--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2014-09-25 07:45:52 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Note: The spreadsheet is finished, but I need to update the submissions on the gamesdonequick website to reflect the spreadsheet.

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/all

For a spreadsheet without dupes (mostly)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ejuauu9R5W3_dJN97S2SrIAadHWq7EpZcdf2oWDTBRo/pubhtml#

I will admit, I made no effort to make the spreadsheet easier to read because it was mostly for my own purposes. However, all or most of the duped times should be gone from it.

Some notes:

-Yes, I am very close to the 150 hour mark that I want before making the schedule, which is a good thing. I might want it to be slightly lower just to accommodate for the fact I'm inserting setup time in between games instead of part of the estimates.

-For the most part, I made these cuts because there's just not enough space on the schedule for all of the games. For some of the super short games, I cut them because the setup might be longer than the game itself. I did make some exceptions for shorter games that I thought would be really cool. Again, if you want a more specific reason we can talk about it through PM (or irc or skype).

-For people who didn't submit videos with their runs, I need to see some form or proof of practice even if it's webcam video. If I don't see any proof of practice within a couple of weeks, then I might cut the game.

-For races with a ton of potential racers (Goldeneye, DKC2), I have not sorted out who should race yet. Also, for games that have a ton of potential players (Tropical Freeze), I have not sorted out who should run the game yet. I will likely make the deadline sometime in November so I can see who is still practicing by then.

-Speaking of races, Ninja Gaiden will be the relay race this year. It's short, which means less chance of a blowout, and easier to setup than any other relay race. If the Ninja Gaiden relay race is successful, that means we can try out other series in future marathons.

-I'm told that Chaosknight dropped out of Minish Cap, so I'll just take the whoever is willing and good at the game (it did receive submissions from multiple people). I've been told that mitorequiem is good for the game.

Schedule:

I will make the schedule within 2-3 weeks. I want to wait for two reasons.

1. I need a slight break and I'm busy with other marathon-related duties.

2. There might be a couple of drops within those weeks, which will make it easier to schedule.
Thread title:  
So hype for this list. Also hype for 2015. Year of the Whopper. Thanks for accepting me! Looking forward to coming out. Should be an awesome marathon! Now I gotta buy a Burger King suit. Smiley
Edit history:
Radman: 2014-09-25 05:21:04 pm
For Fun! For GLORY!!
FF7 makes its return! Cheesy And all the Kirby goodness! (^.^)
But Prime 1 instead of 2? Aww. Sad

And that's a lot of Sonic Heroes. Possible bid war for scenario? Tongue

Quote from Kefka14:
Now I gotta buy a Burger King suit. Smiley

Show up at my house with Triple Stacker and fries. :3
I know this is for your own purposes, but can/are you going to specify which category is accepted?
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Fire Emblems are in. Good choices crew
My feelings on The Demon Rush
When comment functionality is on the GDQ website I'll insert comments there.
Quote from Gymfreak739:
I know this is for your own purposes, but can/are you going to specify which category is accepted?

I was wondering this too. I assume for marathon sake, the shorter categories are the best assumption though?
Edit history:
Reed: 2014-09-25 05:30:03 pm
@tiburonCS
Super bummed to see Halo 4 got cut; it's a very broken game that even people who dislike the game (like myself) can really appreciate the speedrun. In addition Proace has really good presence while playing, would have liked to see him get in.

That said I understand the time constraints, haven't really looked through the accepts list but I'm sure there's something in there for everyone. F-Zero block hype!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-09-25 05:46:50 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-09-25 05:46:47 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-09-25 05:46:01 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-09-25 05:45:58 pm
kirbymastah: 2014-09-25 05:40:39 pm
<(^_^)>
Mandatory salt

Very disappointed (along with literally everyone else) about superstar saga being rejected, as it's really short (and constantly getting shorter with major route changes and new tricks being found every week), crazy glitchy, and really freaking popular. I'm sure others can (and will) comment about it, and IMO it's literally the #1 run that deserves to make it into AGDQ and has never been done before. To be fair though, because it's constantly being changed, it'd probably be a better run if done in SGDQ2015/AGDQ2016 but (shrugs)

Other than that, great job on the games list. It must be really difficult to put it together. Really looking forward to the sonic block :O

EDIT: Not enough salt guys, come on #Kappa
Uhhhh 10
Definitely agree with Kirbymastah about superstar saga.

Really not a fan of the 2 hour minecraft race, but it brings numbers I guess.
I can't Reach that Brick - Lee 2012
Let the salt begin.
Something something salt about FFT...oh well ESJ HYPE
needs more asrt
Not a walrus
Quote from Gymfreak739:

Don't know if it's true for other runs, but my own submission has the time blank on the "longer" category, but mine was more of a "I can run the faster version if you don't mind me using a powerpak".
Edit history:
LeFrozer: 2014-09-25 06:09:40 pm
Edit: welp, I'm too tired to read the rules
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sad to see MM 100% got cut, but 6 hours is a brutally long run. Very hype for this marathon
This is something i noticed about the submissions under ninja gaiden i see 1-3 is a relay but you left in my Ninja Gaiden III pacifist run so just checking on that Just incase
<(^_^)>
Quote from bangerra:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man I was hoping for lion king too
Wow, really, Minecraft made it through? That's pretty low. I can see the issues with Superstar Saga as a run, but jeez, just comparing these two it's the obvious superior game.
@tiburonCS
Quote from Onin:
Wow, really, Minecraft made it through? That's pretty low. I can see the issues with Superstar Saga as a run, but jeez, just comparing these two it's the obvious superior game.

Random seed by let's players at that. I know there's trying to be a balance between being about the community and about donations, but this is just 2 hours taken away from actual speedruns imo.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Quote:
Very disappointed (along with literally everyone else) about superstar saga being rejected

It seems that every marathon the number of runs I'm really excited for is slowly becoming the minority. It's the same feeling you had in Elementary school when the class president was the most popular kid, not the one who had the most to offer. Best of luck making money and getting viewers!
Strange days, incredible days
I actually think the Minecraft run could be really interesting if done well. Random seed means you have to explore and find the fastest route on the fly, delegate tasks between two players, and improvise a lot. Done solo I think it would be horrible, but with two players, there's more to focus on when one of them is grinding ender pearls or arrows or whatever.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Quote from Gymfreak739:

Don't know if it's true for other runs, but my own submission has the time blank on the "longer" category, but mine was more of a "I can run the faster version if you don't mind me using a powerpak".

After looking, you are correct I think. The category not being done is now blank. I didn't catch that before.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Gymfreak739:

Quote from Kefka14:
Quote from Gymfreak739:

After looking, you are correct I think. The category not being done is now blank. I didn't catch that before.

I'm not sure what you guys mean by blank but there is no indication of selected category yet. That will be going live tonight as part of the comments Mike can supply to runs.