My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Spyro.html

Andrew 'Ratchet5' Carroll's PAL version single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Timing:
gameplay begins at 0:37 and ends at 1:02:23, for a total length of 1:01:45
A/V quality:
great, altough the video was laggy at times, but it might just have been my computer.
Play quality:
Cutscene skip at the start of the run, "the adventure begins", and Spyro charges straight into the most annoying dragon ever, who's dialogue you can not skip.  It takes less than a second to be rescued, but far longer to SHUT UP so the game can really start.  2nd dragon is quick, and Sunny Flight is entered with 2 dragons and 2 gems.
Sunny Flight:
Really great strat for the start, the runner tears it up in 1:19:32.
Back in the Home world, some nice charge jumps and a sprint to Town Square (the one level in the first Home World WORTH the gems it holds), freeing a dragon along the way.
Town Square:
Charging up the railing on the side is a little faster, but it would only save about a second.  2nd dragon was perfect, runner surprised me by skipping some of the gems.  Guess they'll get more later.  Ridiculously fast thief catch, but the time saved is lost by crashing into it's collapsed form (read: the air above...).  Now the gems start rolling in, ~70 more by the 3rd dragon.  A hop, a skip and a... wait, the 4th dragon was already rescued after the hop.
Stone Hill:
DON'T JUMP IN THE WELL, YOU'LL DROWN!  Except for the one in the middle, which convieniently has a dragon.  What WAS he doing before he got crystalized?  Charge into treasure room, free dragon, leave without taking any, go rescue the third dragon in the level (10th overall) were executed perfectly, as was the charge to the 11th dragon.  The runner exits the level with blinding speed.
Artisnas Home again...
perfect.
Peace Keepers Home
CHARGE! Poor unlucky thirteenth dragon.  Perfect to the portal.
Dry Canyon:
It looks a little like the runner meticulously detailed every gem, then decided which 6000 to get.  The runner takes a little damage, but the time lost is minimal.  The "secret" path through the level has a dragon, as does the other, side route. 16 dragons upon leaving the level.
Home World:
Perfect.
Cliff Town:
Spyro head-butts a wall after freeing a dragon.  Poor guy, being taunted by  "nah-nah-na-na-na  hee-hehehe" whenever a thief is near.  He slams a wall again, but it looks like a hit was dodged because of it.  Maybe.  head-butts air again, stupid hitboxes.  Head-butts a wall, Spyro must really like head-butting cliffs.  A fifth head-butt, I'm cracking up now.  Slapped by the fat lady on the way to dragon number 18.  A slightly more direct route could have been taken, but no real loss of time on the way to the 19th dragon.  Anyone else think "polo"?  The runner uses the whirlwind triggered by the dragon twice to collect upwards of 60 gems before exiting.
Home World:
Perfect.  Again.
Ice Cavern:
Lots of charging.  An enemy breaks open a chest shortly after the 4th dragon.  The runner nearly fell over the edge, Spyro really should hit the lamp more directly next time.  5th dragon was perfect.
Home World:
Could have been ~5 seconds faster by not missing an enemy and faster cannon work.
Night Flight:
All your gems are belong to us.  Level complete with another crazy route in 1:08.92.  The runner misses an arch, but it's along the way to another light, so only a half second is lost.
Home World:
Crashing into nothing is fun (& walls) =D!
Doctor Shemp:
Other than charging a wall, the runner is perfect in the first part; then gets slapped.  Dr. Shemp is a pathetic loser who gets roasted.  Spyro pwnz, but misses a blue gem from Shemp.  WAKE UP SPARX!  Sparx grabs the purple gem from the chest on the second try.  Better late than never I guess.  Upon leaving, 275/300 gems were collected.  I wanna see more of this kind in the run, not "rescue all dragons".
Home World (last time until Magic Crafters):
Perfect, as per the usual.
Magic Crafters Home:
Perfect.
Alpine Ridge:
Before I comment on the runner, I'd like to say that I HATE THIS STUPID LEVEL!!!  AND FRACTURE HILLS FROM SPYRO 2!!!  AND LOST FLEET FROM SPYRO 3!!!(sorry for random off-topicness)  The runner makes this look easy, rescuing 4 dragons. A couple mishaps but no big deal.
Home World:
Perfect + dragon egg.
High Caves:
very fast, nice route used.  Very impressive long super charge up the ramp.
Home World:
36th dragon, 67 gems earned from a supercharge.
Wizard Peak:
Nice start for collecting gems, nothing exceptional to note other than losing Sparx costing some time, but the runner recovers quickly via dieing (accidental it seemed) and getting Sparx back.
Home World:
Perfect, missing the dragon is faster because Spyro moves closer to the exit after leaving Crystal Flight.
Crystal Flight:
Starts strong, but evolves to EPIC FAIL at the planes, and as noted in the comments, the final chest.  Not bad enough to reject, as the runner does complete the level on the first attempt. 1:22.64
Home World:
Auto-Dragon. Total=40.  Enter Blowhard. Perfect.
Blowhard:
Epic opening gem collection strat, but there is a major mistake.  the runner jumps too soon and is screwed by a wizard.  Spyro gets his revenge quickly though.  Almost  . . .  too quickly.  Rest of the level goes great, 393/400 gems collected.
Home World:
PERFECT!
Beast Makers Home:
Cool trick at the start, but entering Terrace Village and doing stuff there may have been faster than rescuing dragons from Tree Tops, but the route the runner used may be the fastest here.  Dragons number 42 & 43 are perfect.
Wild Flight:
This
Flight
Is
Evil
Still, the runneer does a good job clearing it in 1:07.24.
Home World Again:
whirlwind fail
Misty Bog:
Getting the extra life was NOT required.  Wall ram ftw!  Gem box fail.  45 dragons rescued.  Stupid pig got Spyro...he must be avenged!  The 46th dragon is freed.  Massive lag on top of the structure.
Home World:
perfect
Tree Tops:
Every Spyro players' nightmare.  More lag, but performed very well.  Except for the double wall ram.  And the random death, which costs ~10-15 seconds.  and the OTHER random death, which costs ~-5 seconds (DEATH WARP).  The level is completed with 49/50 dragons required, and 4592/6000 gems.
Home World:
Uses a shortcut to reach the portal quicker.
Metalhead:
stair fail and bridge fail.  CHarge fail after another stair fail.  New trick for progressing through the level, makes up the 15 seconds lost(sort of).  50 dragons!  No more from this point onwards.
Bad metalhead battle, the runner lost Sparx.  Not too much time was lost though.
Home World:
A little out of the way to get Sparx back, but very solid.  Except for a wall slam fail.
Dream Weavers Home World:
Just gems from here on out...except one exception in Gnorc Gnexus to gain access to Gnorc Cove.  Flattened by nothing?  lol.
Haunted Towers:
894 gems to go.  I didn't know those doors could be charged down.  Could have done the start on one "kiss fairy" boost.  Supercharge fail, but it's really easy to mess up.
Home World:
602 to go.  Cannon could have been pushed the other way to save a little time.  Aim your shrink-ray, then fire.  Not the other way around Spyro :P.
Icy Flight:
497 to go.  Pretty good time of 1:21.16.  The last Gnorc should have died quicker.
Home World:
Perfect.  197 to go.
Jacques:
182 gems need to be collected.  The runner collects 220 (Mostly from Jacques himself!)
Home World:
Perfect, yadah yadah yadah.  Beat up Gnasty already!
Gnorc Gnexus:
Free the dragon to open dragon heads now rather than later, get a butterfly for full health.
Gnorc Cove:
My favorite level!  The runner speeds through it ridiculously fast.
Home World:
*blink*  missed it.
Twilight Harbor:  One of my LEAST favorites, right up there with Tree Tops, Misty Bog, Lofty Castle and Alpine Ridge.  The runner starts with blue Sparx and ends with none, thanks to an unfair double team.
Home World:
*blinks again* missed it again, but CONFRONTING GNASTY GNORC
Gnasty Gnorc:
Thief 1 went perfect, as did number 2.  Chasing Gnasty was PWN, and the final platforms (which screwed me the first time I played :P)  get owned faster than I thought possible.  Game won.
Conclusion:
Accept

Oh, and there was no cheating unless crazy fast gameplay is.

P.S.These comments were written under the influence of Yodels.

Quote:
Instead of wasting time typing everything out, I would say that I would agree with everything the first verifier says. I have watched the run twice now, I felt the planning was strong and ris consistency was good.

ACCEPT

Quote:
AV quality is good
No cheating detected

Route/Planning was excelent, event density (dragons, gems) was quite high. The execution did leave a bit to be desired as there were a some mistakes, but those were all only minor setbacks, and one hour is certainly long for a single segment.

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Reason: Always nice to see more single-segment runs.
Thread title:  
Great to hear my run has been accepted! :] Nice analysation first verifier :P.
Obscure games ftw
Well, since the verdict has been announced, I'm going to say I was the first verifier.
So thanks Tongue
fucking .gif....
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!