sumichu: 2015-12-20 09:44:26 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-20 09:44:12 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-13 09:48:45 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-13 09:48:27 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-13 09:48:11 pm
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
AGDQ 2016 Schedule

NOTE:
A lot of the GDQ staff will not be working on days surrounding Christmas Eve/Day due to the holiday and associated travel, so any changes requested on those days may not be processed until next week.  Happy Holidays!

Changelog:
December 24th, 2015
- Changed the Half-Life 2 runner from Woobly to NoirCat, as Woobly will be unable to attend. (per PM received on 12/23 at 8:30 PM EST).
- Added 5 minutes to the Half-Life 2 estimate to account for the difference in runner PBs.

December 23rd, 2015
- Removed Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways DLC Bonus run from the schedule, as Sunblade_GER has informed us he will be unable to perform the run.
- Added Symphony of the Night - Richter All Bosses by mecharichter to the schedule as a bonus game on Thursday at 12:15AM, after the Castlevania block.
- Moved Hotline Miami to Tuesday 3:05am to account for the removal of RE Separate Ways causing schedule drift later on.
- Renamed 'Brain Age, TAS v Human competition, and a total control' to 'TAS Block'.
- Adjusted various setup times to account for run times that aren't a multiple of 5.
- Added an additional '100%' qualifier to the run category for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- Added a Bonus Incentive to Portal 2: 'Chapter 6 DLC'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: 'Showcase an obsolete 'pigflying' strategy'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Battletoads: 'Blindfolded Turbo Tunnel'. Added 3 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Removed the 'Character Skin Bidwar' Donation Incentive from Cloudbuilt.
- Added a Donation Incentive to FEZ: 'Play as Sonic'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Grand Theft Auto 3: 'Radio Station Bidwar'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Half-Life 2: 'Twitch Emote Wall Carving'.
- Added Donation Incentives to Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix: 'Sephiroth Level 1 Proud Mode' and 'Disney Song Singalong'. Added 15 minutes to the setup time to account for them.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards: 'Fridge'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Mirror's Edge: 'Third Person Cutscene Showcase'. Added 6 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added Donation Incentives to Pokemon Yellow: 'Character name Bidwar for the Main Character, Rival, Charmander, Pidgey, Lapras and Nidoran'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Rayman Legends: 'Music Level Showcase'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added Donation Incentives to Secret of Mana: 'Name Bidwar for the Boy', 'Name Bidwar for the Sprite', and 'Glitch Showcase'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for them.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Sonic Advance: 'Let Tails Tag Along'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Spelunky: 'Hell Run'. Added 15 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Strider 2: 'All Stages'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Super Mario Kart: 'Choco Island 1 Race between Md_Neo and KVD'. Added 4 minutes to the setup time to account for it.
- Added Donation Incentives to Super Mario Maker: 'Bidwar: Save or Kill the Yoshis' and 'Name an AGDQ Race Level (32 characters)'.
- Added a Donation Incentive to Super Punch Out: 'Filename Bidwar'.
- Added Donation Incentives to the TAS Block: 'Dome Fossil vs Helix Fossil', 'Bidwar to Name the DS Firmware', 'MK64 Star Cup TAS Showcase', and 'Twitch Plays... Something...'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for them.
- Added Donation Incentives to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 'Filename Bidwar' and 'Blindfolded Co-op Majora Fight'. Added 2 minutes to the setup time to account for them.
- Added Donation Incentives to The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages: 'Filename Bidwar' and 'Choose Link's Spirit Animal'. Added 5 minutes to the setup time to account for them.
- Added a Donation Incentive to The Lion King: 'Hakuna Matata'.
- Changed Tony Hawk's Underground 2's Donation Incentive 'Play as Shrek' to 'Play as either the original character, Shrek, Goat or Skulls'.

All Donation Incentives are now listed on the schedule.

Sunday, December 20, 2015
- Removed Mickey Gnou as a runner from the Metroid Fusion race, as he is unable to attend (per tweet from JRP2234 on 12/17/2015, 1:50 AM EST).
- Added an extra 'one handed' qualification to the Transformers: Devastation run category.
- Updated the Spelunky runners to 'Kinnijup and BumCommando', and updated the Spelunky run category to 'All Shortcuts + Olmec Relay'.
- Updated Zakky The Goatragon's name per his request.

Sunday, December 13, 2015
- Removed Themartonfi from the Banjo Kazooie race, as he is unable to attend (per email we received on 12/13/2015 at 9:11 PM EST).
- Added 5 minutes to the Super Mario Galaxy setup window to account for showing the final cutscene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a temporary format of the schedule; a finalized* copy will be posted to the website.

A topic/form for donation incentives and couch commentary will open this weekend.

Waitlist
As previously mentioned, if we experience drops, we will look for a game that fits the timeslot based on things such as:
-Is the estimate close to the estimate of the dropped game?
-If the game is during a block, is it similar in some way?
-Will tech be able to adjust to this game change without excessive delays?

We will then reach out to the runner to ask the following:
-Will the runner be able to attend AGDQ if we schedule them in?
-Are they comfortable and/or available to do their run at this time?

As always, please feel free to ask questions.

---

*Schedule is subject to change pending runner drops and time limitations.
Thread title:  
yo wheres my game
nice

Quote from Graviton:
yo wheres my game

dang
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Quote from Graviton:
yo wheres my game

We checked registrations, and you are not registered for AGDQ 2016. We double-checked today.
what i did it like weeks ago
I definitely remember the confirmation yet now my profile says I didn't register. I was available the whole week
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Quote from Graviton:
I definitely remember the confirmation yet now my profile says I didn't register. I was available the whole week

Did you do it when registration first opened? Because they wiped the early ones due to fixing it.
This is why I save any and all registration confirmation emails until after all trips
Edit history:
Graviton: 2015-11-20 10:55:33 pm
Graviton: 2015-11-20 10:53:19 pm
Quote from PX_:
Did you do it when registration first opened? Because they wiped the early ones due to fixing it.

yeah i did. somehow i guess i didnt realize i had to do it again? I didnt stay tuned for any more gdq updates stuff when i finished registering because that is typically the last thing you have to worry about until the schedule at least
Edit history:
xcd: 2015-11-20 10:55:25 pm
xcd: 2015-11-20 10:52:48 pm
Cube Throw = OoB
I forgot to register too lol.... it ended up free for runners so I forgot to even bother. lmk if you can add to schedule, just registered. sorry for the confusion.
My run is scheduled on friday, but I'm only available to run from sunday to wednesday. I made the change a while ago on my submission so did you not take it into account? Or was it just an oversight?

Either way, it would be greatly appreciated if it would/could be fixed. Thanks in advance!
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Quote from V0oid:
My run is scheduled on friday, but I'm only available to run from sunday to wednesday. I made the change a while ago on my submission so did you not take it into account? Or was it just an oversight?

Either way, it would be greatly appreciated if it would/could be fixed. Thanks in advance!

We're on it.  Thank you.
Edit history:
Graviton: 2015-11-20 11:11:34 pm
Graviton: 2015-11-20 11:10:04 pm
Graviton: 2015-11-20 11:08:37 pm
Also I'm really glad twitter announced a food truck thread but not that you had to reregister after a major problem. I was under the assumption that twitter was there to tweet all relevant information, especially stuff as important as this. I definitely would have seen this had it been posted there.

EDIT: I now see that it was mentioned in a reply chain that nobody can see. Wish I was following the guy at the start of the chain

EDIT2: I now realize that the account dedicated to computer monitor memes was the one that tweeted this problem outside of a reply chain
Quote from Graviton:
Also I'm really glad twitter announced a food truck thread but not that you had to reregister after a major problem. I was under the assumption that twitter was there to tweet all relevant information, especially stuff as important as this.

be sure to follow the computer monitor's twitter account for future updates
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Graviton:
Also I'm really glad twitter announced a food truck thread but not that you had to reregister after a major problem. I was under the assumption that twitter was there to tweet all relevant information, especially stuff as important as this. I definitely would have seen this had it been posted there.

EDIT: I now see that it was mentioned in a reply chain that nobody can see. Wish I was following the guy at the start of the chain

We also sent a direct email out to everyone about the registration issue and another one when the registration went live again. We will look up and see if you were registered in the moments prior to the wipe/reset, but there was only a few people affected by that. Less than 15 total, and everyone received the email. I am able to verify the emails, and that you also opened the emails.
Quote from Cool Matty:
We also sent a direct email out to everyone about the registration issue and another one when the registration went live again. We will look up and see if you were registered in the moments prior to the wipe/reset, but there was only a few people affected by that. Less than 15 total, and everyone received the email. I am able to verify the emails, and that you also opened the emails.

Unless you know something I don't, you can't do that.
I also registered but it got erased. Though my game was a waitlisted race that didn't get in, so maybe it's just as well.
Quote from yggdrizzle:
Quote from Cool Matty:

Many mail clients allow the ability to add what are called "read requests" which send notifications to the originator that the recipient read the message.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-11-20 11:34:46 pm
Quote from yggdrizzle:

Yes, our email service provides this ability. Most do.

Anyway:

I am working on generating a list of the few people who might have been affected during the wipe. It's going to take some time to restore from backup to do this, so bare with.
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from yggdrizzle:

Yes, our email service provides this ability. Most do.

No it doesn't? You can do a 'receipt' but that requires someone to click a confirmation (which wouldn't be forgotten, how often do you see this?), unless you put in a hidden HTML image (which gmail would block by default) which isn't a feature of any "email service" as far as I know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_tracking
The best part is I will be able to watch these live this year!
Fraudulent World Records
welp, so much for doing a lot of run watching this year, http://puu.sh/lta9i/3e8ad699f9.png not much i want to watch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well
Quote from yggdrizzle:
No it doesn't? You can do a 'receipt' but that requires someone to click a confirmation (which wouldn't be forgotten, how often do you see this?), unless you put in a hidden HTML image (which gmail would block by default) which isn't a feature of any "email service" as far as I know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_tracking

GMail still opens the image server-side when you open the email, as part of their image proxy service (hides your location/ip, but still sends us the notification). If the image was blocked entirely, we wouldn't have received the notification. Like I said, most mass email services (mandrill, mailgun, etc) provide this functionality.