List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Tom 'slowbro' Batchelor's IL runs

Verifier Response

Quote:
First of all, I totally should have verified this run a looong time ago. My sincere apologies to the runner.

the maw:
crash site: looks like a good start. a bit funny to see an 'xxx is online' popup from the xbox. i didn't know about the 'maw warp' through the cutscene, that's a good timesaver. The final time looks like 5:56.

bulb valley:
I'm not sure if the route here is the most efficient. Seems like it would be better to save the group of yums by the exit until the end, when the shock ability would enable quick eating. There is a little mistake around 6:07 but wouldn't cost most, the rest looks good. The final time looks like 7:20.

chaindown:
I'm not sure about the route here. He spends a lot of time picking up gloobers, smashing them to break the shell, then tossing them to maw. It seems like it would be faster to use maw's fire breath to just burn the shells off. The final time looks like 5:46.

dirtlands:
The sound is off sync a bit in this video. Eating all three puff-tors at the start seems like a really bad idea for speed. You have to wait for them to slowly float over, drive down and get stunned, and then toss them to maw. There are two yums from rocks that he clearly misses later on that would have been better. Navigation through all the air vents is very fast. The final time looks like 3:47.

looferland:
This level has great usage of 'tongue up 2 enemies at once' for fast eating. It's also well planned to finish eating the right amount in the final area. The final time looks like 9:10.

mesas:
The sound is off sync a bit in this video. The route and eating seems very efficient. A couple of places where there were small delays that seemed unnecessary is the worst I can say here. The final time looks like 6:19.

beetull smash:
This is a very good run for a hard to control incarnation of the maw. About 2/3rds of the way through, he did smack into a wall and lost some time, but I'm not sure if the curve he tried to do is possible. All of the eating looked as fast as it could get. The final time looks like 12:02.

planet maw:
Looks like an almost flawless go at this level. The runner moves away from ships before they explode in anticipation of them doing so. He did get hit on the way to the last ship but only one hit is pretty good. The final time looks like 6:36, too bad the credits are counted.

I'd say accept because everything is really good, but I do note a few timesavers. Since it's been so long since this run was submitted, maybe the runner already improved things and gave up on us.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This run has been in the queue for way too long. :X
Thread title:  
Sorry about the two-year necrobump Roll Eyes but ...

I only recently found out this run made it on SDA, heh.  Thanks very much to the verifier, and also the staff of course.

Way back I thought about asking mikwuyma to re-add this run to the Runs Needing Verification when it took so long to get verified, but I didn't for a couple reasons.  Royha3 outdid most or all of my videos, some of them by big margins, and also I was never inclined to run the DLC stages.  I thought this run might very well get rejected.

The verifier is right that my Bulb Valley run wasn't very good.  Royha3 and quite a few other people found a significantly better plan (I knew that from the leaderboards), and I never found it.  I bet the verifier found it Grin

Some of the others are probably not extremely good as well.  I know Beetull Smash was one of my best, but I really wish I would have totally nailed that one once Smiley on video of course.  That was a fun level.  The second half of my run contains a couple rather large mistakes.

Anyway, like I said, thanks Grin and I sure enjoyed this game.