List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-12-04 04:15:47 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-10-17 01:15:59 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Schedule: http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

First off, I think I followed all of the considerations in this thread: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/schedule_considerations_for_agdq_2014.html

Also, I think every single game is on the schedule, but if I forgot one, then please inform me.

I think Raelcun requested a console column on the schedule, and I thought it was a good idea, so I added it on the right so people know what console is being used for a game. I have most of the games covered, but there's a couple I'm not sure which console is being used. I also put where the bonus games could potentially be in that column.

I think I did a pretty good job with the schedule, but there's some stuff that definitely sticks out.

-Scheduling the graveyard shifts was the hardest because none of the games (except for the awful ones) deserved to be in that shift.
-Twilight Princess is in that time slot because it was featured prominently in SGDQ, and I need something to fill up graveyard shift.
-I know Rescue Rangers is out of place where it is, but Sinister1 isn't coming until the 8th.
-Thursday has a ton of PC games, which means they all need to be prepped in advance.
-Paper Mario is in a bad time slot, but I'm not too sure where else I could put it. It does have the advantage of being sandwiched in some really big games and it's Saturday, but it's still during graveyard shift.
Thread title:  
You were 5 minutes late, I can't trust your schedule making skills.

*runs*
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2013-10-17 01:51:50 pm
Worthless categories WR master
Looks like I'd be running on the final day probably, this will be pretty hype!

Well after fully reviewing it, I realize how the last 36 hours will be ridiculously good. Punch out? Majora's Mask? Ocarina of Time? Goldeneye? Perfect Dark? Paper Mario? Super Mario Galaxy 2? Super Mario 64? Wind Waker? Yes please, yes please, yes please, yes please... And the games I didn't include are the metroids (which I'd still like to see but I haven't played them), Vice City (same) and Minecraft (which I run) will most probably be there as well. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Schedule is obviosuly faulty. I won't be able to stay up for everything. Please redo.

TAS block hype <3.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Huh. I thought you would have the NES DuckTales first, and then Remastered. Oh well, off to practice. Tongue
You should change my name from 'ineb_tfm' to 'andy' since that's my twitch name now Smiley
Same as andy, my twitch name is Geoff now, not thefearowoftime(even tho everything else is lol)
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
This line up is so good, it's disgusting. AGDQ: Insomniacs Unite
<(^_^)>
Wooo, all three metroid games are in the same block!
Schedule looks good, can't wait.

freakin checkers!!!
Not a walrus
No complaints here.

At some point we need to work out the tech station schedule, though (as in, who's running it).
I know kiyura wanted to at least make the host schedule. But yeah, we'll need to start enlisting people tech and other volunteer duties soon. I'll probably make sign-ups in november.
Phoenix
So much hype. I'm glad to see Wind Waker getting another chance.

Mike did you put Barkley after TP on purpose because of tehurn.com/tp ?
Quote from mikwuyma:
-Paper Mario is in a bad time slot, but I'm not too sure where else I could put it. It does have the advantage of being sandwiched in some really big games and it's Saturday, but it's still during graveyard shift.

Although obviously I'd definitely prefer to be a bit later in the day than 5 AM, it's not a huge deal. I'm really happy about my spot on the schedule, as I honestly was not expecting to be on the last day.

The problem is that every other game near me is a good watch as well so I'm not sure what could be switched around; really the only thing that is possible would be at the end of that small Mario block instead of at the beginning, but then either Yoshifan or Peaches will be in the same situation.

That being said if you decide to switch something to get my run later that's even better, but if not I won't have hurt feelings or something.

Also just to confirm: I will be playing on Wii VC.
Schedule looks great to me. Getting me all the more hype for AGDQ.
IS This Greenich Time?sry for the question im new in speedrunning.
Worthless categories WR master
no that is EST, or GMT -5. Add 5 hours for GMT.
Mike, can you add in donation incentives for secret map 32 "Go 2 it" + "Grab both keys" incentive for map 12 hunted (Archvile-Maze) for Final Doom

Thanks! Also, the time again should be approximately 50-55 minutes max at the worst for my run unless something exceptionally bad goes wrong. Reason
im asking again is because I noticed Kubel's estimates for doom 1 and doom 2 were about 40 minutes each. So my 1:15:00 incentive is prob about 15 minutes
too long imo.
Now I'll feel better about working on perlers for games I know that will be in. Awesome job with the scheduling, and good luck to those participating in their practices and stuff.
Excellent job on the schedule, Mike.  I'm looking forward to a week's worth of lost sleep now.
Based Source block.
Looks like a really good schedule. Props to splitting up the classic mega mans and the X's / Zeros, I would have suggested it if you didn't because that's a bit too much mega man to do it all straight through. Tough but fair decisions I feel like all around.
Quick question - at what point will we be looking to formalize donation incentives?
Likes SoM far too much
Quote from StingerPA:
Excellent job on the schedule, Mike.  I'm looking forward to a week's worth of lost sleep now.

I'd say take a power nap, but I wouldn't know where to take one.
Thanks for good responses.

Hitaka: No, I never even knew about that tehurn.

Anatomyz: Yeah I felt Paper Mario deserved later in the marathon, and I couldn't find another timeslot for it to cover. I'm glad you're taking it well

Dime: Noted, I'll reduce the time to 1:05:00, but setup is still a thing.

thadarkman78: Yeah, that would have been too much Mega Man at once, and X/Zero games are different enough from the classic games to be separated.