List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperSmashBrosBrawl.html

Easy All Star Mode run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Sounds like some battery is low from the Wii or something. Not sure.

Video is decent but why only 30 FPS? Also HQ should have a bitrate of 2000. It might just be me being tired but the sound sounds a bit crippled throughout the whole run. Have to rewatch it tomorrow.

Total time: 03:25.61

This is an 11 second improvement to the 2008 run but overall it looks sloppy. A quick search on the Internet gave me this run which is a 3:08.91 from the current record holder. That one is from 2009. To me it looks like the runner did this very quickly without much effort. He is missing way too many grabs and just seems to throw each enemy and hope for the best. If he had planned it out a little he could go for some quick attacks before throwing just to be sure that the enemies will be thrown out of the screen. Many seconds are wasted waiting for enemies to fall back, especially since it happens pretty often.

Right, considering both the AV and the gameplay quality I'm sorry to say that I have to reject this run.

Quote:
Alright. So the audio bugs wasn't just my computer. The video could have been cleaner as well.

After watching the video several times over I realized that while the AV is not as good as it could have been, sometimes these things are unavoidable. While I would like a better AV quality run. It still is an improvement.

So changing my mind on the Decision. Which is now an Accept.

Quote:
Let's keep this short and sweet Flip.  I want to see where this verification goes. 

Technical stuff is all okay with me.  First off, I can agree with what's been said so far.  However, we have a 5% improvement here.  So off the cuff, I'm saying ACCEPT.

Can this run be beaten?  Yes.  This has been proven, but that run has not been submitted to my knowledge.  So I do believe this is a worthy replacement until a better run obsoletes it.  I just don't think the gameplay here is atrocious enough to "warrant a reject even though it's an improvement".

Quote:
Just re-watched this.

There are some minor audio issues, it isn't in widescreen (not an issue for verification, just wish it was wide). Both passable.

This is an improvement, and isn't simply some new tricks and sloppy gameplay, so accept it I shall.

Quote:
Didn't notice the audio issues until it was mentioned by others.  It is only a small improvement and I do believe that it will be beaten, but for the time being I see no reason not to accept it.  I am very new to the scene though so if you guys end up deciding it is not enough improvement I would completely vouch for you.

Quote:
In-Game Time: 3:25.61
Real Time: 8:53
Video Quality: Good
Audio Quality: Good/ I couldn't hear the audio problem everyone else was hearing

This run is pretty fast as Easy mode goes, but the runner did screw up at times when the opponents were a little too strong to be thrown off the stage the first time. Also, I didn't like how the runner picked up all of the trophies between each stage, it just wasted time, but if this run's time is based on the in-game timer, then I guess it's not a real issue to be noted. Overall, the run doesn't have too many problems to make me consider it bad, and if there'll ever be a faster time than this on this website, it will probably be because someone saw this run and wanted to improve this run.

Decision: Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Not the greatest ever but a notable improvement.

Congratulations to Mark 'ChiboSempai' Korsak!
Thread title: