Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
inzult: Took the question marks out then. Does Mitch know he's part of this incentive?

Professor broman: Added the names and cosplay challenge. The level 1 gun incentive doesn't sound like a big draw, IMO.

Isn't there a sidequest called Shotty McFace that is fairly popular?

Radman: For difficulties, a bid war usually isn't very effective. We'd want to make this a challenge.

Soundtrack: Is this an in-game option, then this could work?

DuckTales Theme Song: Yeah this will work.

Bertin: Done.

Radix: Hah, I plan on setting the initial goal at 500k.

tjp7154: Noted.

Sinister1: deleted the midget sandman incentive. I don't really feel strongly about the Tyson KO one way or another.

NG: Noted.

TheFearowofTime: Added both incentives.

Dragondarch: Done, and should also be reflected in the schedule.

Blood Thunder: Done.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Well, that's your call Mike. I'm gonna make it a big number for Extreme though.
And yeah you can turn on 8 bit on the option screen.
I think having Halo Legendary as a donation incentive is a good idea.
In addition, if Halo Legendary gets met, there are a couple skulls in the game that have kinda cool effects. They are easter eggs that are pretty fun to pick up. One in particular that I am thinking causes headshots to explode. It doesnt really change gameplay, but it is fun to see.
Edit history:
tminator64: 2013-10-23 08:12:28 pm
I'm assuming nothing is definitive based on what I add here, but.....

Viewtiful World - The music video at the end of the game. It's safe, yet ridiculous.  *shrug*

or

Blindfolded Fire Leo - I have done this a few times before, but I would like to make sure it is on complete lockdown.  It can be a little tricky to pull off admittedly.
Takahashi Meijin
Lets pay money to have cramer to no damage the final boss in Metal Gear Rising
Edit history:
cramer: 2013-10-24 10:28:05 am
cramer: 2013-10-24 10:27:57 am
For MGR it could either be a bidding war between costumes or just a set amount for the Mariachi Uniform because that would probably win anyways.

-None (Normal Revengeance Body)
-Mariachi Uniform
-Original Body (MGS4)
-Gray Fox (Cyborg Ninja)
-Suit (Business Suit)

The Mariachi and the Business Suit would require playing the file beforehand and unlocking them (only up to chapter 2 or so) so it wouldn't be a completely fresh file, I'd skip upgrades though and the only difference would be a few leftover BP (currency for upgrades).

Quote from quinntendopower:
Lets pay money to have cramer to no damage the final boss in Metal Gear Rising

I hadn't thought of that, I usually get hit on the last boss at least a couple times, lol.
Low% for Contra?  I know Heid wants it.
And we threw around the idea of topless %.  Tongue  I think Heid would be game if it would draw more money, but he'd have to say for sure.  He's pretty ripped and I've been bulking up.  Don't know if the internet could handle both of us, only one way to find out...
Yeah, I'm up for blindfolded if it is a a shorter run in addition to my run. I don't know if I can do 2000 blindfolded. I am also not sure of the length of the blindfolded, I can do 500, gonna see how far I can go. (There are 2 ways for me to do blindfolded but I don't think the one is suitable for a marathon unless its just for laughs)
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2013-10-24 02:14:48 pm
Worthless categories WR master
Well I know Minecraft is already a bonus game but if there's room for it, a small bid war between 2 to 4 texture packs could be done. Same goes for the player skin, could be a small choice of a few different ones and a bid war to choose which. It's no big deal, but it could be fun. There could be an extra one for hardcore but I don't feel confident enough to go on with that just yet. Dying fighting the dragon can happen with just a small mistake and most runs are still salvageable even if I die in the End. Maybe in a month from now I could have more of an idea about whether I feel safe about going hardcore or not.
The Dork Knight himself.
Golden Axe
Currently there's a bid war for character choice, which definitely adds to the challenge if anyone but Tyris is chosen, but I do have another idea for a donation incentive: no magic. Basically means I have to fight everybody and use no magic for any of the fights. If Dwarf wins the bid war then it'll play out pretty much the same since his magic sux anyway, but the other characters are affected more heavily. I'm gonna do some testing this weekend, but I'm assuming that the time slot would only have to be padded an extra 5 minutes (which I probably wouldn't even touch anyway but marathon luck happens).

Batman Returns
The only thing I can think of for this would be a donation incentive for me to play the game in a Batman costume (which I'm still looking for a good one, but I could always settle if I have to). It would definitely up the "what a weirdo" factor Smiley
All the things
Kendo Rage
Challenge: Higher difficulty + roll call
I'll play on Easy difficulty by default, but if met I can bump it up to Normal which makes it that much more annoying but comes with a bonus enemy roll call before the credits. It's a little tricky to figure out how to sell this one, since Normal still isn't Hard (which I won't do), but the enemy roll call is pretty humorous with a few of the enemies. So I'll bill it for now as "higher difficulty" rather than Normal. Watching all cutscenes can also be included in this, but isn't enough to warrant its own incentive. All together this adds ~3 minutes to the run. May be worth bumping up the estimate up to 25 minutes to account for the challenge.
Not sure If I can suggest incentives for a bonus game but anyway...

A donation incentive for a short Glitch demonstration for DK64 or there can be a bidding war for a quick multiplayer match between Me and Ringrush/Znern (whoever I end up racing) and 2 others that could be donated for and the most donations wins.
Radman: Extreme challenge and music bid war has been added.

Monopoli: Whoops! I forgot to add that, sorry.

tminator64: The music video sounds fine. I'll hold off on blindfolded Fire Leo until you're sure about it.

quinn: That's not really something you can donate for in advance.

cramer: I think Mariachi is likely to win, but it's hard to say. I would personally go with bid war.

DK: low% is on, but I'll wait on Heidman's answer for topless%

jarvitz: I titled it blindfolded bonus run then.

Bismuth: I don't think either one of those is a strong donation incentive.

honorablejay: No magic is up to you.

about Batman Returns: I wouldn't force a donation incentive if you don't want to add one. Not all games have them.

omnigamer: added

cfox7: If nothing else the giltch demonstration could work. We could set a second goal for the game after the first one is hit.
Edit history:
inzult: 2013-10-25 04:38:13 pm
Quote from mikwuyma:
inzult: Took the question marks out then. Does Mitch know he's part of this incentive?

Yeah I let him know. He sounded really pumped. Poor guy's internet has been down for a week or so Sad
INTJ
For Secret of Mana we could do a glitch exhibition at the end. I am confident that we will be well within the estimate (including the setup) that we could have a ~10min show off of various interesting quirks. We would be savewarping into weird situations, activating random triggers, exiting a building into a wall, dance in a cutscene with dopplegangers and end it with simple crash
Goldeneye : Play through aztec/egypt levels (those aren't normally played on agent run) - would have to be accessed from a different file. or we could put the whole 2.x co-op as the donation incentive
Keeper of TASBot
For the TAS block, we know we'll have a few games to choose from for a donation incentive game.  Gradius and a mystery game I won't name just yet (HYPE!) are the only two games that I'd like to reserve as there will be comentary for those that shouldn't be skipped, but everything else can be considered donation incentive material.  Current suggestions include NES SMB3 or N64 Super Mario 64 0-Star but the pool of possible games should expand as we get closer to the marathon and more games are console-verified.  It will also be possible to do donation incentives for later in the marathon to provide entertainment during system swap setup times as this is one of the few types of filler that is guaranteed to be a very specific length and doesn't take up couch space.  If there's something you'd like to see or know more about please feel free to ask.  Thanks!

A.C.
Edit history:
Teawrex: 2013-10-28 11:58:10 am
Teawrex: 2013-10-28 11:58:02 am
Teawrex: 2013-10-28 11:57:00 am
Another one for Borderlands 2 that wasn't mentioned is the language pack used.  We could potentially do a bidding war for English vs. French.

Also, yes Shotty McFace, (or as the game calls it, Face McShooty Tongue ) is a sidequest we could fool around with if people want. 
Quote from Teawrex:
Also, yes Shotty McFace, (or as the game calls it, Face McShooty Tongue ) is a sidequest we could fool around with if people want. 

Also, just throwing it out there, Broman has done Borderlands 2 at several marathons and Face McShooty has been met every time. It's a pretty entertaining side quest and doesn't waste much time.
Yagamoth: Glitch exhibition added

Bassboost: Added Aztec/Egypt. The 2.x co-op incentive is up to you.

dwangoAC: If we were to have a bid war, it would be between SMB3 and Mario 64 0-star.

Teawrex and Ubergoose: Sorry, I don't play Borderlands 2. D: BTW, what's the character limit for names?

I also added the French vs. English incentive.
Edit history:
UberGoose: 2013-10-28 04:10:22 pm
Names will be done through steam, as the name you make for the file isn't displayed anywhere. So 32 characters each. (obviously 32 would be overboard, but that's the max)
StarSong Hype
I don't know how bonus games are going to be decided to be played but if it's money then Controllerhead and I may have already raised the amount.
Quote from Laplacier:
I don't know how bonus games are going to be decided to be played but if it's money then Controllerhead and I may have already raised the amount.

Bonus games work by getting a set amount of donation money before the projected time slot for the game is going to happen and then they play it when mike says.
Laplacier: Yes, it's an amount of money, and I plan on making goals considerably higher 2014 than previous years, because they've consistently been crushed in previous years.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
I'm pretty sure every bonus game is slotted during the set up hours, since most of them don't take that long to complete, so it's the perfect way to fill a block of nothing. Tongue