<- 1  -   of 33
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
General Heinz: 2014-09-10 04:54:13 pm
Hey everyone. Very new to the whole GDQ scene in general so I just have a few questions.

I submitted Pokemon Sapphire along with another runner (MarcusTEllis) and we both got waitlisted. That was great to hear, because honestly we were both expecting to get rejected outright, but it's nice to see we have a small chance.

My question is: What exactly does waitlisting mean? I know there are multiple rounds of cuts, so even those runs that were originally accepted might not make it through to the next round, and I had heard something along the lines of the next batch of cuts being announced ~Sept. 21st, but what does this mean for games that are on the waitlist? Is it is a situation where you make a tentative schedule, see which runners drop out, then fill in waitlisted titles accordingly? My concern is that if I find out too late that Sapphire is eligible to be substituted into the marathon I may not be able to request time off to attend.

I am also wondering what the policy is in our case, where two runners are waitlisted. How is it determined which one runs? Availability? For example, it would be relatively easy drive to DC for me (I live in Michigan), whereas Marcus currently goes to school in Miami. Thus, if he gets accepted and I don't, but he can't attend and I can, then Sapphire can't be represented at all. Ideally we would both be able to attend, but it's still of course very tentative.

Anyway, maybe my questions are a bit disorganized but I hope that all makes sense.
Edit history:
jymotion: 2014-09-10 06:47:48 pm
Quote from General Heinz:
What exactly does waitlisting mean?

Quote from mikwuyma:
Waitlisted: This is kind of like Halo 2 from last AGDQ, and various games at SGDQ. The game might not be accepted right now, but if there are drops (and they always happen), then there's a chance this game can make it on the schedule.

Quote from General Heinz:
I am also wondering what the policy is in our case, where two runners are waitlisted. How is it determined which one runs?

decisions like that are made by mike & crew. could be who has the better time, better commentary. if it's good for a race or not. absences and replacements are probably a case-by-case basis thing. considering both of you got through, I'm guessing you're both competent enough to run it and whoever can make it can run it. that happened with system shock 2 last year, i think.

im not staff or anything so don't quote me on that stuff, but generally you should just wait and see what the final schedule looks like.
awesome. sounds pretty reasonable Smiley thanks!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
jymotion summed it up well.  There are also some games that I don't want as races (generally first-time appearances or longer games such as rpgs), and in that case I generally want the best runner.

I also included some games there that didn't make it in first cut but might be good to add if there are more drops.
answer to gauntlet question would be nice
Terraffirmative!
First off, its already been made clear that you should take questions regarding rejections to PMs. Second, you never actually asked a question regarding gauntlet, you said you had one but didnt actually ask. Stop spamming the thread about it.
Any news on when we can update our submission video?

Reason I ask is because 2nd cuts are getting closer, I got a new PB, and I deleted my old PB video from youtube and twitch, completely forgetting I'd posted it with my submission. So my attached video is now a dead link.

I don't mean to rush/stress any of you out, I'm sure you've all got real life to tend to Cheesy just wondering how the development is going.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from RabidJellyfish:

Reason I ask is because 2nd cuts are getting closer, I got a new PB, and I deleted my old PB video from youtube and twitch, completely forgetting I'd posted it with my submission. So my attached video is now a dead link.

I don't mean to rush/stress any of you out, I'm sure you've all got real life to tend to Cheesy just wondering how the development is going.

It's getting close but I've spent the past few days really sick. Only now slowly recovering. Again, the real final deadline is before the 23rd.
Quote from Cool Matty:

It's getting close but I've spent the past few days really sick. Only now slowly recovering. Again, the real final deadline is before the 23rd.

Ah, ok. Feel better man
Just wanted to give an update on this. I have been working on second round, and it will likely be ready by Wednesday or Thursday this week. I'll announce a date when I can confirm for sure.
Uwee Hee Hee
In the submission tab, it says,

"Later this week, you will be able to edit your run's video, arrival/departure time, or withdraw your submissions."

Was wondering if that's something we can do before 2nd round of cuts. I kind of want to update my submission video since it currently links to a playlist of strat videos instead of a full run, which doesn't really show that I've been working on the game since submitting.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Vykan12:
In the submission tab, it says,

"Later this week, you will be able to edit your run's video, arrival/departure time, or withdraw your submissions."

Was wondering if that's something we can do before 2nd round of cuts. I kind of want to update my submission video since it currently links to a playlist of strat videos instead of a full run, which doesn't really show that I've been working on the game since submitting.

Quote from Cool Matty:

Here is a video of the longer category for Sneak King. Just for reference! Smiley

http://www.twitch.tv/kefka14/c/5156293
so my game has 2 categories and is being considered for both as far as i can tell its Ninja gaiden II i know that the Ninja gaiden series is being considered as a relay race and I'm pretty sure just for marathon purposes i should probably always have the other category in mind just incase something happens and we don't have enough runners or something and I'm wondering if there will be a way to put in a video for both categories or is there one category i should prioritize over the other
On the page which lists all submissions:
http://gamesdonequick.com/submission/all
I see that Taz-mania by Jape got accepted (yay!) but it seems to be linked to the wrong video, namely this one:

which is a movie of someone scaring his wife, not Taz-mania Smiley
I'm pretty sure he linked the video he intended to link.
I considered the possibility that it was a joke, but when I googled Jape and Taz-mania he seemed to be legitimately speed running it, so...

Well, feel free to ignore or delete the post.
He is legitimately running it. The video is a joke. (I can't believe I'm explaining a joke)
Thread locked because round 2 is up.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/agdq_2015_game_submissions_round_2.html