Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 <- 1 ... 11
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I hope someone can help me out with a little issue. Video recording goes fine, but I still can't get the audio recording properly.

My laptop lacks a line-in jack, so I bought a Hercules Pocket Muse and use its line-in jack instead. But when I record pokémon Diamond for example, the volume of the cry of the enemy pokémon seems too soft and it also just comes from the right speakers. An example:
When Bibarel makes its sound or gets hit, the sound does not seem completely right. The sound just comes from the right side of the speakers.

When I watched another video: I noticed it doesn't have that problem, the enemy pokémon's cry is the normal volume and there seems to be nothing wrong with that audio. The enemy pokémon's cry just come from both side of the speakers instead of only one.

Does someone know how I can fix that? I'm sorry if I'm a bit vague, but I don't know how else to explain it.
Fucking Weeaboo
Two things I would do first.

1. Make sure all connections are secure, as a slightly unplugged audio cable will cause it to sound in mono.
2. Make sure your recording software is set to record in stereo and the balance is set to the center.
Edit history:
kds006: 2012-09-15 01:20:14 pm
I did those two things but the output is still the same unfortunately...

edit: I got it working by converting the sound to mono in VirtualDub.
Maybe it's a problem with the DS itself?  Try listening with headphones...
The headphones do indeed give the same results, but I'm starting to think it's just the game. I saw another video in this topic and it seemed to have the same thing going on. I think the author of the video in my previous post used audio recompression of some sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1HWgfBq4uiM
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
The sound from the enemy pokemon in DPP is only through the left channel in the game.  It's not a problem with the system or cap device.
CHOKES
If I understood right, it's really the game. The sounds the enemy makes goes to the right speaker, and the ones you do, to the left. That's because that's the position of the pokes in the screen.
Yeah, as the others have said, that's the reason. If you want both speakers to have the same sounds, you can set the game to output the audio in mono. That way, you shouldn't have to in VirtualDub.
I got the device today &, for the most part it's going well but it's recording sounds going on in my house. What can I do about that?
Mute your microphone in the Windows recording mixer.
When I mute the microphone it doesn't record any audio.
So how is your DS connected to your computer?  You'll have to describe your recording setup a little more.
I have the DS connected to my laptop with speakers plugged into the laptop & the only program I'm using for recording is the DS Capture program.
So the DS is also plugged into a "mic" input?  I.E. your computer treats both the laptop mic and external jack as the same input?  Is there some way to select just one or the other?  When you say you muted it, you're not just muting the master volume are you?
I went to Realtek HD Audio Manager, went to microphone, & muted recording volume. The computer does seem to be counting every audio device as the same thing.
If you can't find a way to disable just the microphone (bios setting, maybe??) then it sounds like you're out of luck.
Edit history:
D YellowMadness: 2012-09-30 12:50:38 pm
D YellowMadness: 2012-09-30 10:18:56 am
D YellowMadness: 2012-09-27 08:33:38 pm
K. I guess I'll just have to use my brother's computer then. Thanks.

Edit: I'm doing it on that computer now & it's awesome.
PAL 50Hz KILL ME NOW
So this is legit? DS direct recording? where do I buy this?
Over here.
I just put a link in the first post too, since one was missing.
So...I have a question, and I am too lazy to read the other 10 pages of this thread in order to find out whether this question has been answered or not. My laptop is able to record audio from the microphone jack, but the DS Capture preview window does not display anything (nor is any video recorded). It isn't the fault of the USB cable or the board itself because video capture works on my desktop, which I'm trying to avoid using due to regular power outages. So, could anyone at least identify the problem? It's probably a very simple solution, but I'm clueless.
Edit history:
loopy: 2013-04-06 10:15:26 am
DS capture support forum is over here.  It sounds like a driver problem. See related thread here or here.
Alright, thanks. Forgot that there was a link to a support forum on the order page.
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Can I use this to capture GBA runs?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Samlaptop:

Yep! Make sure to select the single-screen option when using the program. It'll be a bit uncomfortable because of the B/A positioning, but it is doable and allowed.
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Samlaptop:

Yep! Make sure to select the single-screen option when using the program. It'll be a bit uncomfortable because of the B/A positioning, but it is doable and allowed.

Cool. I'm thinking about streaming some GBA games in the future and it's great to know I can use it to record and stream GBA footage. Thanks for the heads up.