<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from yggdrizzle:
No it doesn't? You can do a 'receipt' but that requires someone to click a confirmation (which wouldn't be forgotten, how often do you see this?), unless you put in a hidden HTML image (which gmail would block by default) which isn't a feature of any "email service" as far as I know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_tracking

GMail still opens the image server-side when you open the email, as part of their image proxy service (hides your location/ip, but still sends us the notification). If the image was blocked entirely, we wouldn't have received the notification. Like I said, most mass email services (mandrill, mailgun, etc) provide this functionality.

Surely you can just post a screenshot of this and confirm this for everyone?
Worthless categories WR master
It sure didn't take long for this thread to turn into a useless argument.
Quote from Bismuth:
It sure didn't take long for this thread to turn into a useless argument.

What do you mean useless? People got wiped from the schedule when they were told they were accepted. They have every right to be mad.
Quote from Stingrayy:
What do you mean useless? People got wiped from the schedule when they were told they were accepted. They have every right to be mad.

probably meant the bs yggdrizzle's goin on about
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-11-21 12:22:38 am
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Yeah I don't get why he's arguing it anyway. It's not the basis we're using for determining schedule.
LOL it's just more shady stuff, like trying to blame the runners for not knowing about registration stuff via an email they didn't get (But we can prove you read it just btw). It's tertiary to the main problem but it's still a problem, IMO!! Please just admit the goof and do your best to fix.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-11-21 12:30:24 am
Quote from jape:
LOL it's just more shady stuff, like trying to blame the runners for not knowing about registration stuff via an email they didn't get (But we can prove you read it just btw). It's tertiary to the main problem but it's still a problem, IMO!! Please just admit the goof and do your best to fix.

jape: this debate is over. We do know who had emails delivered, if they were delivered, and we can confirm some who opened them. We also had a message on the submission form about the requirement, and in the thread announcing submissions.

Further reading:
https://blog.mailchimp.com/how-gmails-image-caching-affects-open-tracking/
https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582907-How-does-open-tracking-work-

We'll be reaching out to any runners who might have been affected by the wipe (and thus will be re-added to the schedule). We have no problems doing that, naturally.
Please admit the goof and do your best to fix.
Awwww Fook!
Even though there are a few games that are in the wee morning, I'll do my best to watch them.
Can't wait for AGDQ <:
Quote from sumichu:
We checked registrations, and you are not registered for AGDQ 2016. We double-checked today.

y'all should talk to people before cutting their games next time imo. grav also deserves an apology for not only the mistake but also you implying it was his fault.

reminder this is a hobby and also that grav is willing to perform for your corporation for free
Speedy
Yeah it's not surprising people missed things based on all of the issues, delays, tech problems, etc that have gone on since like September.

Also, having the GDQMonitor twitter account tweet out important things while the main GDQ twitter doesn't is bad imo.  It has 1/10th of the followers of the main account and for important things like having to re-register, it should definitely be posted somewhere with the most visibility (and most credibility since, like Grav said, the Monitor twitter account is more associated with jokes than actual important updates) so that most people can see it.
hnic
Quote from Timmiluvs:
Yeah it's not surprising people missed things based on all of the issues, delays, tech problems, etc that have gone on since like September.

Also, having the GDQMonitor twitter account tweet out important things while the main GDQ twitter doesn't is bad imo.  It has 1/10th of the followers of the main account and for important things like having to re-register, it should definitely be posted somewhere with the most visibility (and most credibility since, like Grav said, the Monitor twitter account is more associated with jokes than actual important updates) so that most people can see it.

This. ^ I was scavenging the GamesDoneQuick Twitter for when registration was available and didn't know until someone told me. Before the GDQ twitter "reminder."
Quote from Seanzy:

This. ^ I was scavenging the GamesDoneQuick Twitter for when registration was available and didn't know until someone told me. Before the GDQ twitter "reminder."

The registration went live only shortly before the GDQ account's Twitter sent that reminder. You didn't miss anything!

Also, yes I'm aware the monitor account said something about the wiped registrations and the main one didn't. I was under the assumption that had been tweeted and that was my mistake. Regardless, that is besides the issue at hand, and I am working on it.
hnic
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Seanzy:

The registration went live only shortly before the GDQ account's Twitter sent that reminder. You didn't miss anything!

Also, yes I'm aware the monitor account said something about the wiped registrations and the main one didn't. I was under the assumption that had been tweeted and that was my mistake. Regardless, that is besides the issue at hand, and I am working on it.

This was when the initial registration took place before the wipe/errors. So I guess technically I didn't miss anything. But the initial registration was live for several hours with no announcement at all.
"Regardless, that is besides the issue at hand, and I am working on it."

Stop taking issues and downplaying them. You've (and other staff) done nothing but that ever since the beginning of this awful Public Relations catastrophe that is so far AGDQ 2016. I'm happy you admit a mistake, but would you seriously just accept it and stop making excuses?
Quote from Cool Matty:
jape: this debate is over. We do know who had emails delivered, if they were delivered, and we can confirm some who opened them. We also had a message on the submission form about the requirement, and in the thread announcing submissions.

Looks like you are correct, as of Dec 2013 Gmail changed the way this works. I apologize for assuming otherwise, without looking up specific issues like gmail caching or a email marketing service, I couldn't find detailed info outside of outdated info. If you sent an email with an accurately unique identifier (which I think deserves a proofcall here, there's a right and a wrong way to do it), the ball goes to grav's court. Maybe this is already being done through PMs.

Arguing it since your proof being something I, and I assume most people outside of online marketing, did not know, when this is probably going to be taken one way by anyone who sees it. Is there a reason why looking up users affected by the wipe is necessary to address this, since you have records of all of those emails you sent (and receipt of said emails)?
sukusuku hakutaku
whats professionalism
Quote from Seanzy:
This was when the initial registration took place before the wipe/errors. So I guess technically I didn't miss anything. But the initial registration was live for several hours with no announcement at all.

Nah, it was only up for about 20 minutes before we took it back down to fix that issue.
hnic
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Seanzy:

Nah, it was only up for about 20 minutes before we took it back down to fix that issue.

More than 20 minutes, but the original point stands about the twitter regardless of the amount of time. The official GDQ twitter tweeted out there was an error with registration before even tweeting that registration was open.
Edit history:
The Master: 2015-11-21 04:46:17 am
Er, anyway, ignoring the rest of the thread I have a request for our scheduling for Alien Swarm,

Would it be better if we were shifted to between HL2 and Portal 2, to break up the longer runs since ours is much shorter? Seems like it'd fit into that slot as a break more naturally since the run is expected to be 17-18 minutes with a decent run, and also we aren't expecting setup to need nearly ten minutes as we plan to arrive on the 2nd to get the game installed and make sure everything is ready without having to do it live. We're going to watch a few runs on the first day so this plan is concrete.

Thanks for reading and considering, and see everybody at the event!
Suggestion for the schedule: Have a toggle feature to switch the times between my local time zone and the event's time zone. Both of which people are constantly asking for in the chat to be able to see/know.

Just an idea =).
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-11-21 03:17:31 am
So after looking intensively through our logs, the only scheduled runner who ended up not re-registering immediately after the accident was Graviton. His run is being added back into the schedule.
Alright cool. Sorry I was a bit confrontational earlier. I appreciate you taking the time to go through this and for adding me back
For Fun! For GLORY!!
*refreshes several times to make sure I'm reading it right*

Splatoon starting?!
4 way Blaster Master?!
Super Mario Maker?!?!
The return on Lagoon?!?!
Glitchless Pokemon?!?!?!
RBO Super Metroid?!?!?!
And a full run FF4 Finale?!?!?!?!

1 ticket to the hype train! Choo Choo!!
Why are bonus game blocks still called "SETUP" blocks? With their completely sporadic placement and sometimes very short time (thanks to just being the run's estimate), I don't think you can really pretend they're potentially "setup" anymore.