Sad
<- 1  -   of 29 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Cool Matty:

It was never intended to be a method of stopping cancellations in general. We couldn't, and wouldn't do that. That's why we offer refunds. This is just about keeping accurate tally of what runners are on-site on which specific days, and being fair to other runners who might have had a chance in your place. We wish we could stop cancellations, but honestly the biggest problem is just not being notified. It's unfair to everyone involved if you no-show to the event, or cancel a week before when you've known for months you couldn't go. Can we stop it from happening? No, but we can encourage people to do the right thing. If you have to cancel, do it right, so it can be taken care of.

I'm assuming this would also mean you don't have to hope gdq got your message? I know someone who got no response when they asked to drop long before the event.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from hugo4fun:
Just for clarifying: We will know before Oct 28th that , if registered and paid, our runs are accepted. I just need to confirm this for buying plane tickets, they're a bit expensive from Brazil and I want to do this ASAP.

Yes. You will have a notification in your profile confirming your run as accepted to the final list.

Quote from TheMG2:
I'm assuming this would also mean you don't have to hope gdq got your message? I know someone who got no response when they asked to drop long before the event.

Cancellations are partially automated now, you will submit them on your profile (in fact, you have to, if you want a refund). Once it's submitted, your run will be removed from the schedule permanently.
Edit history:
rowrow_: 2015-10-10 05:08:36 am
rowrow_: 2015-10-10 05:02:45 am
no more umbreons pls
I know it's early morning EST but I'm ready to submit my runs Tongue are we free to do so now?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the submissions link was on the actual GDQ site!

EDITEDIT: going even further beyond, there is nothing in the rules about swearing on stream, but I feel like that could be a problem in some cases. What are the rules on swears?
waifus are laifu
Pretty sure it's nothing worse than PG-13, or what you'd say to your grandma when she visits Tongue
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-10-10 08:54:10 am
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Submissions will go live sometime tonight.

Swearing is to be kept at an absolute minimum (as in, don't swear). We don't jump on people for letting something minor slip, but otherwise we do have rules against it.

Also, REMINDER: You have a FULL WEEK to submit your games, and there is no value in submitting early! Being first in the door with a crappy submission will NOT improve your chances.
no more umbreons pls
Are you implying my submission is going to be crappy Sad

also if you haven't been preparing your submissions prior to this date I don't know what you're expecting a week from now (unless you're grinding out a better run to submit)
See the submissions topic, or submission info. You're expected to make a pitch of all your games. Figure out what games and categories you want to run, explain why you think it's a good fit for the marathon.
What Cooly Matty is trying to say is, don't rush. Figure out what you're going to write down and do it right. Much better that you've thought it out and double-checked it for errors than to rush to be first.
The pitch and any possible youtube video showing off the game is what gets the game into the marathon or not! So it's very important. How fast you're able to submit is not.

So yeah, plan how you're going to pitch it and keep working on it until time's up, unless you feel absolutely comfortable it's as good as you can do it. If I remember right, you're not going to be able to edit it later unless you forget something important, in which case the people in charge can update it for you.

Good luck!
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Or you can put "I'm a beast"

*quietly slides out of the room*
station
Quote from rowrow_:
also if you haven't been preparing your submissions prior to this date I don't know what you're expecting a week from now (unless you're grinding out a better run to submit)

One week is more than enough time to write a good submission.
no more umbreons pls
Quote from saintmillion:
Quote from rowrow_:

One week is more than enough time to write a good submission.

If you were waiting until this saturday to decide to submit to AGDQ, then great, you've got a week to prep
The vod I was gonna use for my submission was split because of twitch. do I have to redo my submission video or can I post the link to the second part in the run description?
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Quote from JRP2234:
The vod I was gonna use for my submission was split because of twitch. do I have to redo my submission video or can I post the link to the second part in the run description?

Link to the first video and let us know your VOD was split in your description.
Quote from sumichu:
Link to the first video and let us know your VOD was split in your description.

Nice that saves me a lot of time. thanks for answering.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
hey, i made my submission but forgot to add my Youtube stream and twitter handle. is it alright or do i need those edited in?
Terraffirmative!
Editting submissions will be available after submissions are closed. Since it looks like you have videos for all your submissions, that information shouldn't be important for now.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
oh that's good. it's even better since i do streaming on Youtube nowadays.
Why reject Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories so quickly? The category's suggested have little RNG, the runner who requested them is consistent, and the game brought hype, viewers and donations at ESA. The game has changed a lot in the past year and the community has sky rocketed, please reconsider.
Quote:
Why reject Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories so quickly? The category's suggested have little RNG, the runner who requested them is consistent, and the game brought hype, viewers and donations at ESA. The game has changed a lot in the past year and the community has sky rocketed, please reconsider.

Plus a race is always exciting for Forbidden Memories and both racers are entertaining and skilled enough at the categories to make it worthwhile. It was a shame to see it instantly rejected even with a premade deck in there as it is pretty much guaranteed to go correctly.
Quote from Raikaru:
Quote:

Plus a race is always exciting for Forbidden Memories and both racers are entertaining and skilled enough at the categories to make it worthwhile. It was a shame to see it instantly rejected even with a premade deck in there as it is pretty much guaranteed to go correctly.

This is quite true, personally I felt that the FM run at ESA brought a lot more hype during the section in which it was run. Consistency + skilled, dedicated, entertaining runners = a better marathon.
Plzz i agree to have a forbbiden memories, i love watching gfc and in my opinion this game is the best
This is not the giant
For whoever is concerned about the PC version issues, I'll bring my own computer to run it if need be. The port isn't even that bad to be honest; it just has some slowdown on older PCs
Quote from PvtCb:
For whoever is concerned about the PC version issues, I'll bring my own computer to run it if need be. The port isn't even that bad to be honest; it just has some slowdown on older PCs

Quote from Raikaru:
Quote:

One of the major things that draws people like myself to marathons like AGDQ and ESA is the chance to see new games I may enjoy watching or running myself. Yu-Gi-Oh! has a very large fanbase and would draw the attention of old and new fans alike. However, the most interesting thing about NG+ is seeing the most powerful cards in the game destroy the opposition with rare card synergy. I believe that NG+ might not be fantastic as a single run, but it would be a great contender for the spotlight as a race. GamesForCharity and SSBMstuff would really explain the games mechanics well and help make an obscure game shine. I believe that newer games bring more hype than old ones that have been played at GDQ after GDQ. Ergo, Forbidden Memories NG+ race deserves a shot.
Edit history:
Forstride: 2015-10-10 11:07:32 pm
I'm curious as to why Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures were rejected right off the bat.  Both are pretty interesting speedgames (Although a bit obscure) with cool movement and other things to show off, AND they've never been shown at a GDQ before.  Granted, I don't run either game, but I would've loved to have seen them ran at AGDQ.
King of the Choads
If possible, I would like some clarification on why Battletoads for Genesis was rejected? I'm not salty, merely curious. I figure it has something to do with my lack of streaming. Been practicing offline tons, but I know that doesn't mean much. Good luck to the other runners!
Quote from Raikaru:
Quote:

totally agree with both of them.
At ESA it was a huge success in my opinion. A lot of viewers (i think the viewer count doubled at this time.IN SECONDS), donations and its fun to watch (and i bet the full potential wasnt shown) . After this hype many bigger runners started to run it and had a pretty good viewer count.  Its fun to watch, brings back all the childhood memories. With the 2 "professionals", GFC_ (GamesForCharity) and SSBMstuff,  racing it it will be exciting, everything will be explained very well and there is a little RNG in it, and races are always good.