Kiyura: 2014-01-09 03:49:29 pm
Kiyura: 2014-01-09 10:50:46 am
Kiyura: 2014-01-05 04:07:24 pm
Kiyura: 2014-01-05 04:04:50 pm
Kiyura: 2013-12-29 07:51:51 pm
Wiiaboo
Schedule by day
Schedule by person

Here is the tentative volunteer schedule for AGDQ. Sorry about the delay - it took a bit more time to pull together than I had anticipated. I'm sure I have made some mistakes, so feel free to tell me if a time doesn't work for you for any reason and we'll work it out. In fact, if you signed up, please take the time to look through the schedule and carefully think about what events you want to attend at the marathon, games you want to watch, sleep schedule, times you're arriving and leaving, etc., just so we can make sure we have things all aligned before the 5th. Also, some people seem to have been confused about the difference between "donation station," which is processing donations, and "host," which is reading donations. I've renamed the donation station role to "admin" on this schedule to try to clear that up. If you signed up for one role and meant to sign up for the other, let me know and we can try to fit you in.

A huge thanks to everyone generously donating their time to make this marathon possible! You'll be filling roles every bit as important as the runners themselves, and you'll have a lot of fun doing it.

I was actually surprised by the turnout - So many people signed up to volunteer that we're able to put most people in 1-2 shifts of just a few hours per role, so I don't think anyone will be overworked this time around.
Thread title:  
Just a guy
So to be clear - admin is sitting at the computer silently doing your job, correct? And then host is sitting there reading the donations and promoting and everything else we're supposed to say? If that's the case, then I'm really happy with the slots I got! Cheesy
Ohh hey, you actually fit me on the schedule even though I only signed up for it like two days ago. Neat. Tongue
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
I'm really happy with the slots I got! Cheesy

So much this! I got incredible slots with some of my favourite games, couldnt be any better.

Also huge shoutouts to Kiyura for putting that much work into these schedules and trying to accommodate everyones wishes.
Just a guy
Seriously, everyone I've talked to about this so far is pretty happy with it. I aint even mad I have two graveyards the slots are gunna be so good.
Great job Kiyura.

2 nightshifts in a row will be fine for me. Will there be a printed schedule on-site aswell?
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Kiyura, I thought Mike would've told you, but I'm not gonna make it to AGDQ, so you'll have to take me off. :\
Edit history:
ikkeserv: 2013-12-24 04:34:59 pm
I could take Radman's Admin slot on Fri 10th
Looks good to me.  Nice job putting the schedule together.
Edit history:
ButtersBB: 2013-12-24 04:59:44 pm
Quote from ikkeserv:
I could take Radman's Admin slot on Fri 10th

And I could take his host spot if you so desire, Kiyura.
Not a walrus
One small issue: My Deus Ex Run is about 5-ish on Monday, so somebody will have to take the tail end of my shift on the tech station with the way the schedule is currently laid out.

I'm fine with my placement other than that.
Just a guy
I'm assuming we'll be debriefed on how to use everything there once we're at the hotel?
Quote from DrCoolGuy:
I'm assuming we'll be debriefed on how to use everything there once we're at the hotel?

I guess we will, cause Kiyura posted this in the volunteer sign up thread (although that was one and a half months ago):

Quote from Kiyura:
The only thing volunteers will be required to do is to go through a brief orientation for their role before performing it. We will try to get that done for most volunteers a few hours before the marathon starts, but if anyone arrives after that then we'll have to do them individually.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yes, there will be a debrief.
I'm incredibly excited about my host slot.  I didn't think I could get more hype, but I was proven wrong!
Claimh Happy
If people need to dump admin slots, I can take over anything that isn't 1/9 (thursday) after 18:00. I can also pick up tech slots if needed, same availability.
Wiiaboo
Quote from ikkeserv:
Great job Kiyura.

2 nightshifts in a row will be fine for me. Will there be a printed schedule on-site aswell?

Yes, there will be, and I'll also have it up on my laptop which I basically always have on me. I'll be telling everyone when we get there, but if you need to flex your schedule during the marathon, that will be fine, just gotta let me know.

Quote from Radman:
Kiyura, I thought Mike would've told you, but I'm not gonna make it to AGDQ, so you'll have to take me off. :\

Sorry about that, if he told me then I must have forgotten. Looks like we have most of your slots covered now though, so no problem! If no one else is available for the Wednesday graveyard I'll take it. (Marche, I forgot if you're okay with graveyard, can you take that slot?)

I will publish updated versions of the schedule at some point, but not for every little change like this. I'll see if I can get a dynamic version of it up.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
One small issue: My Deus Ex Run is about 5-ish on Monday, so somebody will have to take the tail end of my shift on the tech station with the way the schedule is currently laid out.

I'm fine with my placement other than that.

I'll swap yours and Raelcun's shift that day so that you're two hours earlier. I scheduled you for so much because I assumed you would be around quite a bit anyway. I hoped that by explicitly scheduling you, you wouldn't feel obligated for the rest of the time. Get some freaking sleep!
Feudal Family Lord
I'm looking forward to being in  astate of mind where 3am is, like, my afternoon ... by saturday
Claimh Happy
Graveyard is perfectly fine.
Feudal Family Lord
oh boy, do i know it
Just a guy
If anything, graveyard sounds more fun. No pressure, more chill, everything will be... goooooood.
Wiiaboo
Quote from Marche_Fighter_Paladin:
Graveyard is perfectly fine.

Awesome! That takes care of Radman's slots.

Quote from DrCoolGuy:
If anything, graveyard sounds more fun. No pressure, more chill, everything will be... goooooood.

Yeah pretty much. It's like a different marathon at night, where everyone knows each other and has crazy chill fun.
waifus are laifu
Wow, host during Wind Waker HD? I'm shocked and almost flattered.

And we've been pretty good about keeping on schedule so I have no problem with doing admin right after my couch commentary slot on Monday!
Wiiaboo
Quote from kariohki:
Wow, host during Wind Waker HD? I'm shocked and almost flattered.

And we've been pretty good about keeping on schedule so I have no problem with doing admin right after my couch commentary slot on Monday!

Whoops! Even if it would work out, it's best to avoid having two time slots in a row with no buffer. I've switched you with Rudyxx's admin shift immediately after that one.
waifus are laifu
Quote from Kiyura:
Whoops! Even if it would work out, it's best to avoid having two time slots in a row with no buffer. I've switched you with Rudyxx's admin shift immediately after that one.

No problem! Haha, Rudyxx and I are staying in the same MAGFest room too...