welcome to the machine
just like you're not capable of freebie'ing bombs from counts of 1/1/1

or super jumping

sorry bro, we all have our limits.
Quote from VorpalEdge:

or super jumping

This sounds negative. I think it's extremely unfair to assume that he can use those bombs so damn many times and freebie them every single time, unless it's something that you can RELIABLY pull off 100% of the time and get the freebie each time.

Looking back, however, I think I should have rejected the run. I don't care much for the Mack Skip, but no Super Suit really sucks. On top of the brutal Axem Rangers fight, I think this run is probably reject worthy.

However, since the runner stated that he's going to improve the run anyways, all this is a moot point. So let's get along, eh?
Is PJ
Quote from romscout:
Quote from cyghfer:
when a run of mine is verified i will always prefer longer verifier comments to shorter ones. thus for runs that i have more to say about than 'holy shit X runner did this run' i like to reciprocate and give attention to all the details the runner lovingly and meticulously plans out.

but@rom's post, wat ???:-[???

i typo'd, it's late

i meant verifier #5

i think pj meant #5 too when he said the verifier was "interesting", but apparently none of us are capable of actually mentioning the correct dood

Admittedly,  I'm not very good at counting.  Wink
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Eternalspirit:
Quote from VorpalEdge:

or super jumping

This sounds negative. I think it's extremely unfair to assume that he can use those bombs so damn many times and freebie them every single time, unless it's something that you can RELIABLY pull off 100% of the time and get the freebie each time.

Looking back, however, I think I should have rejected the run. I don't care much for the Mack Skip, but no Super Suit really sucks. On top of the brutal Axem Rangers fight, I think this run is probably reject worthy.

However, since the runner stated that he's going to improve the run anyways, all this is a moot point. So let's get along, eh?

I think your sarcasm detector is not working.

I'm of the mind that if a new run is an improvement that it should have some bearing on acceptance. So yes, no Super Suit really sucks, but this is better than the current segmented, and he'll get the Super Suit run eventually, or someone will and submit it here.
Legendary Dragoon
Personally, I think that despite the lack of Super Suit, the run is accept-worthy.  Rom demonstrates advanced strategies well enough to beat a SEGMENTED run that DOES get the Super Suit (a literal GAMEBREAKER for when you have access to it... Mario is practically indestructible, immune to status ailments, and becomes an offensive juggernaut) by a pretty decent margin.  One shouldn't forget that segmented runs don't have to deal with constraints like luck, whereas in a SS run, it has a HUGE BEARING on it, and he did a good job planning for said situations (ruling out the Axem Rangers and other such examples, which he normally has plans for anyway).  Regardless, I expect Rom to push the envelope even farther with his future attempts.
At the very least, I have to say that reading through this has been one of the most educational and entertaining visits to the Verification forum in a while for me. Congrats on the accept; I'll be watching for this run.
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from Eternalspirit:
Quote from VorpalEdge:

or super jumping

I think your sarcasm detector is not working.

I'm of the mind that if a new run is an improvement that it should have some bearing on acceptance. So yes, no Super Suit really sucks, but this is better than the current segmented, and he'll get the Super Suit run eventually, or someone will and submit it here.

Alright, I just wasn't entirely certain to whom the "we all have our limits" comment was directed at.
Clam
Quote from cyghfer:
when a run of mine is verified i will always prefer longer verifier comments to shorter ones. thus for runs that i have more to say about than 'holy shit X runner did this run' i like to reciprocate and give attention to all the details the runner lovingly and meticulously plans out.

As a guy who mostly lurks, I'd just like to say that I much prefer the longer comments, especially if the runner doesn't have a ton of comments himself.  I don't like it when the runner's comments for the run are "Wooo! I'm the man! PWNED!" and all the verifier posts are "MAN HE PWNED THE GAME! ACCEPT."

With a lot of games, there is an absurd amount of itty bitty details that most people don't know about when it comes to saving time, and not only do I find them fairly fascinating at times, but it also helps me develop a greater appreciation for the run and the runner him/herself.

The runners here are, for the most part, extremely intelligent and phenomenal at what they do, and I think that long comments and details about what they do (whether it's positive or negative) makes this site more professional, which makes it seem more like people devoted to being the absolute best at their craft instead of a bunch of immature kids who are simply good at video games.

Personally when it comes to runs of games I've never played, I generally won't watch it unless there are detailed comments, whether they're from the runner(s) themselves or someone (or multiple people) praising/crapping in Verification Land.  It gives me a better understanding of what's going on (unless it's Clue....) and makes the run a thousand times more interesting to watch.

Even if the verifier is relatively "dumb" in the case of one of the guys verifying this game, it still adds food for thought, no matter how blatantly "wrong", especially when the runner goes and meticulously explains why he did everything he did. Learning about it makes it so much more appreciated.  An example I usually bring up is the title screen for John Carpenter's "The Thing".  It's a snazzy title screen, but I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it.  When I found out that they put the text behind a smoke-filled fish tank, covered it all with a garbage back and set the damn thing on fire to achieve that effect, my immediate thought was holy shit, that's utterly brilliant.  It blew my mind.  So when it comes to stuff like "I didn't do ____, so that _____ could be done later to save more time", I think it's fascinating. 

I'm rambling now, but I love the long comments.  And before anyone points it out, yes, I do realize the irony of posting a tl;dr comment about how some people don't like reading tl;dr comments.

Back to the shadows, I go.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm pleased to see this run got accepted. While I didn't verify the run, I did watch it on ustream with the live commentary. You could tell that the runner is extremely knowledgeable on this game, and it can be difficult for casual SMRPG fans to "verify" a run and would probably negatively question a lot of things they don't understand.

I have a lot of respect for people who even have the mental ability to play through a game this many times without going insane. SMRPG has soooo much dialogue! The amount of luck-factors are crazy for a SS run, and while we can probably expect the runner to adapt better to them on a future run, I would have been pretty upset if this run didn't get accepted.

Nice run overall!