--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ktwo: 2021-02-14 09:50:07 am
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Adventure Island (Any %) (Single Segment) (pal) (nes)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
So uh, the runner missed a couple of jumps that cost them a total of like 1-3 seconds each.

When that's the worst thing I can say about the run, I'm pretty sure that's an accept.

It seems that any time I verify for this runner, they're constantly executing strategies that make my heart race. In this case, the runner keeps their health low and ALWAYS has a skateboard where possible. Something I'd never do in my casual play!

Insert joke about PAL being slower here, the gameplay is still jaw-droppingly good.

Audio and video are great, no obvious signs of cheating other than Higgins not losing any weight after such a workout.

This is merely a formality:
Accept.

Quote:
Audio and video are fine.

Very amazing run.  Can't really say much except I hope when this makes front page every person here watches it.  Very sick run.  Mistakes were at like 2 points and that was it.  3ish seconds in a 40ish minute run is very solid.  I have to say the fruit route  was interesting as most levels were ended with 1 bar which is best possible way to end level. 

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ktwo'!
Thread title:  
F*ckin' sanity effects...
I'm f***ing stoked to watch this!
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
it was amazing.  one of best runs i've ever saw
Formerly known as Skullboy
Looking forward to this.  I'm not good at the Adventure Island games but I enjoy good runs of them.
twitch.tv/ccaakk
Is this the same run he posted on youtube last year?
Edit history:
ktwo: 2013-05-08 08:01:00 am
Thanks for the verification. I'm glad you seem to have liled it. I thouht I was done with this game, but I finally gotten hold of an ntsc-machine and a copy of ai should be on the way... WWe'll see where things go from there...

Cak: yes

(sorry for the spelling - smartphone)

Edit: I'm working on subtitles. I think they will enhance the experience as compared to the "dry" run that is on youtube.
Is PJ
Oh my goodness.  Ktwo on NTSC?!  Look out, world!
Smörgåsbord
Yes! Congrats on the run Ktwo and finally my dream of you playing on ntsc comes true, good luck!
Arbitrary forum emu
Good, I was running out of PAL jokes. :<

Seriously though, fantastic work, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with on NTSC!