List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

David 'FFGamer86' Singleton's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Timing: 0:25:18 (from first frame of control to beginning of victory dance after beating the Witch), or 0:25:08 (from first frame of control to frame where the Witch took her last hit and her "death-sprite" began).

Overall this is an extremely impressive run, I watched him stream some runs of this game a few times and he really knows the game like the back of his hand. Some of the strats he came up with are amazing and his ability to time his bubble-shots so well is really crazy. I found no cheating or inconsistencies. Quality is fine. There are very few mistakes (one boss was not fought well, and a couple jumps were missed) but overall the level of play is excellent. Definite accept, very high benchmark set for this game's first run.

Quote:
Some really bad problems with the Persimmon boss and the missed cloud jump, but otherwise this was an extremely impressive, well-timed single segment. It showed amazing foresight in collecting extra keys only when doing so led to a shortened route, made excellent use of the bonus levels as shortcuts and key savers, and contained some beautifully-insightful trick shots to collect keys and kill enemies.

Super A+ approved, and to any potential competition for this category in the future: good f'in luck.

Decision: Accept

Reason: A solid first run.
Thread title:  
SDA Speedruns: 1
so happy this got accepted.  my first ever speedrun so i wasnt sure how good it had to be.  I tried awhile on this.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Looking forward to seeing this run. And grats on your first run acceptance
Thanks.  I watched my run again a few days ago and I'll probably come back to this game later but it was so aggravating because its so easy to make a hair mistake that makes the run look sloppy.  I think its possible to shave maybe 30-60 seconds off this run if everything went perfect but thats like asking to bowl a 300 game.  Yeah you will get it eventually but if you get a 279 after months of trying you will be happy to take a break for awhile lol.
So excited that its finally on the site for all of you to see.