Max Trunck's single-segment easy difficulty Vanquisher class run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Cheating/Rule Breaking
Nothing.

Audio-Video Symmetry & Quality
Zero Mistakes, quality is great.

Overall

Pretty nice run with little mistakes that cost a second here and there. But with the randomized maps, you can't get perfect!

Gameplay

Pro:
- Great overall strategy.
- Perfect amount of mana potions bought.
- Good boss fights.

Con:
- Few tiny mistakes such as going out of the way slightly to get a health shrine when already at almost full HP.
- Some small navigation errors.

Accepted!

Quote:
No problems with audio, video, syncing, or cheating.

This run is very, very good. A very good overall strategy was used and executed well. There were of course the usual nearly unavoidable movement problems and such but nothing too significant. The boss fights went about as quickly as could be hoped for. The number of consumables purchased was pretty much flawless. The only really obvious place for future optimization that I could see was in the big town section around the middle. With faster mouse movement/clicking a significant amount of time might be gained (not that it was done poorly in this run).

Recommendation: Accept

Quote:
I'll keep it short since I just agree with what the other verifiers have said.

It's a nice single-segment run of a randomized game.

I find it quite impressive how he navigates through the random levels with that kind of movement speed with little mistakes.

I've got one question: When you use the movement speed and go off a staircase, you'll lift off a bit. Is it possible to go Out of Bounds with that?

Accepted

Quote:
Pretty sure the game doesn't really parse 'height' as such, so there's no way to go over walls etc., Voidy

This run is excellent despite a few errors which have already been mentioned. Good strategy and bug abuse and managing to (usually) successfully navigate at blazing speed. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Nice job on single-segmenting a very random game!
Thread title:  
Just recently watched this run, and I agree with the verifiers, excellent run, with mistakes that can't be helped in a single segment run.

Quote:
I've got one question: When you use the movement speed and go off a staircase, you'll lift off a bit. Is it possible to go Out of Bounds with that?

Although I'm not the runner, I'd like to answer this: During the last boss fight, I managed to go oob, thanks to the boss' charge attack, and I got stuck outside the level. I can't even go through the end portal, so I'd say you want to avoid going oob. However, it's possible to make small shortcuts when you run down on stairs which have a turn in them.
Looking forward to seeing this run! It sounds good.
Edit history:
Lawyer Dog: 2011-04-09 10:14:41 pm
Big thanks to the verifiers for taking the time to watch and verify the run.
Echoing what bimanc said, it's possible to go out of bounds but it didn't seem very reliable and I never found a way back in or do anything but make small shortcuts.
Spending time with a vendor does not actually increase the in-game timer which is what was determined to be the way to time the run, so optimizing that wasn't really a priority, if anything a little more time could be spent in town to optimize gear.

EDIT: Oh and on the health shrine, I'm not sure if it was true in the case that was talked about, but it can be useful because health/mana shrines in Torchlight actually keep your health/mana full for a period of time unlike how they work in Diablo 2.