sumichu: 2015-02-25 05:20:27 pm
Studio: 2015-01-24 09:10:13 am
EvenSteven02: 2014-12-28 10:02:37 pm
EvenSteven02: 2014-12-16 12:13:22 am
EvenSteven02: 2014-12-03 09:13:20 am
EvenSteven02: 2014-12-01 04:10:05 pm
EvenSteven02: 2014-10-24 10:46:10 pm
Stay frosty my friends!
AGDQ 2015 prize winners have been drawn.  Please check your emails!

The games have been chosen. Now it’s time to submit the awesome prizes to go with them. Make sure to read through the guidelines first!

Here is the prize submission form: SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED http://bombch.us/sZR
The deadline for prize submissions will be December 27, a little over a week before AGDQ starts (AGDQ is January 4-10). If you are making/getting a prize and think you won’t make the deadline, contact me beforehand. It is easiest to contact me through Twitter (@EvenSteven02) but you may also send me a private message on SDA.

Here is a list of the submitted prizes: http://bombch.us/tdy
We will not be accepting every prize that is offered. So please make sure that you are submitting your best! I will update the list as often as I can so everyone can get HYPE about what will be available to win at AGDQ!

Accepted prizes will appear on the list after the staff has approved them.

After you have made your submissions, make sure to bump this thread with your prize pictures. This thread can also be used for suggesting prizes, posting progress on prizes you made yourself, or just any questions you may have about prizes.

GUIDELINES

Check out the SCHEDULE for the games you can submit prizes for.

We do not accept digital prizes (i.e. Steam codes) for the main event. However, feel free to contact me if you have a digital prize that could be used as a social media prize.

SAVE YOUR SHIPPING RECEIPTS! You will need to ship your own prizes after the marathon ends but we will reimburse you for the shipping costs. If you have a super awesome prize that you think should be showcased at the marathon, contact me and I’ll see what I can do.

Do not give a recommended donation bid for your prize. Please tell us the actual estimated value of your prize. If you made the prize yourself, estimate what you would sell it for if you were being commissioned to make it.

Take good pictures of your prizes and host them through imgur or photobucket.
    This is a prize pic I submitted for SGDQ: http://i.imgur.com/aPrZIIr.jpg?1
    This is what a GOOD prize pic should look like: http://i.imgur.com/toAlxfs.jpg

If you have any other questions, let me know!
Thread title:  
Highly Evolved
Are prizes being handled differently this year over the past three or four GDQs?  People haven't received prizes from past marathons yet.  What assurances are there that donators and winners will be contacted in a timely manner so that the process isn't drawn out and probably in some cases completely forgotten?
Stay frosty my friends!
I can't speak for previous marathons, but I've been in the same boat waiting for prize info months after a marathon was over. The way I plan on handling AGDQ 2015 is letting all prize donators know the status of their prizes and recipients as soon as the information is received. Since romscout and others have handled prizes in previous marathons, all the different responsibilities of a marathon have fallen on them. I conferred with the Uyamanati to volunteer my services in handling prizes to lighten their load and help make sure that your awesome prize is ready to go out long before the next marathon starts.
Would it be better to have some sort of schedule this time around to keep people committed as well as reassured for prize information being sent out on a timely manner? I know that prizes being sent out is one issue, but the biggest problem as far as I could tell with past marathons was simply a matter of getting the information sent out to those that just need to get the prizes sent to the winners.

A schedule might help big time this time, but I understand if it might more problems than it would solve.
2 Things:

1. I'm currently writing an auto-mailing system for prizes, such that
- as soon as prizes are accepted, the contributor will be notified
- as soon as the event is over, the winners will be notified
- as soon as a winner accepts the prize, the contributor will be notified with the winner's mailing address

2. Don't use the prize submission link, it was the wrong link, use this one instead.
Stay frosty my friends!
Thank you, SMK. I have updated the original post with the new, correct link.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
This is not in my posession as of yet, as I just ordered this online.  However, as soon as it does reach my house, I'll get a better picture of it and submit it for the F-Zero block.

We need more prizes up in this thread.
Haters gonna hate
I have only made one perler so far...

Mole Knight perler for Shovel Knight.

So I'd like to offer up this bad boy for Crazy Taxi/Sega block.

This is an unopened officially licensed Crazy Taxi RC car (batteries included!) that Sega contracted DSI Toys to make back in 2003 when the game was ported to gamecube/ps2; however they didn't sell so well and that company has since filed for bankruptcy, so these are somewhat uncommon now. I have only found 2 new items on amazon and everywhere else is used. The issue is, as you can see, the box has some wear around the edges and clear plastic cover, which would be potentially unflattering for a prize picture. Would it be better to submit a prize picture with everything in the box and keep it unopened for "collectibility" sake or remove the car and controller for a separate, but better looking picture? I want to be as open as possible about its condition, the physical car and controller are in great shape, just the box is the problem. If accepted as a prize I would probably end up shipping everything in the original box anyway, but I wanted SDA's opinion before I submitted it.
Not participating in AGDQ or likely watching (bandwidth limits *sadface*), but I would leave it unopened, as it would keep the collectable value of it. Noting the damage is to the box and plastic is completely fair, and to be honest from your picture it's hard to see anything at all there (the bottom left corner in front is damage, but I can't notice anything on the plastic cover).

I'd leave it unopened, but that's coming from the view of someone would is looking at it from a collectable standpoint.
Edit history:
Edobean: 2014-11-11 02:11:38 pm
Awwww Fook!
An awesome lady is in the works of making a Ridley Plushie to give away for AGDQ! Note that this will be a pretty big size Ridley.
Obviously I would love to show this during Super Metroid or any Metroid game.

Here is some of the progress she's made (note these pictures were from over a MONTH ago) and I cannot wait to see it finally finished.
I'm hoping that we will also give away little plushies from other games.

I would love to give away other prizes, but they are still up in the air at the moment.

I cannot wait for this! This is going to be awesome!

EDIT: You can check her progress here! http://www.metroidhat.com/ridley/ridleyplush1.html
First time poster, long time *GDQ watcher.  I just submitted a small (5x7) cross stitch as a potential prize.

I plan to make some more prizes - after seeing Super Marisa Land on the schedule I'd love to make something Touhou themed Smiley
I have a question in regards to the drawing of prizes. In the past it seems there has been some issues with shipping the prizes in a timely manner. Will it be the same this year? As in if i donate a prize, will i have to wait for information on your end to ship my prize to the winner. Or can I just ship a prize to you all and you handle it?

Also, is it possible to do the prize drawings live during bonus? Maybe it's just me, but it would be exciting to know if I won right away instead of constantly checking email to see.
Stay frosty my friends!
Quote from Billnye_Fan:
I have a question in regards to the drawing of prizes. In the past it seems there has been some issues with shipping the prizes in a timely manner. Will it be the same this year? As in if i donate a prize, will i have to wait for information on your end to ship my prize to the winner. Or can I just ship a prize to you all and you handle it?

Also, is it possible to do the prize drawings live during bonus? Maybe it's just me, but it would be exciting to know if I won right away instead of constantly checking email to see.

SMK has been working on an auto-mailing system so prize donors will be contacted with shipping info on prize winners after the marathon is over. We are aware of the slow response times in the past and are working to make the process more efficient.

Prizes could be shipped to us in the past but there are simply way too many to keep track of nowadays so you will be responsible for shipping your own prizes. Unless that prize is ridiculously cool/expensive, in which case mikwuyma and the staff may make an exception.

Bonus stream is meant for featuring games that would not otherwise be shown during the main marathon. So expect Fighting Masters and Smash, but don't expect perler drawings.
Dapper as fuck.
I do have a Kefka perler I could offer up that I made a couple months ago.  It's a smaller one (24 beads tall, 15 beads wide) so could be for a smaller donation if you wanted to use it.

Stay frosty my friends!
Feel free to submit it, philosoraptor. It will probably be combined with another Final Fantasy-themed prize for the marathon.
Dapper as fuck.
I did, thanks Smiley
bird
Another first time poster and long time GDQ watcher! I just submitted some iron-on patches I recently made:

Also hoping to offer a plushie prize as soon as I make it. Cheesy
Edit history:
Linkinito: 2014-11-15 02:24:23 pm
This is my avatar
I have an officially licensed Nathan Drake scarf (it was given to every Uncharted 3 player at the 2011 Paris Games Week) for the Uncharted run. Here's a pic of it, rolled:

I could also throw in a copy of Uncharted 1.
Hello!

My company's prize got accepted, but I had some questions about which options you guys would like. Is there someone I can contact to speak with about this?
Edit history:
EvenSteven02: 2014-11-18 03:34:32 pm
Stay frosty my friends!
Quote from DesignByHumans:
My company's prize got accepted, but I had some questions about which options you guys would like. Is there someone I can contact to speak with about this?

The best solution right now is to let the prize winner pick a selection. When perusing the website, there was no dedicated "games" section to choose from. "Geek" and "nerd" categories were the closest I could find.
Haters gonna hate
Made two more perlers.

Ristar

Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)

Submitting a couple of perlers for Risky's Revenge:

Edit history:
KingdomNerdia: 2014-11-21 09:11:37 am
KingdomNerdia: 2014-11-21 09:10:06 am
OLV
I did a watercolor painting of Charmander that I'm willing to donate.  It's at my parents' house, so I'll upload a picture after Thanksgiving when I can go get it.
AKA Kokoronis
Thinking about submitting a few art prizes. Might offer up a few art prints (including the unclaimed Terra and Tifa prints from C4L) and one or two new ones, like Majora's Mask, Pokemon, or Kirby. I may also make a few illustration cards. These would be a variety of inked drawings for miscellaneous games. You can see some examples here!