Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
tja, het is verorberen en verorberd worden
I always found it weird that in case that when there has been a 100% submitte and the run is still empty that it doesnt count as a run (yeye i said this before). Browsing through maps i was looking at the contests  witch have been while i was inactive, and  after that even the old ones and to my suprise i found one where I even snatched the gold 2x, muhahaha!
namely c6 of 2003 and I would like to quote something of the commentary:

Incidentally, Timo only had time to work on one demo for this contest so he chose the Easy 100% and entered that for the Easy Run as well. He got second here, I wonder how he'll do in the Easy 100%...
Thread title:  
I'm addicted to games
We used to do this, such as the first climb EH... but I removed all past instances of it. The reason is that it dual-lists a demo and exaggerates the number of demos that the player has done.

So basically ... no, 100%s are not "runs". Because "runs" must be non-100%.
tja, het is verorberen en verorberd worden
Ok fair enough. I Assume that if there is a map in wich its (nearly) impossible to finish (fast) without all the kills you make an exception?
I'm addicted to games
No... just look at p_se_xxx
Stefan's ER is just there for history.
It's impossible to make the ER faster than the EH.
Mumma
What do you mean, 'impossible'  Grin
Hell is where the heart is.
True, you could beat the EH and then deliberately not get the last kill.

You would certainly win "Fool of the Year" for that piece of play.  :-)

Or is that a bit harsh?

Anyway, Basil:  This has been discussed at great length before and you know the rules as well as anyone.

more players => faster than less players

run => faster than 100%

100% with no corresponding run => Not a run record

Now go fill some fiendishly hard NR gaps! :-)
Technically, it is a run. Seeing as you're trying to get 100% in the fastest time possible, I would consider it a run.
sda loyalist
No, no, technically it is not a run, because you were trying to do something other than 'just complete the level as fast as you can'.
Yes, but you're still trying to be as fast as possible.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I think the main point here is not that there's a penalty for killing every monster, but to get a point for the run you must be faster than the 100% demo, just as if you play coop you must be faster than the single player record.