Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Starcraft.html

ILs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Z02 and Z08 are auto accepts

P01 - OUCH!! That was brutal. Not controlling proper lost 2 units. Trapped by your own units for the first one, and the second... wow, putting a unit with next to no HP next to eggs for it to die... I don't like that. This is a nice improvement but it can be a few seconds faster from the lost units... Please do this one over. 2:52 should be your goal time or better.

P02 - That probe caused more trouble than goon the the end there. Prolly could have saved 3-5 seconds if it did not pull extra units down... Besides that this is SWEET. Love the probe defense and the ballsy walk. Nice use of the goons to pull the extra dps away from the lots and probe.

P03 - More aggressive strat yields the faster time. I noticed how many units he had in this and controlled them with great skill. This further backs up my thoughts on P01. Love the control but could have sent in the Scouts a bit earlier. Regardless this is still good.

P04 - Egh... Can't say much else than that.

P05 - Straighter path.

P06 - Better pathing.

P07 - Hay, some one read my notes from last time I verified this IL. Bonus points for the runner Wink

P08 - Typical building snipe. Better econ management give this the speed boost.

P09 - Ballsy!! I like this. 10 HP from a fail lol.

P10 - Fastest money map again.

Over all good stuff. I would like to see the P01 redone please. Besides that all looks good.

Edit: A new P01 was done. I guess my 2:52 was to high of a number and the runner produced a 2:44. I see 2 main reasons why this has happened. First, and WAY larger of a factor than the second, is that the runner encountered the fights smarter. He did not rush into battle and made sure his troupes would not get cough up behind each other. Almost all of the time that is gained is SOLELY on the first sunken encounter being WAY faster due to unit positioning and approach followed up by, again because of where the units were at the end of the encounter (zealots and goons not being mixed among each other), was able to start the final engagement much faster for not having to wait for the units to move themselves. In the end, This was FAR better than what I was expecting as an end result and I want to thank the runner for taking the extra time. I now accept P01 (obviously).

I would like to touch on this for a moment (NOT trying to start anything)
Quote:
For a good time you need to constantly attack with all units, even units close to dying. There is really no place to hide dying units while letting them attack the base, because hydralisks keep appearing from the bottom and the right and immediately kills them.

I agree that it is tough to keep everything alive. If you watch your first submissions, the units dieing (this is for me and only me) is not the issue. It is more how they died in an unnecessary way that can easily be avoided. The first being trapped by your own units, I think speaks for itself. The second, having put a RANGED unit in MELEE proximity is not the smartest thing. There is flat out no need. The attack cd is going to be the same no matter how far they are from the target. So bluntly, they looked horrible.I agree that it is tough to keep everything alive.

Also, having a unit run away for 2 seconds and living so they can continue to fight for the rest of the stage is better that having a unit fight for 2 seconds and die (with the exception in a building destruction race).

Quote:
No response.. on to comments then.

P01 - Alright, I'll accept this. The Dragoon could have been kept alive if you reacted a little faster, but I'll let that slide. The attack at the end could have gone a tiny bit better had the extractor died a second or so faster, but again, not a big deal. A much better attempt than the first one.

P02 - Alright, the runner brings up some good points. I'll retract my rejection and accept this. It would have been nice if we had a run that had the extra zealot, and kept all the probes alive, and a dragoon that didn't glitch at the end, but apparently that's close to impossible.

P03: Reject. Focus more on making sure what happened at the end, doesn't happen again. That was probably 5-10 seconds by itself.

Accept the rest. GG.

Quote:
No cheating detected, Audio/Video quality is good.

T00 - 2 second improvement over the runner's initial submission by building the supply depots earlier, and manually returning the gas. Nice work.

T01 - Also a 2 second improvement by building the 2nd barracks sooner.

T06 - A 6 second improvement over the previous submission, again by better resource management mainly.

T10 - So sub-6 is possible on this level, wow. Not sure this can get any faster.

Z02 - Blink and you miss this run, this game was so broken on old patches :p

Z08 - Hooray for the dumb AI shooting invincible drones while the rest of the units hack away at the Nexuses (Nexi?)

P01 - This is a significant improvement over the current SDA run, as well as the runner's initial submission, which was rejected for some avoidable micro errors.  Some units are still lost in this run, but the unit control is much better than before. Accept.

P02 - Losing the probe to the zergling attack in the beginning was unfortunate, but it's not terrible. Another verifier said something about him building his 2nd gateway late, but I think that's because he was waiting to have enough minerals to build the Cybernetics Core and the 2nd gateway at the same time. Having a zealot survive the rush through the sunkens was nice also. Accepting this one.

P03 - The rebuilt Extractor at the end was bad, but this run is still an improvement, albeit a small one. I'll accept.

P04 - Pause glitch ftw. 5 second improvement is pretty good for this level.

P05 - Straighter shuttle path makes for a 4 second improvement.

P06 - Better pathing again for a 6 second improvement

P07 - This run is already super optimized so a 1 second improvement is still impressive. Using hallucinated scouts to take damage was nice, and I'm amazed that Dark Templar survived the scarab hit.

P08 - Building the Robotics Facilities near the red base made the shuttle transit much faster, and not upgrading Scarab damage got the Reavers out faster. Pretty significant improvement here.

P09 - The lower sunken colony damage of v1.03 makes this suicide rush strategy possible. I like how Fenix almost dies again. (In the current run Fenix dies after the victory trigger).

P10 - Finally the Protoss get to abuse a glitch, although with a Terran building obviously. Faster resources makes for the improvement here.

So to summarize, Accept for all levels. Great work!

Quote:
all look good and no cheating detected accept

Quote:
Alright, first let me say I'm sorry I've held up the verification. Time has not been on my side as of late. I finally found some time with my long weekend thanks to the holiday, so I got to finally watch the ILs.

P01 - I watched the first one, saw why people had rejected, then watched the new one and saw the fruits of them being picky. They really did push the runner into making a much better run, and I'm glad they did. The newer submission was fantastic.

P02 - that surviving Zealot makes a nice difference. Fast time.

P03 - I think the extra extractor at the end there is difficult to avoid, and while the time gain is small, it's still an improvement.

P09 - Nice! I liked the Aggressive tactics here.

The Z02 and Z08 are straight forward and easy accepts.

No Cheating detected. Accept on all of them. Nicely done!

Quote:
Alright, first let me say I'm sorry I've held up the verification. Time has not been on my side as of late. I finally found some time with my long weekend thanks to the holiday, so I got to finally watch the ILs.

P01 - I watched the first one, saw why people had rejected, then watched the new one and saw the fruits of them being picky. They really did push the runner into making a much better run, and I'm glad they did. The newer submission was fantastic.

P02 - that surviving Zealot makes a nice difference. Fast time.

P03 - I think the extra extractor at the end there is difficult to avoid, and while the time gain is small, it's still an improvement.

P09 - Nice! I liked the Aggressive tactics here.

The Z02 and Z08 are straight forward and easy accepts.

No Cheating detected. Accept on all of them. Nicely done!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Freezard!'
Thread title:  
'gratz to Freezard, solid work.
Thanks to all the verifiers and Flip for managing to organize all my submissions Smiley

@Verifier 1
P01: You're right it's better to let dying units run away for a while than letting them die. Next time I should let the dragoons fire on hydralisks hunting the dying units and then get them back into battle.
P02: I never thought about the probe causing those extra enemy units to appear, but I see now it's better to keep it away from the cerebrate. Good point!

I'm pretty happy about these runs except for P03. It's such a bitch to run though, I hate it. I'd say most work went into P07 and P08. Yes, that one second improvement in P07 was frustratingly luck based and difficult to get. P08 also took forever to plan out/trial-and-error, half of the time enemy dragoons would just stumble upon the robotics facilities and go 'SUP? We're patrolling this area, we'll just shoot down your reavers as soon as they come out'.