Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-12-12 01:27:33 pm
Cool Matty: 2015-12-12 01:26:38 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-09 05:56:21 pm
sumichu: 2015-12-09 05:55:47 pm
Cool Matty: 2015-11-27 01:20:29 pm
Cool Matty: 2015-11-27 01:20:06 pm
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
It's that time again! Same place as last time, same method!

https://resweb.passkey.com/go/2016GDQ

12/12 UPDATE: 10 rooms remaining for Friday, Jan 8th! Once they're booked, we're full!
12/9 UPDATE: Double rooms for Thursday SOLD OUT!  1x King Bed rooms running extremely low!
11/27 UPDATE: Double rooms running low!

Hotel & Venue Information:
Main Event: January 3rd — 9th, 2016
Hotel: Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
13869 Park Center Road
Herndon, Virginia
+1 (703) 478-2900

By clicking the link above, you can access our group rates for AGDQ 2016.  Select your check in and check out days and proceed with the forms.

If you're booking a room with others, the form will ask for the full name and email of each person staying in your room.

The rate for 1-2 guests is $99/night; 3-4 guests will be $109/night, regardless of room type.  Those prices are net; tax isn't included. Parking is free and free breakfast will be offered during the main event.

You'll need a credit or debit card to complete booking.  If you book the room using a debit card, you may see a hold placed on your card prior or during the event, of a significant amount. Keep this in mind if using a debit card. If you use a credit card, they will charge you upon checkout.

Quote from Cool Matty:
Update on the fridges/etc:

All of the "standard" double and king rooms have mini-fridges. Executive and business rooms will not, but you can request one. They're investigating other options for this as well.

Also, they do not have microwaves, but we will have microwaves in the eating room where the breakfast will be located.

We will edit below this line with any changes or new information.

=================
Thread title:  
Fraudulent World Records
BOOKED! thanks for the update!!!
Just a guy
Will set up roommate thread some time this week if thats cool! Gunna book my room once i get home tonight Smiley
Most exciting.
What are the chances of these rooms being completely booked within the next week or so? Really afraid to not book now but need to clear things with work, etc first Sad
So excited! Hopefully I'll be able to stay at the hotel this year instead of driving from my friend's place :P!
Quote from ProTekk:
What are the chances of these rooms being completely booked within the next week or so? Really afraid to not book now but need to clear things with work, etc first Sad

I don't know how many rooms the hotel is providing, but last AGDQ we had 800+ attendees, and while some of these may have been locals, for the most part it was people staying in the hotel. And as far as I know we didn't run out of rooms. With the record number of attendees SGDQ had and needing to use an overflow hotel, I would assume that precautions are being taken with AGDQ to avoid running out of rooms. But if you're really worried about it, I'd just book now. You can always change your reservation.
This will be my first time attending a GDQ event (can't wait!).  I've reserved a room, flight, and car, but would like to know how I go about getting actual tickets to the event?  I just want to make sure I have everything taken care of.  So excited to see it in person finally!  Thank you. 

Nick
Nick, there will be a thread that highlights when registration goes live for the event.

Check the forums and make sure you register and pay for the event once registration goes live in the future.
Ok! Thank you for the heads up. Do tickets typically sell out quickly? Appreciate your help.

Nick
Currently since registration is not open, we do not know what the attendance cap will be yet as a hard number. At SGDQ we had a 1200 person cap and we had tickets available all the way up until the event started. You should have plenty of time if our attendance cap is anywhere similar to SGDQ (for reference of another post in another thread, AGDQ had ~800 or so people attend last year I believe).
Ok great! I'll keep a look out on the forums for guidance on when I can register. I just want to make sure I can get in since I've got everything else reserved! I really appreciate the information.

Nick
waifus are laifu
Is it best along with getting everyone's name that you're rooming with, to put in their actual address info? Or just leave the "same as main person" box checked? And what if you don't know who will be staying in a slot or have days with extra room?
Quote from kariohki:
Is it best along with getting everyone's name that you're rooming with, to put in their actual address info? Or just leave the "same as main person" box checked? And what if you don't know who will be staying in a slot or have days with extra room?

For AGDQ2015 I used my address info for everyone and only put their names and emails and had no problem. So there's that. I also didn't know someone's name and put them as Oliver Klozoff and had no problem. As far as empty slots, i think the price only changes when you go above 2 people. So it seems like you could add someone to the reservation later without it affecting the price.
Fraudulent World Records
Quote from ziggirawk:
Quote from kariohki:

For AGDQ2015 I used my address info for everyone and only put their names and emails and had no problem. So there's that. I also didn't know someone's name and put them as Oliver Klozoff and had no problem. As far as empty slots, i think the price only changes when you go above 2 people. So it seems like you could add someone to the reservation later without it affecting the price.

i put my other 2 slots at adolf hitler and joseph stalin. hope they get a kick outta it,
Quote from VeritasDL:
Quote from ziggirawk:
Quote from kariohki:

i put my other 2 slots at adolf hitler and joseph stalin. hope they get a kick outta it,

That may be pushing it a bit. When those 2 go to check in, they'll probably call up to the room to ask you to verify that the actual person is supposed to be in your room. But as long as no one else is paying the hotel itself, their name shouldn't matter. Again, if it does you can edit the reservation.
Quote from ziggirawk:
Quote from VeritasDL:
Quote from ziggirawk:
Quote from kariohki:

That may be pushing it a bit. When those 2 go to check in, they'll probably call up to the room to ask you to verify that the actual person is supposed to be in your room. But as long as no one else is paying the hotel itself, their name shouldn't matter. Again, if it does you can edit the reservation.

I would change your reservation to not have any additional names at all rather than poor taste "joke" filler names, tbh.  Add your roommate's information once you know it.
You're required to have names of some sort if you're booking for people who aren't technically known yet.

However, that doesn't mean you need to be a purile troll about it. Putting Unknown/Unknown suffices for an unknown roommate and gets the point across very clearly to any hotel staff who looks up your room information. I used Unknown/Unknown and sent the confirmation email to a dummy account I use and had no issues with my 4 person reservation.
Yes, do not mess around with your registration with ridiculous names, etc. The hotel does have grounds to cancel a reservation if they wish, so don't give them a reason to.
I was just providing evidence that it WAS possible. I discourage naming your roommate Hitler. Please either get the person's name and email or leave it as unknown.
Quote from Cool Matty:
The rate for 1-2 guests is $99/night; 3-4 guests will be $109/night, regardless of room type.  Those prices are net; tax isn't included. Parking is free and free breakfast will be offered during the main event.

Just to be sure, is this the total cost of the room or is it the cost for each person staying in that room?
Quote from Ankamius:
Quote from Cool Matty:

Just to be sure, is this the total cost of the room or is it the cost for each person staying in that room?

Total cost of the room. This ain't no $400 pleasure cruise. Tongue
<(^_^)>
Is there a way to adjust the dates on the GDQ page that I can attend? Something came up and I might have to change my availability around.
Quote from kirbymastah:
Is there a way to adjust the dates on the GDQ page that I can attend? Something came up and I might have to change my availability around.

You referring to your game submission? Go to your submissions and hit the blue pencil.
Fraudulent World Records
Quote from Cool Matty:
Yes, do not mess around with your registration with ridiculous names, etc. The hotel does have grounds to cancel a reservation if they wish, so don't give them a reason to.

i changed it like a week or so ago, when i found 2 roommates, but thanks for the info.