Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm searching for a game i played around 2000, probably before that. I'm pretty sure it was for the n64.
Me and my friends played in a multiplayer mode each one controlling a giant monster. the first one was a blue greyish werewolf, the second king kong like and the third godzilla like. There was a sideview perspec and u went through a city destroying skyscrappers(you climbed on them and hit holes into the walls, revealing the inside) and eating humans. If you lost to much energy you changed into a human yourself. I also remeber an bonus level where the monsters were riding on airplanes trying to destroy balloons and other things.
Hope someone knows it :p
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-08-10 11:37:57 am
ZenicReverie: 2011-08-10 11:36:08 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
Rampage. There were two on the N64, World Tour and Universal Tour.

From your description, it sounds more like World Tour: http://www.mobygames.com/game/n64/rampage-world-tour/screenshots
yeah thats it! Thank you very much. Searched it now for about 2 years, now i can finaly get a copy. Thank you again.
Touhou anyone? :D
I've got one. It was a Mickey Mouse game on the NES. I remember being Mickey and traveling around a place that made me think of a pirate ship. I think I was looking for Minnie. I remember climbing ladders and going through a lot of doors.
difficult and stupidly random
Mickey Mouscapade?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/mickey-mousecapade/screenshots
Touhou anyone? :D

*lloks at the screenshots* Yeah! That's it! I guess I was so little and terrible at games that I NEVER got past the inside of the pirate ship. >.<
Thanks!
There is only one.
I've been searching for this game for a while, you play as a ninja with a grappling hook. You can only grab onto platforms of a certain color, you change colors by jumping onto other colored platforms.
Sandbagging
Quote from Thebored14:
I've been searching for this game for a while, you play as a ninja with a grappling hook. You can only grab onto platforms of a certain color, you change colors by jumping onto other colored platforms.

http://chrismingay.co.uk/ninjah/
There is only one.
Quote from Exo:
Quote from Thebored14:

http://chrismingay.co.uk/ninjah/

You're my hero.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from Pendrokar:
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Just remembered one. It's a game similar to Bomberman but for the PC around mid to late 90s. That's all I know.

Mine Bombers?

Similar to Bomberman, that isn't close to Bomberman.
Make it so.
Quote from TheVoid:
I've got a question myself, been wondering and searching about this game from time to time but I just can't find it so maybe someone here knows.

The game was very similar to Lost Vikings. It also had 3 characters (Which were animals of some sort. I should also need to mention that they were just standing/walking like persons, not crawling around on 4 legs or something) with each their own abilities. One was a kind of General I believe, one an archer and the other was just a big brute. The models and such were more 3D-ish than Lost Vikings and the graphics were also newer/better looking overall, but the camera view was still from the side.
If I remember correctly I played it on the PC.

It couldn't be a port/sequel of Cheetahmen could it? They character descriptions sound about right for that, not so sure about the graphics though...
No that's not it Tiberius. The graphics were way much better than that.
snakkies. giev.
I've seen my brother play this on SNES when I was a kid. It had a kind of post apocalyptic/steampunk/futuristic theme, it was from an isometric point of view. Sadly I have no clue what it was about or what the gameplay was like. But it wasn't really fast paced or anything and it looked kind of tactical. And there were some floating drones and defense turrets as enemies, if memory serves... It's just something that immediately came into my mind when I read the topic header and I think it could be an interesting game.
Waiting hurts my soul...
First guess is Syndicate.
snakkies. giev.
Watched a yt video and I'm pretty sure that's the one. Thanks, Zenic. Let's see if I can get it. Always feels nice when something from the bottom of my memory comes back up.
snakkies. giev.
Quote:
The game was very similar to Lost Vikings. It also had 3 characters (Which were animals of some sort. I should also need to mention that they were just standing/walking like persons, not crawling around on 4 legs or something) with each their own abilities. One was a kind of General I believe, one an archer and the other was just a big brute. The models and such were more 3D-ish than Lost Vikings and the graphics were also newer/better looking overall, but the camera view was still from the side.
If I remember correctly I played it on the PC.

I might know this one. I played it on amiga as a kid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherit_the_Earth:_Quest_for_the_Orb
I hope this helps.
No that's not it either Sad
A couple(few?) years ago I saw this game in Nintendo Power. It was a DS game where there is a labyrinth beneath the town and you could draw the layout of the dungeons inside with the stylus. Thought about giving it a shot, but I just cant remember the name at all. Any ideas?
Weegee Time
Quote from HavokMoobii:
A couple(few?) years ago I saw this game in Nintendo Power. It was a DS game where there is a labyrinth beneath the town and you could draw the layout of the dungeons inside with the stylus. Thought about giving it a shot, but I just cant remember the name at all. Any ideas?

I believe you're looking for Etrian Odyssey.
Yep thats it. Thanks a ton.
Hey guys. this thread just made my day.

I was trying to remember the name of my childhood favorite NES game. The game was much like Castlevania style. You fight demonic creatures, vampires, skeleton birds etc. But in a much darker setting. all intro and background were in black color.

As far as i can remember, first level was in the haunted forest. the second level was on the ghost ship. i believe skeleton birds or hooded flyings reapers were attacking me on the ship.
probably third level was inside a dark castle, where boss was a flying creature. Which i never defeated.

The hero had alternate skills such as global damaging of creatures on the screen, melee attack type, maybe whip or sword, i am not quite sure about this.

The details and realism of graphics was very good at that time.

These are all i can restore from my memory. Hope you guys help me. BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Edit history:
GearStrike: 2011-11-02 03:59:53 pm
Fish. Blub blub.
Ghosts N Goblins?

Waiting hurts my soul...
If that's not it, take a look through the games here: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/nes/action/side-scrolling/offset,0/so,0a/list-games/

There are some Castlevania type games like 8-Eyes, and something else that isn't coming to mind that it could be, but it's best to flip through those and see if anything rings a bell.
thank you Gearstrike for your effort.

ghost n goblins are too cartoonish. The game in question was more realistic in proportion of the bodies and animations etc. I remember that the hero had dark blue colored hooded caps. And he had melee attack type, no shooting, no throwing. He had a whip, maybe? The music in the background in the castle level was one of the most popular symphonies. 

people could say the gamestyle resembled castlevania alot. the colors and layouts of the screen tried hard to be very realistic. no single colored large blocks like in the cartoon games. the most unique concept the game had was global damaging skill using mana.
Weegee Time
Faxanadu?