to, but three consoles should be fine.
:)guitar hero 2 tournament.june 24.2018 san mateo isabela
best of 5 final championship.of guitar hero 2,mharjun naanip.master freebird 2.0.score.3.2 mharjun vs bayron mharjun vs yuri.defending.champion.mharjun naanip first blood of guitar hero 2.game master.freebird maraming salamat sa mga sumoporta sa larong guitar hero 2. nextweek of june 24 2018.sunday.of morning watch.8:30 am.umaga. 1:00 pm ng hapon.
what's the location?