<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Balls jerky
If ET is a bonus game I'll donate so hard. Cheesy If it gets in we could even have a little bit of fun with it. Get someone who has never played it before to try it out. Most likely they'd walk around slowly then fall in a pit and not be able to get out. Then this is how you speedrun Kappa. ET flies around the screen and beats the game in one minute. I'd laugh
Literally speaking... literally...
I highly second having a TAS demonstration block for showing another face of speed running to viewers. You could even have the timer run backwards for once to show how accurate these are.
Quote from mikwuyma:
ChibiTamashi: Minesweeper 99 minutes - Yeah but does that translate on stream? Also you would be making moves so fast that you can't possibly explain them all. Obviously minesweeper is popular, but I'm not so sure as a game, maybe as a bonus game?

I wouldn't explain everything, because not everything needs explaining. And some explanations are literally as short a sequence of numbers and marking the mines, as some things are always constant.

I just happened to do a demo of an intermediate board while streaming today. My commentary for an advanced board would be somewhat like this, but only 2 minutes, and less hand-holdy so there's more time for playing. This is just a demonstration.
Quote from Onin:
It's still an FPS. It's also a pretty weak marathon showing with no good donation incentives and potentially marathon unsafe (though Slayer's consistency has impressed me a lot).

I just disagreed with the reason. I'd like to see a Stalker game at AGDQ, but I guess it's not popular enough in America.

Quote from ChibiTamashi:
Quote from mikwuyma:
ChibiTamashi: Minesweeper 99 minutes - Yeah but does that translate on stream? Also you would be making moves so fast that you can't possibly explain them all. Obviously minesweeper is popular, but I'm not so sure as a game, maybe as a bonus game?
I wouldn't explain everything, because not everything needs explaining. And some explanations are literally as short a sequence of numbers and marking the mines, as some things are always constant.

I just happened to do a demo of an intermediate board while streaming today. My commentary for an advanced board would be somewhat like this, but only 2 minutes, and less hand-holdy so there's more time for playing. This is just a demonstration.

Sorry to be mean, but a top 100 player would play about three times faster than you. If Minesweeper was played I think it should be multiple games or an extremely big board on expert density (Minesweeper X allows you to fill the entire screen), because while it is very impressive, it is also very short.
A top 100 player would clear that board in <20 seconds, but that's not the point. Anyone can watch a board being cleared insanely fast and be impressed, but it's nicer to know at least some of what's going on. Relating some of the strats is the point, and yes, that's going to take time, hence 5 minutes for 99 mines instead of 35 seconds like a top 100 player.

Collaborative clearing of a full screen minesweeper X sounds cool, too, as do other, multiple board categories (which there are a lot). 99 is what I'm offering, because people always want to see "hard mode," but I'm flexible. Mike's right though, without commentary, there's not much to sell for minesweeper.
Quote:
Sonic Unleashed: Okay, it has good glitches and breaks. I think it's worth considering for a future marathon, but 3d Sonic didn't do so hot last AGDQ and I think it's good if they took a breather.

So there's going to be one 3D sonic game so far, and it's gonna be Sonic R, which is in awful games done quick. :/. I just don't see why you are taking out every 3D possibility just because it didn't do amazing last year. At least consider the Day Stages category. It's only an hour long, and you can add in another donation incentive to add Eggmanland into the run.
Edit history:
Countneko: 2013-08-22 09:35:02 am
Quote from dwangoAC:
Gradius (Tool-Assisted Speedrun using NESBot) [10:52.35 + 5 minutes setup]: This Tool-Assisted Speedrun was carefully crafted by Adelikat to take this simplistic autoscroller and turn it into art and has since been verified on an original NES console.  I will handle setting up the hardware and Adelikat can provide commentary on the run.

Yes! This please! I love this TAS, it deserves a spot on the marathon for certain. I guarantee it won't be a disappointment for the viewers.
Is PJ
I've been waiting for a live Gradius demo since DarkKobald first pitched the NESBot for SGDQ.  Yes please.
Quote from blubbler:
Quote from Onin:
It's still an FPS. It's also a pretty weak marathon showing with no good donation incentives and potentially marathon unsafe (though Slayer's consistency has impressed me a lot).

I just disagreed with the reason. I'd like to see a Stalker game at AGDQ, but I guess it's not popular enough in America.
I'd love to see a single-segment Clear Sky run using my route, but that's never gonna happen Cheesy
You can remove me from Mario Kart 64. Dntn is the world record holder and is definitely the best at that category. He deserves to run it! Smiley
Just want to clarify a couple things for Bastion

Vulajin has spoken to me and has said to me he'd rather I run in instead of him

The estimate should be 25 minutes (for NG+ Any%) Not 40. (1:00:00 for NG ASL but I think you wanted NG+ Any%)

Cheers, and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this Smiley
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2013-08-22 11:38:14 am
Worthless categories WR master
Quote from dwangoAC:
Super Mario 64 (0-Star Tool-Assisted Speedrun using a modified N64Bot):  A few people in #tasvideos have offered to provide commentary during the run.

I am just curious as to how will they be able to find any room for explanation in such a broken, fast paced run. It would require so much explanation, and you would kind of also want to not talk too much during the actual run to let people watch it. I'm definitely 100% in for a showcase of this TAS myself, don't get me wrong, I am just curious about how the commentary will work out.

Sorry if this clutters the thread.

Gradius TAS hype. This run is pure awe.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
DwangoAC: I just put in 30 minutes for a TAS block and we can figure out logistics and setup later.

Okay Cereth, adjusted.

Also, people are probably wondering why I'm cutting off the games suggestions so early.

1. Most people who have wanted to propose games already have.

2. There was ample time to prepare between the two weeks people had to prepare their games post, and the 8 days they have/had to propose games.

3. (This is the most important one) We started the games topic a lot later than last year and as a result, we're on a compressed schedule.

Okay now I'm really going out to the beach, see you guys later. Smiley
Claimh Happy
The only time SM64 moves that fast is during a blj, and there are enough of those to explain what's happening. There isn't really anything else that would be hard to explain before it's over. Honestly ferbot or myself or whoever was considering commentating on SM64 in the marathon (if it ends up happening?) wouldn't have much trouble commentating on the TAS, too.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Shame there is not a lot of Indy love...
Edit history:
KageSan: 2013-08-23 01:02:32 pm
Stream: www.twitch.tv/kage_speed_runs

1. Clash at Demonhead - I think this will be a great game to run mainly for the fact that its never been run at agdq before. Its fast paced and fun and generally entertaining to watch. (the plot is hilarious). Estimate = 45 minutes. I think im the only one who runs this??

2. Blindfolded Battletoads Turbo Tunnel - Thought it might be fun to crush the level that gave people so much suffering as kids blindfolded. The entire thing would take probably 5 minutes.  Mabye as a donation incentive? I also run battletoads but TMR and JC are better than me. Id love to race with them if possible though.
Quote from mikwuyma:
SlayerOfBabies:

Monster Hunter Freedom 2: I watched some parts of the run and it looked really boring (lots of menus and walking from point to point), and I consulted with some people, including some Monster Hunter fans and they agreed it was boring.

Fallout: New Vegas: I rejected Fallout 3 and that has more glitches and breaks than this game. No.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat: We have a ton of strong FPS offerings.

Monster Hunter's a lot better with multi person commentary, I just don't have any videos of it, but I accept your decision.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat has gigantic sequence breaks, and is more of a running simulator than an FPS at this point, I didn't expect it to get accepted though.
If you like I can make a better pitch for Crystal.
Would love to be apart of AGDQ and make a difference but believe the 151 run has to make it (donation incentives, awesome run).

For Crystal:
Donation incentives:
Donation War for Boy or Girl as character
Character, Rival, Totodile, Cutter, Poliwag names.
This worked well in my Gold marathon run where I brought up a donation war for watch or skip credits after the Elite Four in Johto.
Crystal is a great run, great watch and many people's favorite pokemon game growing up.

Thanks Mike
Edit history:
EpiclyEpic: 2013-08-22 05:59:17 pm
Stream:twitch.tv/Epicly_Epic

1.Super Metroid 100%-Just offering as this is my main category for this game. I know 100% was done for SGDQ so another category would probably be more appreciated.

*I don't actually run any of these games yet, but if theres any interest in getting them in the marathon I will start learning them asap. Also, these are pretty short games so it shouldn't be too hard to learn them and get within 5 mins or so of the best times that ive found.

*2.Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse(SNES) - Best Time I have found for this is the 16:56 here on SDA. I have a lot of interest in this game and will try it out regardless.
Estimate:~25:00

*3.Evoland(PC) - any% - Best Time i've found is 35:05. A cool little RPG about the evolution of the genre. You go from LoZ type gameplay, to Final Fantasy, to Diablo. You can also have donation incentives for names.
Estimate:~45:00

Some other games I am considering learning, but am not sure if they would be good enough to offer for the marathon. If there is any interest I can always elaborate on times and stuff later.
-Animaniacs(Snes), Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Pacman World 2, Lost Kingdoms(I know this was offered earlier), Aladdin(Snes), Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex.
Edit history:
atmuh: 2013-08-22 10:07:59 pm
stream twitch.tv/atmuh

1. Mega Man X3 any% - I'd like to race zewing in this. In his words I'm the most qualified person for him to race. It's the only game I play so the only one I'll be offering. [my pb is 42:35 - still working on it too]
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-08-23 12:41:37 am
EnkiRaiki: 2013-08-23 12:05:41 am
Edit: You are not mitch, do not offer stuff for him.
Claimh Happy
Please do not offer games on behalf of someone else. If they want to participate and help out, they can come here on their own and offer their games.
Fucking Weeaboo
My Twitch Page: http://www.twitch.tv/sir_vg

Games I'm offering:

1. Final Fantasy III. This it Famicom version, not the Super NES version which is VI. This will be a glitched run that will BLOW PEOPLE'S MINDS. The glitch is marathon safe. Bonus donation for PIANO FLEX. Estimated time: 0:20.
2. Pokemon Green. This is a glitched run just like the one on the site. I know werster talked about doing a race on this, though it'll probably take longer to set up the race than to do the race itself. Estimated time: 0:15 (Allowing a little buffer in case the game locks, though it doesn't happen often.)
3. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth. I know you rejected this earlier when Satoryu offered it, but I would like to contest your reasoning. The game is a very solid classic Castlevania game, probably more so than the original. Great aesthetics and music, plus some awesome damage boosts on Normal (Hard will NOT be offered, as it jacks the difficulty to IWBTG levels). This would be an excellent race. Donation goal for Normal over Easy. Estimate time: 0:30.
4. Haunted Castle. This would be for the Super Awful Games Done Quick block. This is the Zelda CDi of Castlevania games, but not a lot of people have seen it in action. Funkdoc can attest to how awesome bad it is. My new disc works fine, so it won't run like the rejected SDA submission. Estimate time: 0:20.
5. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. While I'm a little out of practice on the original version (I mostly play the remake for Richter runs), would be glad to pick this up to race Setz. Estimate time: 0:30.

FF3 and Pokemon Green I would be fine if they were buy-in games. They should be fun short submissions that I think people would get excited about, main schedule or buy-in.
Edit history:
DK28: 2013-08-23 08:59:49 am
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Yes, I'm late.  Blame the move and Contra Conference. 

No stream, yet...

CONTRA - Any or Low %, see Contra Conference results.  Co-op or Topless for donations.  Tongue  15 minutes.

DOUBLE DRAGON II - Race or Co-op.  If we're still having this at the marathon.  sinister is the better candidate, but maybe to add some non-solo runs?  20 minutes.

ART OF FIGHTING - I know there's Evo love with KOF.  Maybe some nostalgia here?  Also a short run.  15 minutes.

SUPER MARIO KART - More nostalgia, I don't think we've ever had the original.  35 minutes.

THE LEGENDARY AXE - The most classic game for TG16.  Great title that could add some console variety.  35 minutes.
Quote from DK28:
Yes, I'm late.  Blame the move and Contra Conference. 

No stream, yet...

CONTRA - Any or Low %, see Contra Conference results.  Co-op or Topless for donations.  Tongue  12 minutes.

Out of curiosity, co-op with whom?  (Regardless, I'd be hype)