Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
thanks for reply. not faxanadu. just checked it on youtube. the game didnt have sophisticated menus for weapons and armors etc.
The Speedrunning Teacher
How about Kickmaster?
F^^^ YEAH!!!!!. (^_^) One of the most epic NES games! I still carry vengeance to the bosses of this game.

Zyre you just made my day.

when i read your post, i knew you got it. just watching it on youtube. is there any way to download ROM of this game? BTW on youtube, the visual quality looks worse. Is it because ROM has worse quality or its me too used to modern grafix of video game?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Emulators usually have crisper colors because there's no loss due to conversion. It's probably you remembering them differently, and being spoiled on the latest graphics. Just search "<name of game> rom" and you'll find a few probably.
Quote from Xarthok:
Looking for a simple dogfight game, it was for two players on the same computer, it was played in a window and from side view, you could only shoot in straight line, crossing a side of the field makes you or bullets appear from the opposite side.

Sounds like Space War (also had ports to Atari 2600). The ships looked like triangles, bullets were small squares, and you had thrust and shot energies (if this is the game you are thinking of).
Boom went this dynamite
I cant remember the name, but i can describe it very well:
Very old arcade game
space-shooter
there are these crab-looking things to shoot
Boom went this dynamite
TAB is post!!! Y!!!
just remembered more,
it was notable for being one of the first games to have any sort of simulated voice
i wateched this be played for more than four hours somewhere
the guy had a ridiculous score

the game is divided into stages, with later stages having more enemies
you had to wait for the crab-things to open, and then they would die in 1 shot
the "space" is filled woth rocks, and you can shoot these, but you dont get points
whenever you took too long to beat a level, the voice would say, "Yellow alert" and then, "red alert"
these alerts made more enemies come out just like it sounds.
i think the name started with a "C"
Fish. Blub blub.
Bosconian?

Boom went this dynamite
yep...thats it. thanks for that.
You got a deletion wish?
Shooter (vertical) for Amiga, could play 2P alternatively, screen border color changed each level, I think there were powerups.  Played this ages ago.

Another one from Amiga land, a card game against the computer and it talked to you.  Said "Your turn, (name); we don't have all day, (name); get your hands off my cards!"

The former I have been itching to find for some time, the latter recently came to mind.
Edit history:
cane: 2012-01-10 10:41:14 am
It was a kind of puzzle game for the NES. From what I remembered you had to push different stones and objects to be able to make a way to the exit ( which I believe was just some kind of a door). The game took place under/above water and it was seen from the side so it was NOT a top down perspective.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Boulderdash.
Nope not boulderdash :/
Waiting hurts my soul...
Any idea how it's not like Boulder Dash?
1. You are under water/above water all the time.
2. The screen doesn't scroll
3. You don't dig around in sand and its more about pushing things in the correct order
4. There is no enemies ( AFAIK, could be enemies in later stages)
Waiting hurts my soul...
I'd suggest looking at all these games: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/nes/puzzle-solving/

Is there anything you're less sure about in the details?
Found the game Smiley It was moai kun. Seems like I was pretty off in my memories but I guess thats what happens when you try to remember a game you played briefly 17 years ago
[quote="ExplodingCabbage"]
Quote from Shuda51:
Here's one that i'm pretty vague on the details for, so i apologize in advance.

All i remember is that it was a robot game, like Transformers, though i'm not sure if that's it. One level was based in Antarctica i think, with a mini-boss being a jet robot. Another level took place out at sea during a thunderstorm. I can't exactly remember which console. I don't think it was PC, and it was definitely before the 360 came out, but sometime after the SNES.

Maybe this was Gun Metal? It was a game where you controlled a transforming robot that could change between mech and jet forms, and it definitely had an ice level because the ice level shows up on google image search. I didn't play enough of it to know whether there was a jet miniboss or a sea level anywhere. It's also from the right era and had X-Box and PS1 versions.

Yeah! All of u are wrong. It IS called Transformers. I played it since 1st grade. I'm making a speedrun of it.
Waiting hurts my soul...
link and system?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
RakuRocRex: 2012-01-17 09:43:16 am
RakuRocRex: 2012-01-17 09:38:24 am
Quote from ZenicReverie:
link and system?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(2004_video_game)
PS2
my FAVORITE game

heavy unit battle in amazon
starscreem battle in antartica
cyclonus battle in deep amazon
tidal wave battle in mid atlantic; the "Another level took place out at sea during a thunderstorm." part
alaska no boss starscream crashes his ship
etc.
this is wat ur refering to. ring a bell? i promise this is the game.

and sorry bout my last post i ment to qoute the gun metal pargraph

heres anoter proof link:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/transformers/screenshots
There was a browser game I stumbled across through what I thought was Romp.com (makers of Booty Call) and you played as a dj.  You could earn money to buy new discs which were color coded to what type of music they were (pinkish for trance, yellow/orange for bass, then I think there were red and blue) you would take the disc and click on it to play a set beat for a while and you would do this at a particular club venue trying to pump up the crowd.  You would succeed or fail correspondingly and could subsequently unlock other venues around the city until you were the dj master.  It was single player and I think it came out around 1999 plus or minus a year.  Haven't seen it in over a decade.  Anybody have any ideas? 
Trying to remember the name of a PC racing game I had a demo of years ago.

You used to be able to place mines, have spikes attacked to the front of your car, and you used to collect money ($) in races and I think win money based on your finishing position too. You could take damage whilst racing, upgrade your car, and I think choose which missions to take on. I think you could collect spanners whilst racing to repair damage taken.

I think it had a kind of "bad guy" story to it, where you were a bit of a gangster or something...
:(
All I can remember about this game is the opening area, it was a first person game and you started out in a graveyard and the first enemies you fought were little oozes or slimes. I think it was on the Genesis, but it may have been PS1 and I would have played it like 13-15 years ago when I was little. I asked my dad about it and he said he thought that you played as a skeleton, but I don't remember that part so I'm not sure. Any help would be great, it would be awesome to play this again Smiley
Edit history:
Warepire: 2012-02-26 05:25:12 pm
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from ChristosOwen:

You used to be able to place mines, have spikes attacked to the front of your car, and you used to collect money ($) in races and I think win money based on your finishing position too. You could take damage whilst racing, upgrade your car, and I think choose which missions to take on. I think you could collect spanners whilst racing to repair damage taken.

I think it had a kind of "bad guy" story to it, where you were a bit of a gangster or something...

How many years ago? The only game I can think of is from the DOS era and is called Quarantine.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/quarantine
Quote from Warepire:
Quote from ChristosOwen:

How many years ago? The only game I can think of is from the DOS era and is called Quarantine.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/quarantine

I believe the game I was trying to remember was "Death Rally". Someone in my twitch.tv chat who had seen my post just told me! It looks like it was rereleased on iPhone or something, heh.