Sent: 2015-11-22 10:09:04 pm
Sent: 2015-11-22 10:07:22 pm
Sent: 2015-11-20 10:41:38 pm
Sent: 2015-11-20 10:41:02 pm
Sent: 2015-11-20 04:18:57 pm
Sent: 2015-11-18 01:46:58 pm
Sent: 2015-11-18 01:44:37 pm
Go Faster!
Now that the games have been chosen, it’s time to get ready to submit some awesome prizes to go with them. Here are some guidelines to read through before you make a submission

Prize Submissions for AGDQ 2016 have ended, however please feel free to contact me with prize inquires for SGDQ 2016.

Quote from SMK:
HOWEVER, it now requires login/registration (the page should redirect you to a login page). If you go to the registration page linked from the login, you can use your email to register (it should be straightforward, if it doesn't work, let me know). Once you're logged in, it should work normally again.

The reason why we're doing this is to help make keeping track of shipping more streamlined after the event. If anything seems amiss, please post here or PM me. [SMK]

Edit: I'm aware it would make more sense to be able to use your gdq account to do this, that's the plan eventually :p

The deadline for prize submissions will be December 27th at 11:59 PM PST, a week before the start of the marathon. If you are creating a prize for the marathon and you are not sure if you can make this deadline, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you on a case by case basis.

EDIT: Quick clarification about the deadline, I need to know about the prize by the 27th, it doesn't need to be finished, or ready to ship at that point.

When submissions are live, you will be able to find a list of the Accepted prizes: Here

Unfortunately we simply will not be able to accept every prize that is offered

If you are planning to submit multiple similar or smaller prizes, such as perlers, patches, or figures, and feel strongly about keeping them together as a set, please make this information known.Generally, we will split groups of similar smaller items into individual prizes instead of keeping them together as a single prize.

While you prepare to make your submissions, feel free to show off your potential prize donations here. This thread can also be used for posting progress on prizes you're making yourself, or just for asking any questions you may have about prizes or how the submission process will work.

GUIDELINES

Check out the Games List (Search "Status: Progress") or the Schedule (Temporary Schedule) for the games you can submit prizes for.

Take a good picture of your prize and host it through a reliable image hosting site, such as imgur or photobucket. Please also take measurements and weigh your prize. The numbers don't have to be perfect, but pictures can be deceptive when it comes to size and weight, and it helps for us to have a good ballpark estimate on the dimensions of your prize.

At GDQ events we really love showcasing all of the unique items both made and acquired by the community. As a result, we generally do not accept digital prizes (i.e. Steam codes) for the main event. However, if you happen to have a really cool digital prize, we may do a social media giveaway.

If you have any additional questions or concerns or would just like to talk about prizes, leave a post in the thread, or feel free to contact us directly at Prizes@gamesdonequick.com

Sent
Games Done Quick Prize Coordinator
Thread title:  
Before I get too excited - does the accepted list mean that the submission has been recieved and will be reviewed, or that it's been reviewed and it's going to be used? It sound like the latter, in which case y'all moved quickly!
Go Faster!
It is indeed the latter. Items are not publicly visable on that list until they have been reviewed and accepted
Thank you, that is excellent news! So pleased my little hat has made the cut.
SHARK SENPAI
I've been waiting for this since I missed the deadline last year. <3

I can offer up a set or two of full color Koopaling prints (5x7 or 4x6 inches, both of which I have currently finished up), but I also intend on making some original prints based on this year's lineup. Smiley

I'm pretty flexible so if there's anything in particular that you're looking for I can do my best to try something like that.

o ya and examples/what to expect: http://addyarts.tumblr.com/tagged/koopaling
bird
I'm still working out what prizes I can potentially donate, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Will there be a FedEx shipping account set up for AGDQ?
2. Are we permitted to submit prizes that we've already contributed to previous GDQs? I can at least donate another MissingNo plushie if repeat prizes are ok.
Go Faster!
Quote from Addy:
I've been waiting for this since I missed the deadline last year. <3

I can offer up a set or two of full color Koopaling prints (5x7 or 4x6 inches, both of which I have currently finished up), but I also intend on making some original prints based on this year's lineup. Smiley

I'm pretty flexible so if there's anything in particular that you're looking for I can do my best to try something like that.

o ya and examples/what to expect: http://addyarts.tumblr.com/tagged/koopaling

These look nice Addy, I guess my only thought is that I would be unlikely to split these prints up for use as individual prizes, but at the same time trying to display and send 7 different prints might feel a bit cumbersome. It's certainly something we could do, but I was curious about the possiblity of getting the koopalings together. (maybe with bowser?)

Quote from steelfeather:
I'm still working out what prizes I can potentially donate, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Will there be a FedEx shipping account set up for AGDQ?
2. Are we permitted to submit prizes that we've already contributed to previous GDQs? I can at least donate another MissingNo plushie if repeat prizes are ok.

Hey steelfeather

I do not believe we will be using a predefined FedEX account for shipping and reimbursement for this event, but I will go ahead and double check our plans with PCF to be sure. As for repeat prizes, I prefer to just look at everything on a case by case basis, although I think we might not accept any more plastic skeletons 
SHARK SENPAI
Definitely a possibility. I have a few photos of them all together as well (and totally intended on having them go as a set, no worries there), but I'll see what I can do about combining them all, or just making something new all together.

I don't mind waiting a bit to see which segments or games don't have as many donation incentives and filling in the blanks, too. I work best with assignments and deadlines.
Ended up pretty busy this season, but I'm gonna try and get some perlers made for this! Hopefully I'll be able to finish by the deadline.
Plushie maker www.Metroidhat.com
A preview of what I'm working on...

Slower than you
Submitted for your approval (all reproduction cartridges, but that should go without saying by now):

Kaizo Mario Bros. 3:
http://i.imgur.com/gguZZx0.jpg

Rockman 4: Burst Chaser X Air Sliding:
http://i.imgur.com/Epe3pDf.jpg

Seiken Densetsu 3:
http://i.imgur.com/YLVsy2Z.jpg

Kaizo Mario Trilogy:
http://i.imgur.com/viPsduu.jpg

Gimmick:
http://i.imgur.com/6TH04lj.jpg

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem:
http://i.imgur.com/cfCs78w.jpg
Go Faster!
@Zounder: Great to hear from ya, no worries, dont push yourself, and just keep me updated.

@Eyes5: Love it, I'm gonna have to go find a tiny velcro guitar

@Ryan: BCAS in cartridge form, a most excellent choice.
Those are some nice repros Ryan, I submitted a few myself

Final Fantasy 4,5,6 single cart

Mega Man: The Wily Wars

The Legend Of Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets
I'd like to submit a prize, but when I follow the link all I get is a page that says "Bad page." Am I doing something wrong?
Edit history:
Sent: 2015-12-20 10:08:43 pm
Sent: 2015-12-20 06:56:10 pm
Go Faster!
Well, that's not supposed to happen, Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I've gone ahead and notified our tracker team of the problem and I'll update this post as soon as they get it fixed (We're good!). In the meantime, if you'd like to send an Email to Prizes@gamesdonequick.com I would be more than happy to discuss, and manually input your submission into the system.
Awesome, thank you!
Edit history:
SMK: 2015-12-20 07:28:34 pm
I, SMK has trouble communicating with people.

I merged a bunch of changes, such that the link is now http://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/user/submit_prize/agdq2016.

HOWEVER, it now requires login/registration (the page should redirect you to a login page). If you go to the registration page linked from the login, you can use your email to register (it should be straightforward, if it doesn't work, let me know). Once you're logged in, it should work normally again.

The reason why we're doing this is to help make keeping track of shipping more streamlined after the event. If anything seems amiss, please post here or PM me.

Edit: I'm aware it would make more sense to be able to use your gdq account to do this, that's the plan eventually :p
When I submitted my email from the register page, I ended up with "server done blowed up." So... not sure if successful?

Perhaps more reliably, I've also emailed Prizes@ with submission details.
Okay, I seem to have fixed it now, my apologies for the brokenness.
Plushie maker www.Metroidhat.com
And, done! I wanted to make Goron Link and Deku Link as well, but I didn't have time for that.

The best way out is always through!
When you say the deadline is December 27th, does this mean you need to have received the submission by the then, or the actual prize? I'll be attending the event, so I can bring it with me, but I'll need another day or two to finish it.
Edit history:
Sent: 2015-12-22 04:49:34 pm
Go Faster!
@Eyes: Looks great, it's also a little larger than I had initially thought.

@rizu: The 27th is just the deadline for submissions, as long as the prize can be ready by the end of the marathon, and I know about it by the 27th, we can work something out.
Dapper as fuck.
Suggested start and finish games only show AGDQ preshow in the prize submission tool?
Go Faster!
Well that's certainly strange, last I heard that field should have been disabled.  I've let SMK know, but you can just go ahead and ignore it for now.
Dapper as fuck.
ok, so use the extra info box for where we want the prize to go, or is that not a thing anymore?