List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

David Heidman Jr.'s run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
AV Quality: The audio and video quality are good.

Impressions: This run is very tight. Runner was very solid in his enemy manipulation which is the key to this run. His execution was tight and minor mistakes did not cost much time. He avoids using special moves because in this game they suck unlike previous Double Dragon games where they are knee...err, I mean, key.

Cheating: Nope.

Comments: The runners comments are very detailed and informative so I will not rehash the level by level breakdown here. This game seems pretty straight forward, just beat up on enemies with your fists and feet or some weapons. In reality thought this game is actually quite difficult and takes precise timing and well thought out strats to get a time this good. If only the runner could manage to pick up the spread gun maybe this could have been faster. Oh well, gotta play the hand you're dealt.

The most impressive thing about this run is that there are really no resources to help the runner. No TAS, no previous runs, no helpful youtube vids, no cool tricks/glitches in some random FAQ. Nothing. The runner did a good job of figuring things out on his own and getting a very solid run done in a short time.

Verdict: Accept.

Quote:
[17:55] Verifier: hey mike, I'm watching the SDD run and it's really good so far
[17:55] Verifier: excepting the parts where the computer cheats him, of course
[17:55] me: yeah I never played it much
[17:56] me: but it just seems like a bad game
[17:56] Verifier: there are a couple places where he attacks and it looks like it should hit, but it doesn't
[17:56] Verifier: sprites overlap and all
[17:57] Verifier: he threw eight guys into the hole in mission 6 Cheesy
[17:57] Verifier: that made me happy
[19:18] Verifier: man, he's died twice already in the final stage
[19:19] Verifier: I thought he said in the topic he submitted a run where he never died
[19:19] me: I don't think so
[19:20] Verifier: gonna have to rewatch, see how many of these hits were the game being cheap
[19:27] Verifier: he did wreck the end boss's day though
[19:27] Verifier: guy never got to attack him
[19:55] Verifier: geez, he took like half a bar in cheap hits before even reaching the boss room
[19:55] Verifier: and then another half just from the two guys in suits at the beginning
[19:55] Verifier: *beginning of the boss room
[19:56] me: so his deaths are from cheap hits more than anything else?
[19:56] Verifier: he has about a third of a bar in legitimate mistakes, but that's because mistakes cost a lot on this stage
[19:57] Verifier: and he got knifed in the boss room for another half a bar, which I think he could've avoided but is still really lame
[19:57] Verifier: the guy just popped up on the right while he was kicking some other guy, very close to that edge
[19:57] Verifier: and then he gets another cheap hit from behind and loses that life
[19:58] Verifier: so I'm thinking both deaths might be forgivable
[19:59] Verifier: a lot of enemies can jab as fast as you can; it's really annoying :/
[20:00] Verifier: more so when they outnumber you and are varieties that don't care if you're fighting somebody else
[20:00] Verifier: if they all fought that way the game would just be impossible
[20:00] me: so I'm guessing this run is an accept?
[20:01] Verifier: yeah
[20:02] Verifier: the only other part I would complain about is mission 4 where you're standing on a truck for most of it and everything slides left
[20:02] Verifier: so a few times he attacks guys from the right and it doesn't work out
[20:02] me: complaint about the game or run?
[20:02] me: oh okay
[20:02] Verifier: haha
[20:03] me: didn't catch that attacks guys from right bit
[20:03] Verifier: the guy slid out of his combo because of the stage
[20:03] Verifier: recovered and slapped him for it
[20:03] me: wow that sucks
[20:03] me: I guess he could compensate
[20:04] me: but still
[20:04] me: that doesn't even make sense
[20:04] Verifier: the dumb thing is you don't slide when you're attacking
[20:04] Verifier: I have to look at that part again, I don't know if that guy really wanted to approach from that side or what
[20:05] Verifier: because you can't really get enemies to switch sides easily
[20:08] Verifier: yeah, 18:24 the guy he was punching slid left and his third attack missed
[20:10] Verifier: 18:39 same thing happens and he gets beat up for it
[20:12] Verifier: actually, those were the only two places where sliding messed him up
[20:14] Verifier: also, the fat guy who is the boss of mission 5, all of his attacks will pretty much beat yours if you start at the same time
[20:17] Verifier: so his fight there where he only took one hit is really good

There was a third verifier, but he wanted his comments withheld.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It might not be the best Double Dragon game, but it still deserves a spot on SDA.
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote:
AV Quality: The audio and video quality are good.
The most impressive thing about this run is that there are really no resources to help the runner. No TAS, no previous runs, no helpful youtube vids, no cool tricks/glitches in some random FAQ. Nothing. The runner did a good job of figuring things out on his own and getting a very solid run done in a short time.

Ya, this did make it rather tough to come up with combos and strats for a lot areas.

Too bad the 3rd verifier did that. I really enjoy getting comments.

And 2 the second verifier, ya. the game is overall a pain in the ass to deal with in a bunch of areas.

Thanks for the notes though
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Congrats Heidman
if this run is as good as the Super C run I can't wait to see it
Bad game Heidman, but nice run.

Your hole management in Double Dragon is priceless.  Like the kabooms too.

-James
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2010-11-16 02:12:29 am
Willing to teach you the impossible
Kabooms?? Was that in my AC? But thanks. I may improve this some time. Depends on my motivation.