Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Spyro.html

SS 120% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V-Quality was fine, no audio desync
no cheating or editing found

Overall a very good execution, with many little mistakes but they're not consuming too much time. The only big mistakes(?) are in cliff town the rocket(and birds),the tricky wizard peak jump(fail XD), wild flight, Tree Tops(nah), Jacques and twilight harbor(losing orientation for a while). But even so you didn't loose much time overall.
Also you've shown us many highlights like the magic crafters gem collecting and a flawless icy flight! The only real critic is the life farming, i know it didnt cost much time in fact nearly null but its irritating cause you dont need them, maybe one or two for tricky jumps, but 20?
Besides that its a tremendous improvement over the old run with more than 18 minutes difference - I timed a 2:01:34.xxx from first to last frame
therefore definitely accept

Hope to see a sub 2h run soon :p

Quote:
A few hiccups with accidental deaths, but not so much as to disallow the run. Life farming was also not necessary, but didn't take up much time.

2:01:47 was my time counting from when he cancelled the first cutscene (my understanding being time starts when you have control over that sort of thing) to getting in the "Return Home" at Gnasty's Loot, but about 2:01:37 if timing starts with control of the character.

<2h is definitely doable, but the run is acceptable as is.

Quote:
video quality: SDA quality
audio quality: SDA quality
no cheating detected
Control starts at: 0:00:25
Control ends at: 2:02:08
Length is 2:02:08-0:00:25=2:01:43

Artisan Home: The route used for collecting the gems near Sunny Flight is very well executed, as is
Sunny Flight: abusing the "flap" is indeed faster, the route used is executed very very well, aside from missing the arch and flying into the sky instead of hitting the underside of a platform.
Artisan Home: The comments imply that hitting the water was intentional, I'm not entirely sure how this is faster though.  It also implies that hitting the wall before Dark Hollow was intentional.
Dark Hollow: About time charge-jumping (henceforth known as "galloping") is used.  The route is very solid and well executed.
Artisan Home: The damage is restored at no time loss.
Toasty: The trick with the dogs is harder than it looks, but the runner screws it up only once.  About a second is lost by ramming a wall again.  Total time loss for Toasty is about 3 seconds.
Home World: perfect
Stone Hill: I didn't know you could breathe fire in a whirlwind.  The well had a bit of time loss by missing the whirlwind, but the hitbox on that is finnicky anyway.  Perfect thief catch, excellent route decisions.
Home World: perfect*
Town Square: first dragon could have been saved slightly faster, everything else, especially the thief, is executed near perfect.  The red gem is the most glaring mistake, but due to Sparx not being as useful as in later games it's acceptable.
Home World: *this is why it may not be perfect.  Rescuing the dragon in the entrance first moves Spyro back forcing him to move a farther distance, while rescuing it after Town Square would likely save about a second.  Rejecting the run over something as trivial as that would be stupid.  Also, it may not be faster from having to turn around.  The run to the balloonist is perfect, other than jumping over a gem.
Peace Keepers Home: looks like a TAS
Dry Canyon: The route had me puzzled at first, then I realized how the runner would collect every gem with the route used.  Slight mistake on the weird gem boxes, followed by a hit from a bird (how I'm not sure).  I thought for sure the runner missed a gem somewhere, but 400/400 were collected.
Home World: wow.
Cliff Town: headbutt wall fail near the beginning, thief was ridiculous.  Flaming the rocket early is something I did in every playthrough I've done of this game, the headbutt was wierd. Sparx could have been healed after collecting that gem, but overall this level was very solidly done.  I want to know how I overlooked gliding AROUND that part.
Home World: Could have been done slightly faster, and I think Ice Cavern is faster to be done at the end of the Peace Keepers World.  Also, rescuing that dragon would be quicker AFTER the Ice Cavern.
Ice Cavern: Nice save after missing the lamp.  Looks like the runner forgot the route at the return home platform, then died.  That part isn't easy to do fast though.  Why would the runner collect the extra life though?
Home World: nice job on the cannon.
Dr. Shemp: other than being slapped once, it looked perfect.
Home World: goes to Night Flight pretty fast.
Night Flight: looked pretty much perfect
Home World: the cleanup&thief catch go quite well, aside from missing that jump.
Magic Crafters Home: "ow. ow. ow. ow."  I always loved doing that.  The gem collection was executed very well.
Alpine Ridge: The stairs could have been handled better without that charge.  The other stairs are handled expertly, due the timing I don't think the hit cost any time.  This is definitely a highlight of the run, the runner makes this incredibly annoying level look easy.  lol at apparent suicide-->exit level
Home World: another poorly timed dragon, that one is best saved after High Caves.
High Caves:  The route seemed slow for gem collecting right off the bat, but knowing this level is rather annoying to track down the last few gems on (spoiler: They're almost always in the cave), it's understandable the runner would pick a "safe" route over a "fast" route. (Although I may just be being dumb here, the supercharge definitely seems to be validating the choices)  This level is very well executed, like every other level so far.  One minor improvement for future runs, two of those three flame boxes can be broken at once on the far ledge.
Home World: purple gem combo x 3 (Yes I've been reading Homestuck).  Again, that dragon is better saved after Crystal Flight, as Spyro's position is closer to where he's going.
Crystal Flight: I find it hard to believe that the intended route is actually the fastest here.  Avoiding the fly into the sky is very easy to do on that last chest, it makes me wonder why it wasn't done.
Home World: grab a blue gem, run to...
Wizard Peak:  One of the 5 most annoying levels in the game, alongside High Caves, Tree Tops, Misty Bog and Haunted Towers.  The runner handles it very well, with what appears to be a very optimized route for the beginning.  If there was a 100% TAS I'd compare routes to that, but unfortunately there isn't.  THANK YOU RUNNER FOR SKIPPING THE EXTRA LIFE!  Also jump fail, I have no idea what happened there.  Both times.  Snowman Yeti squash you flat.  Saving the dragon at the foot of the mountain after the first jump loses time, as suiciding after that jump places Spyro at the top of the double supercharge, preventing backtracking when going for the second jump.  As a whole, I was expecting more from this level.  30 or more seconds could be saved here.
Home World:  sloppy portal entry
Blowhard:  I watched the any% TAS recently, so I know how fast Blowhard can be defeated.  The runner matches the hits 2/3 times.  Gem collection is quick and this definitely makes up for Wizard Peak.
Home World: 10 seconds of dialogue skipping and healing.
Beast Makers Home: pretty solid.
Terrace Village: Spyro headbutts a lamp.  Silly dragon, that was only useful back in the Ice Cavern.  Other than that and being electrocuted a few times (and the headbutt the air thing?) it goes quite well.
Home World: The fireworks boxes could have been done faster.  What happened going into Wild Flight???
Wild Flight: fail.  Nice double flame target though.  The missed boat costs very little time as missing the arch later makes up for it.
Home World: quick dash to Misty Bog
Misty Bog: Considerring how difficult this level is, the runner does an amazing job, especially dealing with the cave.  If only the following death wasn't so stupid.
Home World: good dash to Tree Tops
Tree Tops: ouch, that death was painful.  The life didn't appear to lose any time, the second one did, but a suicide was necesary anyway.  The shortcut for the green gem thief was impressive, I'd never considered trying that.  Purple gem thief was also impressive, although realizing that it only moves upon landing on that platform simplifies that trick.  I never realized how many lives Tree Tops gave-or how much faster suicides could make it.
Home World: Perfect shortcut to Metalhead
Metalhead: lots of stair headbutts, solid gem route.  Execution at the end could have been better.
Home World:  Another unnecesary extra life.
Dream Weavers Home: The timing of the cannon is very well done here, so the runner doesn't have to worry about any enemies being the wrong sizes.  Only mistake here is forgetting they already got the blue gems around the corner.
Haunted Towers: I'd say the last really annoying level to speedrun in the game.  The runner makes a mockery of the first part, with very well timed fairies for destroying those stupid metal armor things.  The extra life collected costs no time.  The supercharge is very well done.  The gem collecting throughout the entire level was done with very little time loss.  This also more than makes up for Wizard Peak.
Home World: I thought that glide was missed.
Dark Passage: That hit was cheap.  Again, not very many execution/route errors here, aside from the first extra life.
Home World: useless hit here.
Lofty Castle: again, other than the extra life (and missing the balloon enemy twice, and getting turned around), a solid run for this level.
Home World: Why do Jacques before Icy Flight?
Jacques: cheapdeathed right at the start.  The decision to progress rather than collect the gems confused me for a split second, until I realized it could be backtracked.  This is the least well executed level in the Dream Weavers world, even if that second death was a suicide.  The rest of this world was just so well done, that one slight mistake at the start made this level, in comparision, badly done.  However,  it's still done very quickly, and without any looking for lost gems (as has every other level.  Kudos to the runner on the routes, except Wizard Peak).
Home World: ah, now I see why Icy Flight was saved for last.  Horrible luck with the cannon.  The pause to check the gem count was unnecesary, as it could have been extrapolated from the Icy Flight loading screen.
Icy Flight: perfect, aside from the spins.
Home World: last 15 gems.
Gnorc Gnexus: I'm not going to mention the transitions for any other level to level parts as it would be stupid to do so as it's 5 seconds of run from point A to point B.  Gem collection is quick, portal entry is sloppy.
Gnorc Cove: This is probably the most fun level in the game.  It could be done probably 30 seconds faster than it is, but it's a fantastic run of this level for being this late in the game.  Exiting the level would have been a disaster as Twilight Harbor would be inaccessible.
Twilight Harbor: This is probably the least fun level in the game.  It's done about as well as I'd expect from this level, esepecially considering its late position in the game.  The home stretch was especially impressive.
Gnasty Gnorc: First thief chase could have been a bit faster by not missing a gem.  Second one was near perfect, only kept from that by missing a flame.  Chasing Gnasty is spent gem collecting first run, and ONLY run.  I didn't think that was possible.  The final platforming section is done quickly.
Ending: bad pun... (He's TOAST)
Credits: The runner didn't speedrun the credits...at least we get to see "No sheep were harmed during the making of this game.  A few gnorcs, but no sheep."
Gnasty's Loot: 2000 gems separate this run from completion.  The route used seems to be hard to improve upon.  The msuic is awesome, as always.  I'm actually typing these words to the beat of the music.  The first 3 thieves are caught quickly and expertly, the last and hardest one not so much.
True ending: bad pun AGAIN... (I'm all fired up)

Overall, this is a resounding accept.  It does appear that the Magic Crafters got the short end of the practice stick.  I look forward to an improvement with a better planned/executed Wizard Peak, among other things. I have the habit of writing long-winded and lengthy level by level commetns don't I.

Quote:
a/v quality is good

short version: this run is reject-worthy for me but it's an improvement to an existing run so what's the point

long version: lots of unintentional deaths. even without the deaths, lots of unoptimized play after the first hour (as with every other Spyro run that has been submitted to this site), some bizarre time-wasting decisions such as stocking up on lives... it's just not that great a run. i would have reset at the first death. i had to stop the video playback at Jacques to hold my head in my hands for a while before i could continue watching. started out really fast and risky and did well. ended up going slowly and still making mistakes despite the lower general speed.

please stop submitting runs with timewasting deaths.

Quote:
I agree with I have no name and wheels where this run has some mistakes but still 18 min. shorter than the old run but still worthy of a accept. I do believe with out some of the mistakes this run is sub 2 hrs.

video quality: Good
audio quality:Good
Cheating: None
I got for the time 2:01: 36 for the time with the control of the character is the start point.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Despite questionable decisions, this run still crushes the incumbent run.

Congratulations to Matt 'Crash41596' Leblanc
Thread title:  
dabes
I was curious what category this run was for.

Congrats to Crash.
A big thank you to everyone who verified.