List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/GuardianLegend.html

Cory 'TheSeawolf1' Speiser's single-segment run with death warps

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The runner definitely does not play rhythm games...well, maybe Guitar Hero.

The score control is not very good, I knew he was going to overshoot long before reaching the boss...you have to start that section with about 93k and let the flowers explode into segments to farm for extra points. Also try to hit the blue ships' bullets to get your tens digit on an odd number, it always means one less bullet to soak up if you're going to use the score trick on Corridor 3's boss.

Very nice tricks on the map boss before Corridor 5, and opening the door itself.

I didn't know Corridor 6 could be opened with the sword o_o

Nice squeeze in Area 10.

Overall aggression in corridors could have been better for more points. Reaching 1 million points during the final battle might have saved some time but it was a good fight anyway.

Well, it seems to be a significant improvement over Votava's dinosaur of a run. The video and audio are definitely of far better quality. Accept it , let's get it on the site already!

Quote:
Watching this brought back some really nice memories I have of playing the game, aside from the ones of those nightmarish mini-bosses that bounce randomly around on top of you and Grim Grin, in my opinion, possibly one of the creepiest bosses in an NES game.

And now I really want to play it again. But enough about that and on to the verification...

First the technical.  A/V Quality is excellent and no cheating.

As for the run, there's a lot I could say about it, but I'll make it quick and just sum it up.

I thought this was a fantastic run.  I watched the current run and this side by side and the execution here is most definitely better.  There were some minor mistakes such as briefly getting hung up on walls and such, but I thought that the route was better and the corridors were most certainly better played than the current run.

Also the runner did more (and did it better) with less and that definitely impressed me.

Definite accept!  Great job!

Quote:
Run starts at 00:10 and the final boss dies at 55:02, so the final time is 54:52.

No cheating noted.

A tad better video quality than the current run. Smiley

To echo the previous verifiers, only very minor mistakes and excellent execution of some very daring strategies. Well done! Easy accept.

Quote:
AV's good, no cheating. Looks like control goes from 0:10 to 55:07 (ends when the ship starts flying off screen), so I actually get 54:57 for the timing.

I can't shake the feeling that some of the movement in the overworld could use a bit of polish, I spotted several times when he didn't walk diagonally when it seems like he should have, but it's a minor nit compared to the rest of the planning an execution, which is quite good. Some risky boss strategies that could easily have ended the runs if they'd gone poorly, as evidenced by his low or non-existent health afterwards.

It'll be nice to have a run of this game that doesn't look like it was recorded in the 70s. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: We finally have a run of this game that won't give you a seizure! Seriously, watch the old run, the video quality is bad (or better yet, don't).
Thread title:  
SGL Scrublord
As I wrote in my comments, this run had by far the worst score control of my attempts, but the best overall execution and time. It annoys me too, but go figure.

And I am insulted sir or madam, I semi-consistently get 100% plays on Easy songs in Guitar Hero...on the bass line...damn it, curse my lack of rhythm Cry