--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ktwo: 2021-02-14 09:48:15 am
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AdventureIsland.html

Hudson's Adventure Island (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (nes)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Ktwo, you know when I made those comments about it being the PAL version, I was kidding, right? ;-;

I can't imagine how Ktwo's thumb that was holding right for almost the entire duration of this run feels.

There are maybe like, one or two parts where it looks like Ktwo might have tried to hit something that they missed, but it never really costed any noticable time. The only exception to this was the egg collection in 7-2 which seemed like it might have cost a second. Seriously, Ktwo is a ROBOT.

What's even more impressive is just how well Ktwo plays in world 8 - no sign of nervous or careful play at all. The only mindset present here is "full speed ahead," just as it should be.

The audio seems a bit quiet, which I believe would be a relatively easy fix.

The video issues are minor, and it gets better until the end, but there's one thing that bothers me:

The very end. For some reason, Higgins randomly teleports up after killing the final boss, and there's a really weird sound. And the music seems to slow down and get a bit lower pitched, as if it were the PAL version. The music also has a big skip, which makes me think that when the runner got here, there was a HUGE screwup in the recording and had to paste the PAL ending over the NTSC game.

I'd kinda like to see what the other verifiers have to say about this.

Quote:
Took me longer to verify this run than usual but finally saw it

A/V: Video seemed ok but i cant help to agree that the audio was a little low, (still doesnt matter that much)

Now into the run:

I can say it was a threat to watch amazing hammer/axes throws, and really tight jumps, specially in Area 2 tons of memorization in some rounds,  i noticed there was a lag spike in Area 2 round 4 but it might be either the game or capture card,  but besides that not much of a problem, Area 8 round 3 was by far the stage i enjoyed the most watching how you avoid all that storm of pure trolling.

I saw that teleport at the end of 8-4 seemed a little bit weird so it would be wise to see what the runner as to say about this because there was some flickering at the end.

other than that i will say its accepted 99% until we know what happened with that last part.

*questions passed to runner, answers passed to verifiers*

Quote:
I think what gets me the most is the pitch of the ending - it does sound like the PAL version.

In any case, I've seen enough of Ktwo's skills to believe this is legit, and all of the content that's messed up is *after* the final blow is delivered so it shouldn't matter anyway. I'd be willing to accept this.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ktwo'!
Thread title: