<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon trailer:

There's another equally hilarious video promo for this game, which should be easy to find.  Haven't played it yet, but it's the first time in a long while I've picked up a game solely on the merits of its trailer.
!!! had no idea someone else ran MMNT w/ sub 1:30 time. Understanding why battle network games are already rejected, and granted that there are enough Mega Man games on that block as it is. However, I just want to make sure that it's understood that MMNT is more like the 2d Mega Man titles than the RPG-like titles in the EXE series. The response that was given for MMNT seemed to show that you thought the play styles were very similar.

Anyway, just showing support, although understandable that's it not accepted simply due to how large the block is already.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Wheels: Already rejected Brutal Legend.

Valkyrie:

Honestly, I think the originals are more well-liked than the HD games.

Sc2 any%: I think it's best if we move onto Heart of the Swarm (if you mean Wings of Liberty)

Orange Pledge: That is quite far

Carl Sagan: I trust you, I'll add to the estimate for YI.

Darkwing Duck: No on second quest. Not enough time.

Just_Defend: Yeah I'd have to see some better results.

thadarkman78 and immafatguy: I'll add the original Duck Tales for an old vs. new comparison.

Crash41596:

Ape Escape 2: I don't know how this compares to Ape Escape 3 but it's worth considering. I can only fit in one Ape Escape game.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail: Yeah the post-ps1 spyros aren't too well-liked or well-known. No.

Toy Story 2: This game doesn't really have a lot of speedrunning interest or excitement.

Spyro 3: I'll consider you for the race, but I don't really want this to be a 3-way race.

Gex 3: No like you said, the gex games are pretty much unknown for running and mostly forgotten now.

Surreal: No on Aladdin.

I have no name: The schedule is incredibly crammed as is and maybe I can doujin

hokorippoi: ME1 didn't get a super hot response at AGDQ, and if ME2 has less glitches then I'm not entirely convinced.

Azurinel: It's obscure (I don't feel like the game has really held up in popularity over the years), and it hasn't really picked up a lot of momentum for speedrunning.

RadGuy: 51k viewers said no it's not Tongue

Trekhaak: I'm the cruelest man because I'm denying Elmo. Prepare your rage post.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2013-08-21 12:03:41 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from itsPersonnal:
If I may, I'd like to vouch for BrokenArthritis' run being done at AGDQ

Adding on the fact that sonic unleashed has never been done, and sonic unleashed's day stages are probably the fastest sonic stages ever; the night stages include a lot of cool significant breaks and clips.
Edit history:
Ptorflaxendrosis: 2013-08-21 12:14:08 am
Ptorflaxendrosis: 2013-08-21 12:13:54 am
Quote from itsPersonnal:
If I may, I'd like to vouch for BrokenArthritis' run being done at AGDQ

I know BrokenArthritis has put a lot of effort into this run, and I am certain it is a good run for a marathon. I don't really see why it should be rejected. I would hate to see this much Sonic omitted from a speedrunning marathon.
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2013-08-21 12:29:58 am
Bismuth: 2013-08-21 12:29:34 am
Worthless categories WR master
Sorry for posting again but I think one of the games I pitched was overlooked. I am not blaming you Mike, the format I used was awful, so I am going to redo it properly this time. So...

Hocus Pocus (PC) (episode 1 any%, or shareware%) [22:00 for easy, 25:00 for moderate]: DOS game from 1993 published by Apogee Software. It is a 2D platformer on PC where you control Hocus, a wizard apprentice. The run includes taking unintended paths for faster completion, skipping 2 of the 7 Mad Monks of WellenWah and fighting deadly javelin-throwing eskimos and their murderous penguins. I believe that while it is not the most popular game, it would be a great game to slide in if there is a 20-minute hole, or in a graveyard shift, since I will already be at the marathon anyway for Minecraft (assuming it gets through the cuts, which I wholeheartedly hope it does). The music is very catchy and the runs are very stable (especially on easy). The estimate already includes the 5 minutes extra for the setup, as the runs on easy are 15:10 to 16:30 (assuming one death and falling multiple times). On moderate you just have to be more careful about your health so that is why it takes about 2 more minutes.

Again, if you didn't actually overlook it but just rejected it without commenting about it, I am sorry. Or if I overlooked your comment about it, double sorry.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-08-21 10:56:15 am
Edenal: 2013-08-21 10:45:39 am
Hockey enthusiast
I needed to make sure I could attend before I made any suggestions. So here we go.

Stream: www.twitch.tv/edenalsda

1: World of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck - Estimate [20:00] Personal Best [15:XX / 16:XX]
Short Disney game, not developed by Capcom. And the game that got me into speedrunning! One of the few Genesis games that match and maybe even exceed the SNES in visuals. Very marathon safe and has not been in any previous *GDQ. Multiple characters with individual paths may help drive donations, especially when Donald seems very popular and he is the "alternate" choice. Disney block?

2: Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Estimate [35:00] - Personal Best [28:24]
I currently have the best time, and I plan to improve it. Though Striker is not far behind, would make an interesting race.
The game is brutally broken with several major sequence breaks. Marathon safe because all your power-ups reset in each level. Personally I think this is the most watchable and entertaining of the SSW-games by far since it doesn't suffer from the "Toki-syndrome".

There are 2 donation incentives about which characters to use for "Inside Sail Barge" [Default Leia] and "Power Generator" [Default Leia]. You choose Chewie and Han for both those stages, adds 10 seconds per stage. This is the only chance for Han to be used in the run.

I can also play this game in Jedi difficulty. It's at least 10-15 minutes slower, and way way way riskier. But that's a pretty cool donation incentive considering the common misconception of the difficulty level of this particular game.

3: Super Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - Estimate [50:00] - Personal Best [Too long]
I'm up for learning this title. And hence the SSW games could all be races.

My first two suggestions have been played at ESA, but neither has ever been played at *GDQ. Of the two, Return of the Jedi got the best reception, and World of Illusion got most donations.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Kotti: (Hitman Blood Money) If there was a skip or something impressive in that video, I completely didn't see it. I'm not really sold.
That's because the game isn't about major glitches or breaks, it's all about AI manipulation and abusing the rating system. Generally when getting Silent Assassin I kill people out in the public, blow up explosives, get shot multiple times and steal items when guards are looking at me and then claim there were no witnesses and that no one knows I was ever there. But alright, I'll do a BM run at at online marathon and ask again then.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Caleb Hart: Nope.

Vega4993: I'll reconsider on Time Crisis since it looks like it got a better response at ESA than I thought. Which game would you prefer playing?

Freddeh: Too unknown.

SkeletonBill:

1. Okay, I'll admit, I didn't know Billy Hatcher had that sort of popularity. However, I watched the run with two consultants and the game is a fairly fast-paced game, but it didn't really strike me as a standout watch. If I put it on the list I would just cut it the second round, and I don't want to give false hope.

2. Goemon definitely has some tricks and it's a decent platformer with some hype robot battles that probably qualifies as a cult-classic. However, it's also pretty long. I had someone who is a fan of the series watch this run and he thought the run had some slow sections and was too long for what it is.

Now you're probably going to take issue with the original Mystical Ninja being on the schedule. It's a shorter, faster-paced game with some goofy cutscenes.

Otaku Gamer: Okay let me elaborate more, there are some games that people never get tired of like Super Metroid, but there are other games that don't get as much love, hype, donations or whatever, and those are the games that deserve a break. And yes, SotC falls into the latter category.

MeridianPrime:

TetrisSphere: We had Dr. Mario 64 during SGDQ and the response to that didn't seem great. Also, this game is less popular than Dr. Mario so I'm going with no.

Bubble Bobble: I'll consider a good co-op run of this, otherwise no.

Dr. Mario snes: Again, Dr. Mario at SGDQ and the reception wasn't too hot. No.

Aleckermit:

007 games: Like I said before, Goldeneye is the best game for a marathon, and we have it on the schedule. I don't feel like the other games are good or popular.

Xerobladeedge: You posted in the pre-games topic so I'm not taking your suggestion.

Superman 64: No. This game is indeed awful, but it's also an awful watch.

3D Sonic: I said I'm toning down Sonic in general, and yes, cutting most 3D Sonic is toning down Sonic in general. I'm not saying we're done with 3D Sonic, but I think it should take a break. We had a good amount AGDQ 2013.

ChrisLBC:

Spyro the Dragon: 120% is a definite no, any% race is a big maybe. We'll have to see how many races we have in the end.

Crash 2: Again, I'll have to see about a race. We have a ton offered already.
hehe
Quote from mikwuyma:

drogbass: Those glitches look really funny.  I'm guessing retro doesn't have track glitches like that?

There are a few game breaking ones in retro but they're extremely difficult to pull off & aren't worth the risk/reward.
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/guhbadoo/

1.  StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge [Estimate 1:15:00] - My favorite NES game.  It's not the most technical run but it's easy to understand.  Donation incentive for file name and I also have a factory sealed copy of the game that could be given away as a prize.

2.  Toki [Estimate 15:00] - It's everyone's favorite monkey, this time on the NES.  This game is faster paced than Toki: Going Ape Spit, much more similar to Contra.

3.  Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun [Estimate 35:00] - This is a Castlevania parody similar to Megaman released only in Japan.  It has unique and interesting bosses and is bright and colorful for a NES game.
BrokenArthritis, I know that some runners (especially sobatsuyu100) have made a complete mockery of the bounds, pacing and level layouts on the day stages in ILs (see or ) How much of that is marathon safe and would be incorporated in your run? How much of the usual sonic glitchiness would be shown on an all day stages run? I have a feeling that could play a decisive factor on this decision.

I think the night stages are just too slow paced to make a good marathon sonic watch, despite how broken they are. And in a sense, clipping through pretty much any wall is broken in a way that gets old real fast.

I'd like to throw in my vote for Sonic Unleashed Day stages as well, I feel that would be a good 3D sonic choice for this event.
INTJ
Quote:
presjpolk: I'm aware that E.T. is infamous for being awful, but I don't think it's a very good watch.

For this specific case - it has so much 'infamous popularity' and is only about 5 minutes long, I feel like it might worthwhile anyway. If there is some good commentary it could be really interesting.

Just an opinion though
This is my avatar
Quote from Yagamoth:
Quote:
presjpolk: I'm aware that E.T. is infamous for being awful, but I don't think it's a very good watch.

For this specific case - it has so much 'infamous popularity' and is only about 5 minutes long, I feel like it might worthwhile anyway. If there is some good commentary it could be really interesting.

Just an opinion though

If I remember correctly, it was rejected more for technical issues. But it would definitely be a mandatory addition, even as a bonus game.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Linkinito:
Quote from Yagamoth:
Quote:

Just an opinion though

If I remember correctly, it was rejected more for technical issues. But it would definitely be a mandatory addition, even as a bonus game.

Technical issues were resolved. The runner will have a way to play it over a composite connection instead of coax.
I offered ET last year and for the same reason. No go bud. Technical issues were nonexistent in the first place. Nobody else ever ran a console coax through a VCR when they were little?

thank you for rejecting my game. I wouldn't know what to do if you accepted it. Tongue
Quote from dntn31:
Quote from mikwuyma:
firedragon764: I feel like if we wanted this game in a marathon, we'd want a skips run because he game isn't terribly fast or anything, so the skips would make it more entertaining.

I'd be open to doing a "skips" run of MK64 at AGDQ. Conservative ime estimate would be 35:00-40:00. I also have the fastest skips run at the moment at 32:11.77 (real time):

Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/dntn31

Trying to think about donation incentives: The first thing that comes to mind is donations to determine character between Toad, Yoshi or Peach.

Did I miss something, or did my page 20 post get skipped over?
Quote from mikwuyma:
thadarkman78 and immafatguy: I'll add the original Duck Tales for an old vs. new comparison.

Since you reconsidered the original, I can run DT2 to round out the block.

4) DuckTales 2 (NES) [Estimate: 0:20:00] - Can take donations for difficulty

Also, you never fully responded to me regarding remastered.
Edit history:
Radman: 2013-08-21 07:56:33 am
For Fun! For GLORY!!
I might as well put this here then pester Micktator Uyama with a PM. With all the runners I see now for DuckTales: Remastered, I say not let him decide, but let donors decide who runs it. Put up a bid war with all the runners as choices, and the winner runs it. Smiley
Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-08-21 08:11:19 am
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Radman:
I might as well put this here then pester Micktator Uyama with a PM. With all the runners I see now for DuckTales: Remastered, I say not let him decide, but let donors decide who runs it. Put up a bid war with all the runners as choices, and the winner runs it. Smiley

That would require all those runners to be on site. Not really fair to them as some people are more interested in coming if they have a game than not. Also what Parax said in another thread:

Quote from Paraxade:
It'd also be dumb to tell someone "hey [runner], I know you don't actually have any games in the marathon but two of your rejected offers are up for the donation war so you have to practice both of them just in case you get picked even though there's a good chance you aren't playing either of them."
Edit history:
Radman: 2013-08-21 08:23:51 am
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Meh. Point taken. Just too much end of the minute stuff. Forget I mentioned it.
I just thought it would be fun to see viewers throwing money at their favorite runner.
Edit history:
BrokenArthritis: 2013-08-21 08:44:43 am
BrokenArthritis: 2013-08-21 08:40:42 am
BrokenArthritis: 2013-08-21 08:39:51 am
Quote:
BrokenArthritis, I know that some runners (especially sobatsuyu100) have made a complete mockery of the bounds, pacing and level layouts on the day stages in ILs (see or ) How much of that is marathon safe and would be incorporated in your run? How much of the usual sonic glitchiness would be shown on an all day stages run? I have a feeling that could play a decisive factor on this decision.

Well, pretty much every stage has some kind of skip in it. And the videos I posted are 2 levels that are played the exact same in full game. While I can see you are saying the night stages will be long, I can assure you every night stage has a lot of platforming skill needed to play the levels in a fast manner and not every level is completely broken to where you are always out of bounds.  You could also check out KAKIPI1000's full game run for some more feedback on what the full game speedrun will be like . Every full game run I've done has actually grown in viewers as the run goes on, at the megamarathon it stayed a constant 1-1.2k viewers in a bonus stream situation, it was one of my worst runs and people still really enjoyed it.  By the time January comes I should be really close to the record, and be consistent with most of the tricks in the run, if not have more tricks to show off.

In day stages, most of the IL strats are used besides BJG's which is what you saw in the apotos 2 video that trick is way to inconsistent and extremely difficult to pull off it takes hundreds if not thousands of tries to get that. They may not look very safe, but I at least try them, and if I do miss a trick it can make for a great laugh.  1 hour 10 minutes is a pretty bad estimate considering my PB is 54 minutes at the moment, and I'm capable of a sub 50 minute run. So this estimate will probably be down to an hour if not less by the time AGDQ comes.

Edit history:
Dime: 2013-08-21 09:17:35 am
I wasn't sure if I should put my donation incentive or not in my post / this thread but since it seems people were putting in incentives, might as well mention what I had planned since it does affect the estimate slightly.

Donation incentive between UV-Speed of Go-2-It Secret Map Versus Grab both keys while awaking all archviles in map 12 hunted (Archvile Maze).

This was actually included in my time estimate otherwise it would have been 1:10:00 instead of 1:15:00. For Final doom of course. Ultimate doom has no arch-viles thankfully.
Claimh Happy
Donation incentives are only important at this point if you want to include them in your pitch (although if it affects the estimate, then yes you should mention it).
Edit history:
Vega4993: 2013-08-21 10:31:13 am
I play games, wanna fight about it?
Quote from mikwuyma:

Vega4993: I'll reconsider on Time Crisis since it looks like it got a better response at ESA than I thought. Which game would you prefer playing?

I personally love all 1-3 in the Time Crisis series but if I had to choose after hearing much input and thinking hard about AGDQ I would do Time Crisis 2. I apologize for the sudden change but after thinking really hard on what would make an impact, I found the answer. Time Crisis 3 would rely heavily on the machine gun and the grenade launcher so it just comes down to grabbing pickups and getting the shot.(Perhaps a donation incentive?) Time Crisis 1 is great to run yet I NOW do not believe that would bring in the impact people are looking for(Perhaps they both can be).

Time Crisis 2[PS2 Estimate:20:00] is the one most people remember(and the one I'm talked to about most now) playing whether through their childhood or years ago. It's popularity has not faded between the many gamers I have spoken to. The difficulty will be on very hard which many I think will appreciate for the difficulty on dodging MANY shots and keeping steady aim Cheesy Add that with an actual Guncon2 and you've got an amazing run by me. I'm sure I can get a no continue run down for AGDQ. BRING ON THE HYPE.

I apologize again for abruptly changing my mind on 1 or 3 but if you would please take note of what I said above, these are valid reasons. If you would please forgive me, Time Crisis 2 would be a GREAT impact for AGDQ and I'm positive that it will be a run to be remembered by all who watch as well as help in donations. Thank you also for your time reading this, I appreciate it.