Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AceCombatZero.html

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Soliduz Znake:
Ace Combat 0 Belkan War - VERIFY RUN

First off this my first verification I hope it is acceptable.  Alright time to get with verifying this run.

- Cheating:
No cheating in this speed run.

- Play quality:
I’ll comment on the runner's strategy by categorizing missions in chronological order, the ones I missed means there were good runs and I have no comments for them.

Mission 1:
The runner used all special weapons and mostly destroyed the enemy plane targets head on in one stroke without having to turn around. Overall excellent run.

Mission 2:
My only criticism would be the runner should have used all the special weapons which is the UGB (Unguided bomb) especially at the end. There were 3 left in the arsenal. Overall good run

Mission 3:
At the end fighting the bosses at the Round Table I would have suggested the runner had Pixy (Wingman) set in Cover mode which might have helped countering enemy planes who were on the runner's tail.

Mission 5:
In the early part of the mission the runner could have went to the nearest enemy ground targets instead of going to the farthest then back which might have saved a few seconds. But overall good run.

Mission 6:
Aside from picking yellow ground targets when the runner could have picked the regular enemy planes for more credits/money.

Mission 7:
This mission is tricky to speed run since the distance of targets from each other are large and some only appear after a certain area has been cleared or when you are near them (invisible to radar). I think the runner could have picked on enemy planes since they give a good amount of credit value instead of focusing entirely on ground targets.

Mission 9:
Excellent run. Again as I mentioned before the runner could have used up all the special weapons but then again not a big deal.

Mission 10:
Good run. Boss can be a bit annoying the way they maneuver around you.

Mission 13:
This is another mission that can be challenge to speed run similarly to mission 7. Overall the runner did well managing time on picking targets and using up all special weapons the FAEB (fuel air explosive) which is very useful to have in arsenal especially for this types of missions.

Mission 17:
That was some crazy flying especially inside the fortress or bunker. The runner did a risky move climbing over the valley

Mission 18:
I'm not sure if this would a faster but instead of chasing Pixy (enemy boss) I would have went head on like in the early part where both Pixy and the runner were facing each other. Sort of like two knights on horseback charging at each other tactic.

- video quality:
The video quality is good and seems acceptable.

In brief I think this run acceptable. The runner made good choices on buying the F-16C and SU-32 aircrafts but I noticed the FA-20 wasn't sold. Anyways there were some minor mistakes I thought runner did like not using up all specials for some mission. However overall it was a good speed run.

I manually timed the run using Wsplit starting from when the runner pressed the start button at the start menu and then at the end when Pixy was shot down which I got a time of 1:20:48.77

Quote from Raelcun:
An easy accept, the quality of gameplay here is a large improvement over the previous run. Optimized flight patterns, better choice of planes for both speed and special weapons, and the usage of somewhat risky strategies to save time resulted in a large time gain over the previous run.

The ace fights can be very trolly in this game because sometimes one ace will fly off in a direction and not turn around, forcing you to have to chase them down after killing the other three. This run got quite a lot of good luck in avoiding this from happening and that plus a very cleanly executed run with a small number of mistakes makes this of an excellent quality.

Quote:
Visuals: Fine.
Audio: The audio is very quiet. You can still hear things and it does sync up correctly though.

Timer: I disagree with the runner's assessment of using real time. The IGT is accurate. It's too bad he didn't show the flight time after the final save, as in the current run, since it combines the times of all missions (from what's displayed at the end).

Overall, the run is solidly performed. 16/18 missions were faster via the IGT and the two that weren't (missions 04 and 05) were for only a combined 36 seconds. Total IGT improvement was 19m13s.

Current - New Run
0:01:57 - 0:01:28
0:02:05 - 0:01:33
0:02:41 - 0:02:32
0:02:57 - 0:03:05
0:02:44 - 0:03:12
0:03:16 - 0:02:18
0:08:57 - 0:06:45
0:06:13 - 0:03:43
0:04:51 - 0:03:44
0:06:54 - 0:06:40
0:05:12 - 0:03:58
0:05:24 - 0:04:53
0:09:13 - 0:06:52
0:02:24 - 0:01:29
0:04:05 - 0:02:17
0:02:58 - 0:02:57
0:04:42 - 0:02:10
0:04:05 - 0:01:49
-- Final Times --
1:20:38 - 1:01:25

Outside of the audio issue (which sucks, the game has good music, especially Mission 18), I see no reason to reject it. The audio issue is minor enough for me to not reject it, since it is synced correctly.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Thehealbus'!
Thread title:  
Thanks for watching my terrible run everyone, of course Raelcun found new skips after I was content with an sda submission time, so I'll be back with a 3 minute+ improvement soon.

Quote:
Mission 5:
In the early part of the mission the runner could have went to the nearest enemy ground targets instead of going to the farthest then back which might have saved a few seconds. But overall good run.

Actually the red target air planes spawn after you destroy the second group of ground target, and they immediately go after an allied dropship.
If I were to destroy the ground targets in a line I would be at the furthest point away and facing in the opposite direction from these planes, and by the time I got to them they would have killed the dropship and scattered around the map. Therefor I loop around and kill the further ground group second so I can be facing south to get to the chasing planes quickly.

Quote:
Mission 18:
I'm not sure if this would a faster but instead of chasing Pixy (enemy boss) I would have went head on like in the early part where both Pixy and the runner were facing each other. Sort of like two knights on horseback charging at each other tactic.

In the first 2 phases of the fight pixy is using special weapons that don't require him to target you like normal dogfighting, so he just lazily moves around the map firing lazers/mininukes at you, the only way to fight him is to chase him like that. In the third phase the only way to damage him is from front on.

But thanks for the analysis, I'll be sure to incorporate some of your suggestions into my future runs.