List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
m00
aww.. that really sucks.

have a cookie, and good luck tomorrow.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
We're all rooting for you, TSA!
Ya, Go TSA!! Grin at least your coming so close to your goal on your first few attempts. I'm sure you'll get it within your next couple. just be thankful it doesnt take away as much time of your life as OoT, then BS like that would really suck.
Also tenkiforecast
Well... all hate random-ness in games.
Retired
http://www.zhq2.com/cool_alttp.avi

Nice, huh?
Sleeping Terror
Haha, clever.
Im Addicted to Games
How on earth did you come up with that trick?

come on.. thats borderline crazy stuff Cheesy
pidgeons
That trick deserves an XD followed very shortly by a O_o
I'm guessing this is one of those great tricks you find out by accident.  I love finding those kind of tricks  Cheesy
Retired
I've been trying some very risky stuff.  I tried Darren's Armos Knight strategy...and I've yet to pull it off...it's just insane to try without slow downs.  I'm faster than my other way where I just sit still - I move closer to each to get the arrows quickly into them.  That's one example.  The other is the Lanmolas battle. I WISH you could HOLD an arrow shot...would make it a joke.  But I make do. 

I mean, I'm getting around 6:03-6:06 on the Sewer time, which is ok.  I did something different on the Armos blocking your path to the East Palace.  I go above it as it activates, then stun it with the boomerang.  No richochet, no damge.  Just appeared to be quicker.  It's hard remembering to do everything new...like going out of Sahasrahla's hut to the left, not right.

It's just amazing how much time you can pick up on just the Light World...
pidgeons
Yeah I know, I picked up something like 40 seconds compared to your previous run in the Light World, and it sounds like you'll easily do the same. The llanmolas ARE horrible though, I killed 2 of them within about 15 seconds once, but the third one took so long that I had to restart.
Retired
For Lanmolas I used a combination of shoot, dash to another spot and re-aim, then shoot to hit each 2 times per appearance.  The only problem is when they overlap...that's when I get screwed...
Madzombies Times after each boss fight in video time played:

Start of game(gaining control in house) 00:00:18
Exit of Eastern Palace: 11:57
Exit of Deser Palace: 19:03
Exit of Tower of Hera: 25:12
Master Sword: 26:48 at first frame where movement is possible
32:58 after Agahnim 1
40:46 after Palace of Darkness exit
49:05 after Blind
1:02:36 at Swamp Ruins exit
1:09:43 after Misery Mire
1:14:29 after Level 3 (I forgot name)
1:20:49 after Ice Palace
1:31:45 after Turtle Rock
1:40:36 before fighting Ganon
1:42:13 after Ganon dies and he completely loses control
Retired
Thanks.  I begin to gain time after Tower of Hera - from what I notice on my practices.  The biggest amount of time to be picked up over Mad's run is getting luck on Agahnim 1...which can help so much if it goes nicely.

The majority of the time picked up is in the Dark World, where I pick up about 2 mins usually.
Retired
It's weird.

At the end of the Light World...I'm ahead by 10-20 seconds usually.  But after the Palace of Darkness, my lead is always cut down...but I timed my Helmasaur Battle it's faster than the hammer method.  I think it MAY be cuz Madzombie only goes down the blue rupees and up them once..whereas I collect them all in 6 quick dashes.  That's probably where I am losing my 6-7 seconds, even though I have a faster route (it's like 2-3 seconds faster).

I pick up time on:
Skull Woods (small tricks used, damage boost over gap, faster Mothula battle)
Arrghus (I get really close and just keep hooking close even when he "spins" his eyes around).
Misery Mire (faster route, faster battle)
Ganon's Tower (small tricks used, Wak's trick in warping area)
Ganon (Use Wak's trick)

Anyway, I seriously think sub 1:39 would be a bitch to get...sub 1:40 is hard enough.  I actually ONCE got my first Agahnim battle to be...6 straight energy balls.  That's 12 seconds faster than my average luck - which is 6 out of 8 are energy balls, with only one lightning phase.  A lot of time can also be saved if you get a great Agahnim 2 battle.  If you get two times where you get all three back at Agahnim, you're done with him.
pidgeons
That's unusual, Palace of Darkness is an area that you should gain about 10 seconds on me, due to that trick where you take the right path in the third room and hit the switch with an arrow/sword beam. With a good llanmolas fight and Agahnim fight it should be possible to be a minute ahead of me by the end of the Palace of Darkness. Of course, putting that into practise is a totally different matter.

100% runs are a bit more frustrating than I expected, due to those annoying luck bits. The route I'm using should be capable of sub 1:59, but that's with good luck. I haven't done much recently, but I'm going to (finally) get my own capture card soon, which will make recording runs a lot easier. It'll also remove my main excuse for not getting it done:P.
Retired
Well, looking back on my runs, if I could combine my best stuff, I would be around 30-40 seconds ahead at the end of the Light World.

It's usually small crap that goes wrong here or there that costs 2-3 seconds every now and then.

There wasn't much more to be done over your run in the Light World - just Lanmolas using arrows really and a better Agahnim battle.  However, as I said, I get more blue rupees than you in the Palace of Darkness because I straight shoot the rest of the way.  I also forgot to mention I use Darren's Trinexx strategy, which shaves a few seconds as well.

I also think this has something to do with the fact I am a bit burned out.  Oh well, as long as I get sub 1:40, I'm done with this game forever.
deet
Quote:
Oh well, as long as I get sub 1:40, I'm done with this game forever.

are you going to do speedruns of other games after that?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
He's already said he's going back to OoT after this, if I recall correctly.  Going for sub 5 there.  Bunches of new tricks were discovered since his last run of that game.
oot ? oh c'mon TSA i really want to see an oracle run...that would be so much cooler then oot again...no one did ever an oracle run...
and one question : you said after this run you are done with the game...does that mean if anybody would breack your record again you wouldnt try it once more?
Quote:
Oh well, as long as I get sub 1:40, I'm done with this game forever.

I'm thinking what deathstroke is thinking right now.  After your old OoT run you said you were finished with the game forever, but then when somebody found new and faster ways to get ahead of your time you immediately became interested in the game again. 

Is this forever on the condition that no one will beat your time -_-
m00
why are you pushing him for binding statements?

let the man run whatever he wants to run.. and if he decides to touch aLttP again sometime in the future, don't scold him for saying he wouldn't Wink
Im Addicted to Games
i think he has a point, as a person i think you should be able to back up everything you say.. even in a forum.
Charlie don't surf!
due to that trick where you take the right path in the third room and hit the switch with an arrow/sword beam.

I'd just like to point out that the Sword Beam doesn't fit through that gap.
pidgeons
due to that trick where you take the right path in the third room and hit the switch with an arrow/sword beam.

I'd just like to point out that the Sword Beam doesn't fit through that gap.

http://www.freewebs.com/alexmciver/Yaggidy.avi

Watch and learn my friend  Tongue