--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2016-12-30 03:43:50 pm
All the things
Mashing, like it or not, plays an important role in many games and speedruns. The right mix of talent can really help individual mashing ability, but like other skills, it can be improved with effort and better understanding.

That's part of the reasoning behind making MashAttack, a mash testing program that aims to help you understand weaknesses in your own mashing and improve. It consists of a custom-made box with arcade buttons and electronics to handle sampling the mash information. It can also support NES, SNES, and Genesis controllers, which plug into the front. This is fed to a host computer, which breaks down your mashing performance and gives a visualization of how you did over time. There's also a Head-to-Head Battle program, where you can compete with another player in a virtual tug of war. I also track all the statistics, and will have a leaderboard showing the top mashers throughout the event.

I will have MashAttack set up most evenings at the event, probably near the casual rooms. I also track all session statistics, and will have a leaderboard showing the top mashers throughout the event. Toward the end of the week, I will also set up a tournament of the head-to-head Battle mode to decide the overall best masher! More details on actual location and timing to come soon. This thread is meant to provide notice and get any additional feedback before it goes live.

Thread title:  
((Not going to AGDQ 2017 so not a relatively time-pressured question))

Any plans (maybe long term) for adding support for more controllers, such as GC controllers and Wiimotes? Or would this be too much of an issue with acquiring the inputs?
All the things
Gamecube would be somewhat simple, I'm not as sure about Wii. Based on my research from beforehand though, relatively few people were interested in mashing on other controller types. Not every controller is particularly well-suited to mashing, after all.