Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-03-18 09:33:49 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jordan 'Greenalink' Greener's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier:I hate how not detailed I can end up being, but SM64DS seems to be good.  I could possibly see a couple minor route revisions, but I don't know off the top of my head exactly what should replace which.  Jolly Roger Bay had a slow star (the first one, which had to be obtained in order to access the quick star).  I would maybe look into seeing if these two stars could be replaced by ones that would be quicker to obtain.  If I had more time to test it myself, I would offer some suggestions.
Verifier: As far as gameplay was concerned, no glaring screwups so far as I could tell.  There were a couple of "wow" points for me, such as the Mario Wall Kick's star in the first snow level.
Verifier: An easy accept, as far as I am concerned

Quote:
Segment 1: Nothing major in this segment. The key was obtained without any error.

Segment 2: The fastest 8 stars are obtained to reach Mario. The Goomboss fight was amazing, if anything. Several jumps, especially the backflips in Whomp's Fortress and the flutter to the Bob-omb platform in JRB, could have overall saved 10-20 seconds in the segment. Also I have to wonder if doing the Aquarium secret star would have been faster than the Sunshine Isles one.

Segment 3: Another 7 stars, everything here was flawless. I was surprised by the Wall Kicks Will Work trick. I not only didn't think it was possible to get down there that fast but he also skipped half the path to the star with a single wall kick up to the icy platform leading to it. Also, wouldn't Shoot into the Wild Blue have been just *slightly* faster while the runner was still as Yoshi, despite needing the cannon as him?

Segment 4: 3 stars and Bowser. The path to Bowser was flawless, as was the rest of this short segment.

Segment 5: 2 stars and Luigi. Perfect segment, nothing else to note here.

Segment 6: 7 stars, everything in BBH was done flawlessly.

Segment 7: 18 stars here. Slight errors with flubbing up entering the door and missing the star atop the pyramid with the dive, as well as the missed jump to the volcano in LLL. Other than that jump, all of LLL was very impressive, and the time saving shortcuts in HMC were insane.

Segment 8: Only one simple star and Mario opening the path the DDD. Nothing special.

Segment 9: The eight stars and Bowser battle were done almost flawlessly in this segment.

Segment 10: The 6 stars obtained were nicely done. Those shortcuts in TTC were insane.

Segment 11: The remaining 20 stars are done nearly flawlessly. The cheap Mysterious Mountainside method impressed me.

Segment 12: Final level and Bowser fight was perfect.

Video and Sound Quality: There were no issues with the sound, the DS was tilted slightly to the right the entire time. It wasn't terribly annoying but I think it could have been centered better.

Cheating: No cheating was present. All legitimate techniques that can be replicated, no changing of # of Stars between segments.

Overall: Accept. The run was very impressive, had a ton of nifty tricks, and had very minimal errors. I'd say about 1 minute could be shaved off this time provided no additional time saving tricks arise in the future.

Quote:
I finished watching the run, and here is my evaluation.

Cheating: None.  All stars and lives are consistent with each segment, and no rules were broken during any segment.

Quality (Capture): Everything is in good order.  I was impressed with the way he set up his DS so it won't shake or anything.  That probably would've gotten me nauseous...

Quality (Gameplay): This was a well-designed run.  With the improvements in the DS version, he/she made all of the possible tweaks to ensure a fast run.  This was carefully planned and superbly executed.  There were a few mistakes here and there, but I can overlook them due to the positives I have said.  This run could be improved by a few minutes, I'd say.  Other than that, wonderful.

Verdict: I don't see why this shouldn't be put on the SDA site.  Accept.

Quote:
The run was very good quality for a DS-filmed run.  The stylus/thumb was sometimes visible on the bottom screen, but that's expected.  No noticeable trouble in audio.
Quality of play was on par with the N64 counterpart's runs.  Segmentation was used to proper advantage and effective abuse of the physics was made.  New shortcuts unavailable in the console version were a high point in the run, notably the last bowser level and the Tick Tock Clock and Tall Tall Mountain Luigi flower power skips.
I fully approve of this here run.

Quote:
Cheats: No that i know of.
Audio Quality: Great
Video Quality: Good

Notes: The run is by no means perfect. Some jumps are slightly of. There is much room for improvement. The route is really good and the fastest stars are chosen. Some neat tricks are utilized as well.

Overall: Even though the run has it's mistakes i would accept it.

Quote:
The run didn't appear to have any cheating, which is always good.  Video encode quality seemed fine.

As for the run, it seems good.  There weren't any moments that I thought looked particularly bad, and the run did go quite quickly.  There were errors here and there, but nothing too large.  Seems an easy accept to me.

Decision: Accept

Reason: All of the verifiers agree this run is quite good.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Wow.  Finally our 2nd DS run.

That took long enough.
work's not done yet.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this run added to the DS section. Based on the verifiers' comments I'm really anticipating watching the full run. Smiley

Maybe in a few years will have more than just two games up there. Grin
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2009-03-19 11:14:23 am
DS Dictator
Sweet Smiley
I'm gald to hear that all of the verifiers liked my run.

Time to comment:

Quote:
Jolly Roger Bay had a slow star (the first one, which had to be obtained in order to access the quick star).  I would maybe look into seeing if these two stars could be replaced by ones that would be quicker to obtain.  If I had more time to test it myself, I would offer some suggestions.

There were some faster stars (possibly Cool, Cool Mountain) but they were taken by Mario later on during the run.
The other Bob-omb Battle Field stars were too long mainly:
* King Bob-omb and Koopa the Quick,
* the Silver Stars only appears when you select that mission and Yoshi is a bit slower than Mario when it comes to the Red Coin collecting and the 5 coin rings (the one where you need to get all 5 coins in the middle of each ring)
My point saying is that the other stars would be longer to obtain as Yoshi.

Quote:
Several jumps, especially the backflips in Whomp's Fortress and the flutter to the Bob-omb platform in JRB, could have overall saved 10-20 seconds in the segment. Also I have to wonder if doing the Aquarium secret star would have been faster than the Sunshine Isles one.

Yeah I agree with you on the first 2 points.
The first star on my 2nd segment is harder to co-ordinate now and you can't glitch through the gate, I even usually except the star if I got hit by the Chain Chomp (fortunately he didn't hit me).

The backflips in Whomp's Fortress I totally agree the only problem is that you got to be so fast and optimize your long jumps, sometimes Yoshi's Flutter doesn't co-ordinate the direction I want him to go to. It's easier to get the shortcut done as a Individual Level run.
I did mess up the first visit of Jolly Roger Bay too by jumping too early Sad

The Aquarium Secret star takes 1 minute as Luigi (who is the fastest swimmer of the 4) and it would be even longer as Yoshi to obtain the star.
On the video it took me 40 seconds to get the Sunshine Isles star (38ish if I wasn't too cautious with Klepto and that Goomba).

Quote:
Also, wouldn't Shoot into the Wild Blue have been just *slightly* faster while the runner was still as Yoshi, despite needing the cannon as him?

Not really, as it would take a couple of seconds for Yoshi to enter the cannon and then blast off from it.
Also I had Mario to get the star for skipping the cannon and to get the switch star even faster as for Yoshi, he would need to get the Mario Cap first which is near that turn table platform (and possibly some text if Mario was still locked at the time).

Quote:
18 stars here. Slight errors with flubbing up entering the door and missing the star atop the pyramid with the dive, as well as the missed jump to the volcano in LLL. Other than that jump, all of LLL was very impressive, and the time saving shortcuts in HMC were insane.

A segment that last for over 12 minutes I would usually accept some mistakes that are under 5 seconds long. The Star atop the pyramid was an insult of the 2 mainly because of how easy I missed that star.
The Lava one wasn't too bad and I lost a couple of more seconds for doing the safer method of entering the volcano.

The toughest part was mainly splitting up the segments and the 50 star door choices. Because Luigi is really quick on the later stars but he can't unlock the 50 star door that leads to Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride.
If the run was planned like this:

*(As Luigi) Get the quickest stars from Snowman's Land, Tall Tall Mountains, Wet Dry World and Tiny Giant Island and the 2 castle secret stars-> Save

*Get Mario and unlock the 50 star door, Get 5 of the Tick Tock Clock stars and that Rainbow Ride Star.
Now Mario is 3 stars short, also Luigi is way faster to get 2 the Southern Stars on Rainbow Ride thanks to his Roflcopter Jump.

It's possible for Mario to Triple Jump + Dive to the area near the woodern slide and steps bit but it's really difficult to achieve OR go to the Air Ship and become Balloon Mario then with the boosted speed from the wind you can get either the "Over the Rainbow" star or "The Big House in the Sky" (do the whole procedure again but get the other star of course) the shortcuts before the Air Ship are quite tough too.

Now with 79 stars I can talk to Toad to get my 80th. Since Mario is way nearer to Bowser 3 it's better not to save, the only problem now is perfecting that level and getting all 3 swings correctly with the D-PAD >:(. The whole point is that it would be like segment 10 but even longer and tougher.