Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Can the Metroid Prime system be changed to GC? At this point it's just going to cause confusion since there's also a Wii version.
for the runners for the ALttP run, Christosowen is no longer going due to unfortunate circumstances, and as far as I know Jadin has never planned on going? I think it's just a solo run now.
I mentioned this in another thread, but Justis will not be attending so you can definitively put me as the runner for Descent. Also, I see there's no category listed; I originally submitted the Trainee run, but my skill level has vastly improved since submissions. At this point, I'm able to make Trainee runs look ridiculously easy (to the point where I think it's a bit dull to watch, IMO), and I can feasibly run the much more challenging Hotshot difficulty while still remaining well within my original estimate. Obviously I'd vastly prefer to run the latter, if possible.
that Metroidvania guy
The major change made to the schedule tonight was Minecraft being cut, with halfcoordinated's Vanquish run being put on after Kingdom Hearts to compensate for the open time slot. The short Metal Gear Rising run by cramer is being coupled with this game as they are both Platinum titles and this addition keeps the schedule intact.

The reason for this change was because the Minecraft runners have unfortunately not found enough time for proper co-op practice as they would have liked. They’ve only practiced for a single session since we spoke to them regarding the run, almost two weeks ago. Even though the runners seemed to show promising progress during that session, additional practice was required so that they were not in a constant state of de-rusting. With so little time left before AGDQ, we were not comfortable with keeping the game on the schedule and hoping that they would find a significant amount of free time for co-op practice during the holiday season.

Vanquish was chosen as the replacement for a few reasons. The primary reason is that halfcoordinated has proven himself throughout the year at various marathons and is already very well practiced. In addition to his great performance at online events (such as the JRTA Marathon), he has demonstrated his capability of executing a very creative donation incentive where he keeps a soda bottle on hand the entire time, sometimes using it to play. Furthermore, the game is incredibly fast-paced and is fun to watch as a result. With less than three weeks before AGDQ, it made sense to go with an established runner who has proven himself and can put on an entertaining show with very little notice.

Quote from Miles:
Can the Metroid Prime system be changed to GC? At this point it's just going to cause confusion since there's also a Wii version.

I changed it to indicate that it is the Gamecube version being played on a Wii (part of the reason for listing the console is to help staff, after all). Does that work well?

Quote from Inebriated:
for the runners for the ALttP run, Christosowen is no longer going due to unfortunate circumstances, and as far as I know Jadin has never planned on going? I think it's just a solo run now.

Changed to just you for now. That's unfortunate. :c

Quote from SpootyBiscuit:
I mentioned this in another thread, but Justis will not be attending so you can definitively put me as the runner for Descent. Also, I see there's no category listed; I originally submitted the Trainee run, but my skill level has vastly improved since submissions. At this point, I'm able to make Trainee runs look ridiculously easy (to the point where I think it's a bit dull to watch, IMO), and I can feasibly run the much more challenging Hotshot difficulty while still remaining well within my original estimate. Obviously I'd vastly prefer to run the latter, if possible.

Ok, I changed it to Hotshot difficulty. Do you feel this would work better as an incentive, or would you rather not take the risk?
Apparently the minecraft runners were not aware of this change?  Atleast one of them anyway, he was streaming just a moment ago, and he found out it was canceled when his chat told him, and he thought they were joking.
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from Naegleria:
Apparently the minecraft runners were not aware of this change?  Atleast one of them anyway, he was streaming just a moment ago, and he found out it was canceled when his chat told him, and he thought they were joking.

Both of them have been reached out to multiple times about this during the period since concerns were initially brought up. Also, since he finished streaming, I have talked to both of them again. Everything's cool.
Edit history:
Emptyeye: 2014-12-16 03:22:42 pm
Talk to the Hand
Thanks Mike, Rom and Co. From my perspective, it wasn't so much how or why Minecraft initially got in (It's been in marathons before and worked fine), or even the lack of practice on the run (I very much live in a glass house in that regard) to this point. It was the fact that, put bluntly, Mike seemed to put bananas in his ears and go "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU EVERYTHING IS FINE NOTHING IS RUINED" when the issues were pointed out (Linking to exact posts here is awful, but I'm talking about "Like Deuceler said, they're practicing" when Deuceler was pointing out the exact opposite). It seemed out of character, though if Mike was sick then, that would explain a lot of it. Anyway, sorry the run didn't work out, and thanks for making that call.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
So is Minecraft completely cut, or would Bismuth be doing a set seed run at this point? I'm not a huge fan of speedruns of this game, but it seemed popular enough at last AGDQ.
Quote from romscout:
Quote from SpootyBiscuit:

Ok, I changed it to Hotshot difficulty. Do you feel this would work better as an incentive, or would you rather not take the risk?

If there's going to be an incentive associated with the game, I'd personally prefer the run be Hotshot by default with a donation incentive to do the secret levels. As I mentioned in the donation incentives thread, doing the secret levels shows off a couple of interesting stage quirks - 1) the only major sequence break in the entire game, and 2) a level so simple that I can do it blindfolded, if you'd like something a little silly. The downside is that doing both Hotshot and Secret Levels would likely add 4 minutes to my estimate (for a total of 50 minutes), but if there's enough wiggle room for it, I think that would be the best option.
Edit history:
bangerra: 2014-12-21 07:15:09 am
A small yet rather relevant question:

Will the DuckTales 2 race be Any% or Good Ending? 10m vs 17m (high average)
Me and Dxtr would like to get confirmation on this because we were apparently practicing different categories.
Edit history:
bangerra: 2014-12-21 07:15:20 am
I would love to get an answer on my question above, so I can start practicing the correct category.
that Metroidvania guy
it's good ending. sorry for the late reply
No problem, thanks again!
A marathon without Mario 64!

Is there a motivation about this lack?

Thanks.
No one submitted it. It was offered afterwards but it's not fair to give someone time when they couldn't even bother submitting in the first place.
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility to make a minor change to the category of a run? I'm doing F-ZERO Climax and the run I submitted was played in Grand Prix-mode, but lately I realized that it would be much more of an entertaining run if I just drove through the tracks in Time Attack-mode instead since you then don't have to deal with the traffic in GP which is random and thus constantly in the way which prevents me from driving as good as I can.

I know I'm pretty late with this request, but since it's so minor and I believe it would make the run a lot better I hope it's fine. The length of the run would be the same, but since you can die in TA and in that case having to re-do the track (just like in all other F-ZERO games), it might be a good idea to add 5 more minutes to the estimate just to be sure.

For comparison:

Old GP Run: http://www.twitch.tv/yazzo_/c/4987771
New TA Run: http://www.twitch.tv/yazzo_/c/5740394
TA runs definetly make a better showing for Climax, and would fit the staff ghost runs of X and GX, seconding that.
I will be unable to come to AGDQ, therefore unable to take part in the VVVVVV run the morning of the 5th. FieryBlizzard is still able to take part in that, and he may grab another runner to take my place in the glitch runs. I've told him and hopefully we can talk to that person. I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope you guys do well.
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from Yazzo:
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility to make a minor change to the category of a run? I'm doing F-ZERO Climax and the run I submitted was played in Grand Prix-mode, but lately I realized that it would be much more of an entertaining run if I just drove through the tracks in Time Attack-mode instead since you then don't have to deal with the traffic in GP which is random and thus constantly in the way which prevents me from driving as good as I can.

Sorry, I thought  I had replied to the PM/Twitch message/whatever you sent me regarding this. I will make that switch.
No worries. Thanks a lot!
Oh and another thing about the schedule is that me and EdwardFourZERO6 decided that we would like to do the F-ZERO race on SNES instead of on VC. I hope that doesn't cause any issues.
I've been really worried about how close my arrival is to the time of my runs. If my flight gets delayed even just a bit it'll make things really rushed for me and I'd rather not have the risk of missing my run at all. Is there any way my runs could be later on the 5th? I'm supposed to arrive at 1:30PM so if I could get at least a few hours to get things ready that'd make me feel a lot better about the whole thing.
that Metroidvania guy
I will try to sort this out today/tomorrow, but I have had about 5 different requests from completely different blocks to have runs pushed much later in the day on the 5th. I'll see what I can do, but be aware that there is a chance that not everything will work out perfectly since I also have to keep the availability of other runners in mind.
Keeper of TASBot
The TASBot block (which still needs to be split up) can be moved earlier if it needs to be or even bifurcated, although I would prefer to keep MK64 near the Mario Kart run. We have three distinct runs as noted on the sorting out runs thread. Best of luck!
that Metroidvania guy
Some changes were made to accommodate different runners. The main things that should be noted are that the 3D Sonic block is several hours earlier, everything that was after VVVVVV but before that block previously is now later, and anything after They Bleed Pixels for the remainder of the schedule is about 45 minutes earlier. If there is any time conflict that was created from this somehow, I must know immediately. Spam my twitter/Skype/whatever to get my attention.

More in-depth details:

- TASbot block is now split up in the listing as requested, but this did not affect the actual time on the schedule at all.
- 3D Sonic block is moved to being right after VVVVVV so that runners for the rest of the day aren't having their flights come in after their runs are scheduled.
- F-Zero Climax is now before the F-Zero race just to give EdwardFourZERO6 a little extra time to arrive
- Tiny Brains was removed because Laz had way too many technical problems with the game and was worried about how it would hold up at AGDQ. Because previous schedule changes had already made the marathon end later than intended, nothing is replacing it so that we will be right on track with the original plan. Again, this means everything for the rest of the schedule is about 45 minutes earlier than the previously most recent listing. Make sure this doesn't mess up any runs you have.