--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-12-08 12:27:25 pm
Cool Matty: 2015-12-08 12:12:40 pm
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
New to this GDQ, we have something special for our attendees! A free-to-play arcade room!

We've partnered with Tokyo Attack and MAGFest, each providing about half the machines. Tokyo Attack will be manning the room to provide assistance and maintenance on the machines.

Note: Due to scheduling conflicts, the arcade will not be open until early January 5th. Pinball machines should be available the entire event.

Tokyo Attack will be providing the following machines:

SOUND VOLTEX
beatmania IIDX
jubeat (2x)
Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX (2x)
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
In The Groove
Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! [Super Table-Flip!]
The*BishiBashi
Multi-game HD Fighting Cabinets (2x)

The current confirmed list of games that are playable in the multi-game HD Fighting cabs are:

BlazBlue (arcade)
KOF XIII (arcade)
Super Street Fighter 4 (arcade)
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (ps3)
Fighting Climax (ps3)

With more potentially in the works.

MAGFest is providing the following machines:

X-men 6 player
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Ghosts N' Goblins
Inviso Frogger (Regular frogger with a mod to make frogger invisible, for a challenge)
Killer Instinct 2
Mortal Kombat 2
R-Type
Tron

In addition to these arcade machines, we are also working with Pinball Joe ( http://twitter.com/joesaid ) again from last AGDQ, who will be returning in full capacity! A couple pins may be issued to the arcade room, but the remainder will continue to live in the lobby area of the main stream room.

Note that the availability of particular machines may change before or during the event due to mechanical failures or maintenance.
Thread title:  
Hnnnnnnnnng Dig Dug.  Just need a Pac-Man machine!  Tongue
Formerly Paradox_Zero
I wonder what the multi-game cabs will have. This could be spectacular.

All I need is a Galaga machine, and I'd be set for all my down time.
#FailFish
THIS

is awesome
(Also adding to first post)

The current confirmed list of games that are playable in the multi-game HD Fighting cabs are:

BlazBlue (arcade)
KOF XIII (arcade)
Super Street Fighter 4 (arcade)
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (ps3)
Fighting Climax (ps3)

With more potentially in the works.
do you know what theme and song packs are on the ITG machine?
Quote from oOSnowman:

I don't, but I do know it is set up to allow custom song packs.
Great addition, looking forward to trying some of these out.
Edit history:
SpongeFreak52: 2015-12-08 01:42:49 pm
Quote from oOSnowman:

Simply Love. There's a good amount of community packs installed already from what I recall, don't know which in specific though.
I'm just trying to impress you.
what style IIDX??
The Dork Knight himself.
OMG, you mean REAL arcade games that don't just spit out a few tickets after a minute of play????? Sign me up Cheesy
Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX!

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX!!

welp, rip sleep
the only way this could be better is if you had Time Crisis 2, 3, or 4 there.

Holy carp. I'm going a whole week without sleeping.
Edit history:
Reflected: 2015-12-08 02:22:13 pm
Quote from PEACHES_:
what style IIDX??

I want to know this too.
If anyone else has questions on the machines, leave them here, and I'll give them one long questionnaire sometime tomorrow instead of repeatedly nagging them individually. Tongue
Edit history:
authorblues: 2015-12-08 02:53:32 pm
Quote from Cool Matty:
If anyone else has questions on the machines, leave them here, and I'll give them one long questionnaire sometime tomorrow instead of repeatedly nagging them individually. Tongue

Will the Initial D Arcade Stage 7 machine come stocked with license cards?
The Great Farming Empire
Where exactly is this room gonna be? I personally didn't see too many rooms open at the last AGDQ for us. :O
Quote from PEACHES_:
what style IIDX??

They're usually running SPADA.

Quote from authorblues:
Quote from Cool Matty:

Will the Initial D Arcade Stage 7 machine come stocked with license cards?

Cards will be available for $10 and are not required to play, but will save your progress and stats.
Quote from SpongeFreak52:
Cards will be available for $10 and are not required to play, but will save your progress and stats.

Each card will be $10? I'm too hype to say I won't pay that because I probably will, but that seems a bit expensive. Do the cards cost more on the newer machines or something? I haven't played an Arcade Stage machine since 2 or 3. Thanks for the info in any case. Cheesy
Quote from authorblues:
Quote from SpongeFreak52:

Each card will be $10? I'm too hype to say I won't pay that because I probably will, but that seems a bit expensive. Do the cards cost more on the newer machines or something? I haven't played an Arcade Stage machine since 2 or 3. Thanks for the info in any case. Cheesy

Initial D 2 and 3 both used the flimsy magnetic cards, whereas 4 and up use the plastic IC cards that are more durable and last longer. With 4 and earlier (and 8 in some locations), SEGA provided cards to US arcades, whereas with 7 they have to be imported from Japan.
Hey, sorry I'm late to the party!

Everything Sponge has said so far seems to be pretty spot on!
Talk to the Hand
But Anthony, WHERE'S RERAVE?!?!

(If you couldn't figure out who this was before, now you know ;))

Seriously though, I've worked with Tokyo Attack in the past, they're cool people. And of course, their game selection is amazing.
Are the bemani games running offline? Or are they run on eamusement?
Everything will be offline
Dapper as fuck.
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Where exactly is this room gonna be? I personally didn't see too many rooms open at the last AGDQ for us. :O

I think we have basically the whole hotel this year where we didn't before.  Or something to that effect.