Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperC.html

David Heidman Jr.'s awesome run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Super C - 13:18 - Any %

Frezy speaking...
10:18 is a great achivement. Congratulations again on beating my record with 8 seconds. Finally something interesting is happening on the speedrun front again!

Stage 1
Almost perfect. I can clearly see that Heidman use some good strategies that makes this level look easy. Stops for a short moment in the end of the stage and the boss might be improvable but looks really good to me.

Stage 2
Good run here. Passing the turrets fast enough. Some very small differences from my run. Entering and reaching the boss 2/10s. faster then me or so.

Stage 3
Kinda necesseray the few extre stops he does here. Exept for when he jumps up toward a bullet and have to stop a little which should be considered a mistake. The first significant improvement strategy-wise is on the mini-boss (Mecha Spider) Improving my boss fight with at two seconds or so.

Stage 4
You wrote in your comments that the falling bomb are is improved. I can't see what you mean. Your boss fight was great though. I think I have never done such a fast boss fight but I am not sure. At least your jumps and firing looks kind of optimized. IIRC, The boss is random too and still it looks like you had the perfect route or something. I think it looks similiare to the fight I did in my 13:26 run but yours had a better ending and in total about a second faster?

Stage 5
Looks close to perfect if you ask me.

Stage 6
Close call, This stage sucks! not much to say...Perfect run here.

Stage 7
This is the most interesting Stage in the run and the most improvable. I think this stage is improvable with about 3 seconds and the Boss fight 2-3 seconds (in total 5-6 seconds) Its very hard to optimize but it is doable. This stage turned out slower then I expected looking at the final time of 13:18.

Stage 8
I don't know how much using "F" saves on the boss but it should save a second or 2? When I tried last time I could get it to work like this and I don't remember why. It was a surprise for me that you did use "F" here.

I was surprised that there is still some improvements that can be done. Most levels is optimized but I would like to say that a time maybe as low as 13:10 should be possible if you ask me.
Anyhow a great improvement. More then I expected from Heidman. I would love to see this guy doing some more runs, his potential seems to be great.

Descision: Accepted.

Quote:
He stumbled at a jump in stage 7, and missed a jump in stage 8, REJECT!.

Actually, move over Frezy_man, there's a new ding dong I want to zuk, and it's Heidman's

Quote:
Accept.  This is a masterful run.  The close calls (to dying) make the run even more entertaining.  I'd like to see a lot more runs from this guy.

Quote:
Hi Mike,
  Sorry for the late reply, this is what, the third day I've had this run to verify?  Must be getting a little slow.  Tongue  Anyway...

Let's get Super Contra'd:

First things first, I am not Frezy-Man!!!  Not even in the slightest.  I think it's because I'm not Swedish enough.  But I'm working on that, everyday.  I'm trying to alter my DNA by putting my head in the microwave at work.  Mutation, yes.  Ethnicity change, no.  I'll keep trying.

Area 1 - Pretty identical to Frezy, the chopper is a bit faster from jump shots.

Area 2 - New run gains a little bit of time from some tighter movement through the level.

Area 3 - Most noticeable gain was from the better spider mid-boss strategy on the left.  Runner doesn't need to duck this way.  Nice.

Area 4 - Quicker boss fight here.  Does it one jump faster then Frezy.

Area 5 - Comparable to the existing run.

Area 6 - Again identical to Frezy's run.

Area 7 - The pass through the green eggs seemed faster, but a moment's hesitation on the boss.  Just noticeable when he stops firing.  Still decent.

Area 8 - One missed jump at the top, bummer.  New runner uses "F" on the boss which nets some more time gained.  He gets bonus points for shooting in sync with the music, but then proceeds to lose those bonus points by not finishing the run on top of the invisible platform.  Debating rejection because of that...

The last boss fight brings to the forefront a point which I believe Mike has mentioned before.  How quick would a run be if a runner carried "F" through the entire run.  Huh?

Final notes:  The runner mashes, fast, seemingly faster than Frezy.  It's almost too perfect.  I know he posted that video of how he does it.  And it's a damn good video, I can say that because he mashes the same as me, with the controller nigh buried in my crotch.  However, showcasing mashing is different than showing it while actually playing.  However, I was able to duplicate some of his play while testing the game myself.  Bottom line, given the number and sheer quality of the people verifying this run, I will defer to the majority.  If none of these pros have any problem with the mashing, then neither do I.

Otherwise, verdict:  Accept.  But on the condition that the run be posted along with the runner's mashing instructional video where he is also doing his best Bill Rizer impression by being topless.

Quote:
Audio/video is good

Cheating: I didn't spot anything.

Time: 13:18 by my timing

Stage 1: essentially flawless, maybe 1 second of mistakes I could see.

Stage 2: Same, maybe a second of mistakes when he dodges various bullets.

Stage 3: Very nice spider fight, the lag reduction was done very well. I don't know if it would have made a difference, but if he could have ended the spider fight at the very right edge of the screen it might save time? I'm not really sure. The end boss was also equally amazing.

Stage 4: Looked good. Those falling ceilings... I thought you  could shoot through them to move upwards faster? I could be mistaken though. The boss fight was very good, however, I'm fairly sure the last gun was supposed to have been destroyed ~1 second earlier. Hardly a mistake though.

Stage 5: looks very clean, I didn't see any mistakes.

stage 6: Really fast. Basically perfect here.

Stage 7: small error near the beginning, 1 second loss. The boss fight seemed a little slow. I would guess there's 2 seconds that could be made up here. Still, incredibly well played here. I think this was probably the worst stage of the run with about 3 seconds lost total.

Stage 8: one bad jump and little hesitations cost maybe 2 seconds total. The boss fight was an instant kill.

Overall, this run is very well executed. I'd say there is probably 8-10 seconds worth of mistakes total, but they are very hard to spot. The main improvements would come from just faster boss fights. I'm not sure how much faster they could be, but with a run like this, there's always this slight margin of error on those. I would say there's probably 4-5 seconds that could be improved by perfect boss fights and 3-4 seconds that could be improved by better platforming.

Decision: definite accept, this run is really well done.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Duh
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
First I gotta say... FINALLY. I have been waiting for this to come out for a while. I was really looking forward to the comments. So to where there was questions, I will answer.

Quote:
Super C - 13:18 - Any %

Frezy speaking...
10:18 is a great achivement. Congratulations again on beating my record with 8 seconds. Finally something interesting is happening on the speedrun front again!

Stage 4
You wrote in your comments that the falling bomb are is improved. I can't see what you mean. Your boss fight was great though. I think I have never done such a fast boss fight but I am not sure. At least your jumps and firing looks kind of optimized. IIRC, The boss is random too and still it looks like you had the perfect route or something. I think it looks similiare to the fight I did in my 13:26 run but yours had a better ending and in total about a second faster?

Stage 7
This is the most interesting Stage in the run and the most improvable. I think this stage is improvable with about 3 seconds and the Boss fight 2-3 seconds (in total 5-6 seconds) Its very hard to optimize but it is doable. This stage turned out slower then I expected looking at the final time of 13:18.

Stage 8
I don't know how much using "F" saves on the boss but it should save a second or 2? When I tried last time I could get it to work like this and I don't remember why. It was a surprise for me that you did use "F" here.

I was surprised that there is still some improvements that can be done. Most levels is optimized but I would like to say that a time maybe as low as 13:10 should be possible if you ask me.
Anyhow a great improvement. More then I expected from Heidman. I would love to see this guy doing some more runs, his potential seems to be great.

First I gotta say thanks for the complements.

Stage 4: The first part of falling bombs I shot so they start falling from the center rather than the right side as you did. Although I cant get to the top platform as fast as you, I think it evens out. The second set is shoot early and from the mid so the bombs finish faster. The boss is not random. I time it with the music actually. And that boss is improvable, I have killed it before it leave the right side of the screen.

Stage 7: Yes I know... This stage give me more trouble than any other stage.

Stage 8: I actually got it on accident during a trash run and just rolled with it. Then after playing with it a lil I found that it save a great deal of time. In a short run like this, 1 second is a lot of time to me.

Thanks again for the complements.

Quote:
He stumbled at a jump in stage 7, and missed a jump in stage 8, REJECT!.

Actually, move over Frezy_man, there's a new ding dong I want to zuk, and it's Heidman's

Thanks.

Quote:
Accept.  This is a masterful run.  The close calls (to dying) make the run even more entertaining.  I'd like to see a lot more runs from this guy.

I am sure you will be seeing more of me.

Quote:
Hi Mike,
  Sorry for the late reply, this is what, the third day I've had this run to verify?  Must be getting a little slow.  Tongue  Anyway...

Let's get Super Contra'd:

First things first, I am not Frezy-Man!!!  Not even in the slightest.  I think it's because I'm not Swedish enough.  But I'm working on that, everyday.  I'm trying to alter my DNA by putting my head in the microwave at work.  Mutation, yes.  Ethnicity change, no.  I'll keep trying.

Area 7 - The pass through the green eggs seemed faster, but a moment's hesitation on the boss.  Just noticeable when he stops firing.  Still decent.

The last boss fight brings to the forefront a point which I believe Mike has mentioned before.  How quick would a run be if a runner carried "F" through the entire run.  Huh?

Final notes:  The runner mashes, fast, seemingly faster than Frezy.  It's almost too perfect.  I know he posted that video of how he does it.  And it's a damn good video, I can say that because he mashes the same as me, with the controller nigh buried in my crotch.  However, showcasing mashing is different than showing it while actually playing.  However, I was able to duplicate some of his play while testing the game myself.  Bottom line, given the number and sheer quality of the people verifying this run, I will defer to the majority.  If none of these pros have any problem with the mashing, then neither do I.

Otherwise, verdict:  Accept.  But on the condition that the run be posted along with the runner's mashing instructional video where he is also doing his best Bill Rizer impression by being topless.

So your the reason this took so long... jk.

Yes, trying to become Frezy while doing this run was tough... very tough...

The boss only takes damage when the mouth is open, So a quick rest is nice after such a demanding stage. I was also trying to get in the proper spot to kill the boss before it closes its mouth for the second time... But I was unable to do so.

I did try using the F-Gun through the entire game, its nice up to stage 2 boss where the spread kills faster. Stage 4 is basically Imposable to get through the bubbles, I stopped there actually.

Tomorrow I will do just that, I need some one to hold my laptop to record it and its 12:43 am atm so i cant make one right at this moment. But just for you I will make that video your requesting.

Also, I like that idea he has, Ill be sure to make the second one with the same impression.

Quote:
Stage 3: Very nice spider fight, the lag reduction was done very well. I don't know if it would have made a difference, but if he could have ended the spider fight at the very right edge of the screen it might save time? I'm not really sure. The end boss was also equally amazing.

Stage 4: Looked good. Those falling ceilings... I thought you  could shoot through them to move upwards faster? I could be mistaken though. The boss fight was very good, however, I'm fairly sure the last gun was supposed to have been destroyed ~1 second earlier. Hardly a mistake though.

Stage 3 boss fight starts when the screen get into position, not the char's position. So the only issue really would not getting close enough to the right side of the screen before it starts to move and end up getting caught in a pit... happened a lot.

Yes you can, but at the first set I could never pull it off. So its a loss I had to suffer.

----------------------------------------------------

Again thanks for all your comments. Hope I cleared some of the questions up for ya.
Some one decided to stay up late and wanted to bug me, so I used her to help me record.

Please remember I have not played this game since I submitted it to SDA. So I'm really rusty. But my mashing has not suffered all too much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7T9QJKSW

Or if you want to you can DL it strait off the forum below. Hope it helps.

Oh, and that is the best quality I can get as far as recording. I did my best.
Attachment:
contraddicted
Quote from Heidman:
Some one decided to stay up late and wanted to bug me, so I used her to help me record.

Please remember I have not played this game since I submitted it to SDA. So I'm really rusty. But my mashing has not suffered all too much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7T9QJKSW

Or if you want to you can DL it strait off the forum below. Hope it helps.

Oh, and that is the best quality I can get as far as recording. I did my best.

Shirtless videos for Contra stuff are top-notch. Mister Uyama needs to make one too Cheesy

Though I wasn't among the verifiers this time (or did I forget it already?) and also don't really doubt your mashing speeds after seeing aforementioned runner vibrate his thumb, this video isn't really useful.
The resolution would be fine and everything, but the framerate is pretty low, so it partially looks like you don't move your thumb at all.
I did the best I could With what I had to work with... I just did it because of the person that wanted to see it. I could prolly use a friends Camcorder and do an actual one. But that would require work... lol

And honestly I don't think I have to prove my mashing skills anyhow. But I am still wanting a Hudson Watch thing. I wanna know just how fast I can actually go. I do believe I can get 16-17 per second. That is from counting number of shots from a vid in V-doub. But if I do get one I will be sure to post a vid of me mashing away on it
Master-88
i just wonder when this game are in verification? Im just not are see game in verification topic.

Congrats your runs heidman. Im sad i cannot verifer your runs because im not even know you are submited your runs.

You are surely make awesome job. Wink I can,t wait see your runs. Wink
I think Mike said he had all the ppl picked out since he knew so many ppl who play it so much or something like that. But after you see it I dont mind more feedback. The more I get the more likely I am to redo it

EDIT: On a side note I am still really nervous about my no weapons run...
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Fantastic run. I'm saying it again. Any run that beat's Frezy's is generally spectacular!  8) ... especially a contra game... jeez, nice going Smiley

Glad to see your first run up on SDA, I look forward to more runs from you.

Congrats!
Finally had time to watch this.

The run is downright insane. Damn. Thank you very much for this Heidman, it's an awesome feat.
Master-88
Thats went really well. I think at most 4-5 seconds can be saved with better luck and execution.

Thats mean this run is very, very, very close perfect limit.

Frezy is not only one who can firing like crazy. This seems heidman firing speed is even faster than frezy or at least as fast as. Wink

Congrats heidman. I can,t wait see your other runs. And not give up Contra run. You are only who can theoretcial beat frezy awesome 10:17 here.
Is PJ
Yea this run is really beast!  I just watched it now.  Unbelievable, Heidman!
Thanks every one. I have not given up on Contra, I am just not running it full time now. So it will get done eventually. I still play Super C as well. Hopefully, I will improve this run some time and get my deathless Low % run as well... Some day...
Holy shit you beat Frezy...you are henceforth known as "the man."  Great job!
contraddicted
Quote from Chromium:

May I propose the HEIDman? Wink
Quote from EvilJogga:
Quote from Chromium:

May I propose the HEIDman? Wink

Congratulations, you win.  It's so terrible that it crosses back over into pure greatness lol
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Wow, this is your first run?!? How the hell is that even possible?
Quote from sinister1:

dedication, lots of anger, and an unnamed skills so far. Frezy has the "Doom Finger," Tiki has  "Turbo," My skill still lacks a name. I have been called "Super TAS" in my stream though... But I dont like that name
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from sinister1:

It was a great debut indeed Heidman!

Quote from Heidman:
Frezy has the "Doom Finger," Tiki has  "Turbo," My skill still lacks a name. I have been called "Super TAS" in my stream though... But I dont like that name

You mentioned your injury.  How about "Vein Buster"?  Tongue
Quote from DK28:
Quote from sinister1:

It was a great debut indeed Heidman!

Quote from Heidman:
Frezy has the "Doom Finger," Tiki has  "Turbo," My skill still lacks a name. I have been called "Super TAS" in my stream though... But I dont like that name

You mentioned your injury.  How about "Vein Buster"?  Tongue

Thanks DK28.

That shit hurt... Sounds like a Mega Man weapon, lol. Depends on if it sticks
Everybody DANCE!
Awesome run.  Your finger-blasting skills are really impressive.  You are the Finger Blaster.
Is PJ
My roommate suggested that your name should be Mash Potatoes.  I second the motion.
What about Hyper Heidman lol
This run looks like me in the morning. DAMN GOOD.
Thanks. Since the run I have found a few small things to touch on. Just need the motivation to kick it out.
Heidrage, pretend you are the Ryu of street fighter and 'maxamenkee zenbukick' the shit out of that run. I will kick myself in the face with a shovel if you do not. I could be semi-drunk, or just really skilled with my feet and shovels. Are you willing to take the risk of me damaging my priceless face? I look like red falcon, smug yet greyfox.