<- 1  -   of 28
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
5. Rondo of Blood: You are aware you'll have to stick with Richter-only, right?

Yep, but that's what I did at SGDQ 2012, just with Dracula X Chronicles.

Quote:
4. Haunted Castle: This game is bad and Simon walks with a stick up his butt, but I don't know about AwfulGDQ material.

Oh trust me, this is "beautiful" AwfulGDQ material.  Here's a run by funkdoc to show you.

[setz]
It's not my call, but If you're going to want to race Rondo with me, I'd suggest getting, at the very least, a PB of sub-22:30 SDA timing (~23m RTA timing). Once I get back to speed on it, I rarely have a deathless run go over that time.

I've seen sub-par races of games (a metroid title comes to mind) that really detracted from the show, and I'd hate to see that happen to a game I've put so much into. I'm already leaning towards really not wanting a race with how high of a risk death is and how much time you can lose to RNG. That said if you can get competitive, and mike wants it, I'd be up for a race.

Also I highly recommend Haunted Castle for Awful Games. I hate that game, and I love it. Super Mario Land 2 races are also way more exciting than they should be - Controllerhead and Laplacier would be a great race for anyone familiar with the rivalry that was going on.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from splixel:
It's not my call, but If you're going to want to race Rondo with me, I'd suggest getting, at the very least, a PB of sub-22:30 SDA timing (~23m RTA timing). Once I get back to speed on it, I rarely have a deathless run go over that time.

I've seen sub-par races of games (a metroid title comes to mind) that really detracted from the show, and I'd hate to see that happen to a game I've put so much into. I'm already leaning towards really not wanting a race with how high of a risk death is and how much time you can lose to RNG. That said if you can get competitive, and mike wants it, I'd be up for a race.

Also I highly recommend Haunted Castle for Awful Games. I hate that game, and I love it. Super Mario Land 2 races are also way more exciting than they should be - Controllerhead and Laplacier would be a great race for anyone familiar with the rivalry that was going on.

If I am not getting anywhere near your time before the marathon, I'll drop it. But since I'm just relearning the game and I've got 4 months, I should be able to do it. Thanks for the rough goal time. That'll give me something to shoot for. Is that taking the route through non-alternate route, or the low% route (Stage 2' Oarsman for instance?)
[setz]
It's the low% route, done from a fresh file (so stage 0 and the post-ghost ship cutscene are played).
Fucking Weeaboo
That's what I kind figured. I'm familiar with the route from doing practice for SGDQ 2012, but I know it'll take a little adjusting to the RoB physics. I'll get it though.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Laplacier: I know Controllerhead gets a lot of viewers for playing SML2, so I decided to add it as a bonus game (i.e. it gets donated in)

Zwataketa: You didn't pay very good attention to the rules and I already rejected the Spongebob games.

Mewyabe: I'm going to have to consult with people about this, because I know Mechwarrior games were pretty popular back in the day, but I don't know what people think of them today.

Adam AK:

GTA: VC: Yeah this game had good reception at SGDQ so all missions is likely worth trying at AGDQ.

Ninja Gaiden: This might be worth considering because it's a fast-paced version of an established game series.

Sonic Chaos: No this is one of the weaker Sonic games. Not really awful but not really great either.

Amnesa: A Machine for Pigs: It's not out yet and we have no idea how long the game will be, even if it is broken (which is still an if, even though it uses the same engine as the first game).

PSO: Now we have AGDQ and SGDQ covered until 2017, awesome!

jc583: You're down for a race.

Ryason55: Ehhh, I'm really not sure about this game. We have a lot of FPS offerings and they're really strong. I'll check around a bit.

footbigmike: So there definitely seems to be some new tricks since 2012, and some of them are definitely impressive, but they're also of the same variety (bomb bouncing).

droogie:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Maybe? I'll put this on the list for consideration.

Metal Gear Solid 3: This was done Foxhound last AGDQ and that's hard to top. I'd say this game could use a break.

Silent Hill 2: Even with higher brightness. I think this game is too slow-paced and the horror/action part doesn't really translate to viewers.

AceBentura: I'm sure you can do better than the any% run, but New Super Mario Bros. . I do think they're worth considering for a future marathon, but not right now.

PEACHES_:

Doom 64: I don't know why we'd want to go down a difficulty after the hardest difficulty has been run at AGDQ.

Blast Corps: Noted.

Super Mario 64 one-handed: Yeah this might be a fun watch. Added to the list.

Typing of the Dead: This game is funny and it hasn't been done in a while. It also helps that every play experience is different.

Prayerwarriors: A.O.F.G.: This game is hilarious and very yes.

Madtaz64: BK: Nuts & Bolts is a no. Too many people hate the game because both Tooie and Kazooie are so well-respected and this game isn't a whole lot like them.

Bananaboat:

Alien 3: Great game but too obscure.

Adventures of Cookie and Cream: Definitely a good game that is fun to play, but it's too obscure.

halfbakedprophet:

DKC2: I'll have to see because a ton of people have offered already and I have to check and see who would be the best for racing.

Ecco: Yeah worth considering.

Kolibri: Neat concept, but like you said, too obscure.

Kuribon: Later.

Sir VG: I agree with setz/splixel on Rondo. I'm not too hyped on a race because it's easy to lose a lot of time and we have a lot of races already. Also, you'll have to improve to get a PB around what setz said before I'll consider.

Okay about Haunted Castle, it could qualify for AwfulGDQ, but the real question is can you get your run down to the same level as Josh? While you don't need to match his record, I'd want a PB of at least 12:45 or below and some good consistency.
StarSong Hype
Sounds good. Thanks for the consideration of SML2!
Edit history:
Mr. K: 2013-08-25 08:46:38 pm
Mr. K: 2013-08-25 08:43:19 pm
Yes
Twitch Page:  http://twitch.tv/mister___k

Batman Returns SNES 35:00 Mania Difficulty
A broken beat em’ up that’s fun to watch and commentate.  It features cheap infinites, endless regrabs, and speedstanding.

Contra III 30:00  All drops/Pacifist on Normal/NES Controller mode
All drops - Must pick up and use every weapon.  Donation incentives for flame on stage 4 boss, pacifist on heart and flame psycho mode.
NES Controller - I play with an NES controller and use a separate controller for the Y button
Normal pacifist - offering, will drop if it proves to be impossible

Contra Force 20:00 Any %
This beautiful disaster has infinite jumping, ceiling clipping, and a screw attack that eerily resembles Metroid.  It features a cohesive plot, 90's fashion and a guy named Beans.

Super C Any % / Low % Co-Op
Co-Op with Heidman.  New glitches, manipulations, syncs, suicides, and live stealing breathe new life into this category.  We can do either any % or low %.

Mystery Game - 20:00 Huh?
It's a secret to everybody.  I'd like to suggest this as a bonus game to see if people are willing to donate in to find out what I've cooked up.  This year it's going to be something interesting.

Edit: Fixed screw attack reference.
Quote from Mr. K:
and a screw attack that predates Super Metroid.

Uh... I know of another Screw Attack that predates super metroid. It is called Metroid NES.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Mr. K:
Mystery Game - 20:00 Huh?
It's a secret to everybody.  I'd like to suggest this as a bonus game to see if people are willing to donate in to find out what I've cooked up.  This year it's going to be something interesting.

If it is what I think it is, then oh man...
Willing to teach you the impossible
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/heidrage
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/heidmand

I have my armor on and ready to be shot down.

1: (NES) Contra Coop with DK28 (15:00) - donations for any% or low% as well as J version for amazing background effects (we could also do Contra 2600 mode). We can make it happen really easily. 

2: (NES) Super C Coop with Mayor K (18:00) - Official challenge to a race to show why we attend the Contra Conference. We are elite, we will crush any opposition, we are Contra. Knowing Duckfist, I am sure he chose his partner with care and they will show of for an intense alien war.

3: (XBLA Indy) Super Ninja Warrior Extreme (10:00) - Fast pace platformer that honestly just looks cool. Indy games do come with the "hard" mentality and could be fun to show off. Honestly due to it not being a huge title, I can see this being an bonus game/last minute time filler more than a solid holding spot. Here is my run I submitted not to long ago

4: (SNES) Mystical Ninja (30:00) - Donations for character. This will be done on the J version. This game has some hot commentary with all the new fun stuff that has been found as of late.

5: (XBLA) Double Dragon: WoD (1 hour) - As much as you hate it mike, you know how much fun this game can be in a marathon setting. Yes, that is my pitch. oh the fun commentary that can come from this

Shout out: If you dont put in Zallard's Star Fox 64 point run, I will be sure you have a nightmare experience at agdq and you will not get any sleep. Your tires will be slashed, your stuff will go missing, and you will be banned from SDA. ♥ mike thumbsup
may use a few too many Kappas
Okay, the logistics I thought I had worked out to get me away to AGDQ are no longer going to work. I'm out. I hope you guys get to see unusualcook absolutely wreck Pokémon Puzzle Challenge. It is well worth the watch.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Heidrage:
Shout out: If you dont put in Zallard's Star Fox 64 point run, I will be sure you have a nightmare experience at agdq and you will not get any sleep. Your tires will be slashed, your stuff will go missing, and you will be banned from SDA. ♥ mike thumbsup

Hahaha, you better watch out Mike; I think Heidman is serious Tongue
Haters gonna hate
It's 11 PM EDT, it's over.  New suggestions no longer being taken.  Mike will respond to this last batch, and then we'll whittle it down from there.  Thanks to everybody who suggested something, the response was quite something.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-08-26 02:29:51 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Thanks for closing the topic Breakdown. I will be going over what is happening now and roughly when second round is coming in a separate post.

And the last two.

Mr. K:

Batman Returns: Great game but popularity hasn't held up over the years (I remember this game getting a perfect rating in Gamepro when it was released). Also, the infinites can make the beat 'em up sections a little bit tedious.

Contra III: Hmmmmmm, I'll consider this. I don't know if I want to stretch it out one more year or give it a break. Added for now.

Contra Force: A beautful disaster indeed. Added.

Super C: Yeah a lot has happened with co-op in a year. Added.

Mystery Game: Sure, let's try it.

Heidrage:

Contra co-op: You're in.

Super C co-op: You're in.

Super Ninja Warrior Extreme: Too obscure.

Mystical Ninja: We already have a co-op run on the list for this, I don't see much room for a single-player run.

Double Dragon: WoD: You are wrong, this game is painful. nonononononono