Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Don't know what to speedrun :(
Also on mine I suspect that an estimate of 2:30 is going to be quite high for Muramasa. I'm getting down into the high 1:40's on easy mode. I suppose you could leave it that high if we want to do donations for hard mode but I hope by the marathon I can finish even hard mode under 2 hours consistently. So you might want to update Muramasa to 2 hours.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Darkkobold - Please check out http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/mystical_ninja_for_snes_updated_8511.html

I was dropping a bunch of time into it and with the J version sub 31 min is doable. If you feel like it, contact me either pm or in that thread and we can exchange strats and such
Edit history:
kirkq: 2012-03-24 09:03:21 am
kirkq: 2012-03-23 03:28:56 pm
kirkq: 2012-03-23 03:19:29 pm
kirkq: 2012-03-23 03:09:28 pm
Die Hard 2013.
PEACHES_ and I have plane tickets now.

I wanna play:

Bomberman Hero (any%, race vs neskamikaze) -- (Proof that it will be close: http://speedrunslive.com/gamelist/game.php?game=bhero )
Best: 52:50 (WR)
Worst: (Estimate 1:00:00 or 1:05:00 for setup)

Bomberman Second Attack (any% good ending) -- (bad ending is suboptimal viewing material IMO.)
Best: 1:25:50 (WR) (Broke my record like 2 nights ago.)
Worst: (Estimate 1:40:00, add 15 minutes if you want to let the credits roll.)

Die Hard (any%, beginner difficulty) -- (I don't have any personal attachment to this other than finding the route hilarious, feel free to ignore.)
Best: 5:36 (WR)
Worst: (Estimate 8:00,)
Yes
Alright so I'm in.  I can run:

Contra III -28 minutes (I can do any category, but low % might be good to mix it up, 18 minutes for any %)
Contra 4 - 30 minutes (This time will be much faster, but I'm planning for the worst)
SimCity - 40 minutes (This is a very safe estimate, we can also take donations for disasters)
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-03-26 07:42:11 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I can definitely give you Contra 3 and 4 Mr. K, but Sim City strikes me as a bit too weird of a choice and I'm not sure it would be a good watch. Maybe we could have donations for it if we start running ahead of schedule?

Also, I talked to PEACHES_ on IRC and he said he was thinking of doing Jet Grind Radio and Typing of the Dead on top of Blast Corps. I said Jet Grind Radio is a good add, but Typing of the Dead is like Sim City, a bit too odd. Maybe if we run ahead of schedule, we can have an oddball donation war between Typing of the Dead and Sim City.

Yes, I'll update the schedule sometime later this week to account for the new games. Also, I'm considering pushing the schedule an hour or two earlier to accomodate for adding some extra games.
I must make a request in this thread it is mandatory and you must adhere to it

If we don't end up having an awful games block, Mort the Chicken HAS to be played anyways. There's no way around it, I demand it, I need it.
Everything's better with Magitek
I'm fine with starting the marathon a couple hours earlier.
For Sucky Games Done Quick, do Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES
Please Do Super Monkey Ball 2 Story Mode
Remove Athena
Not a walrus
Stop posting.
Remove IanPlaystationNerd
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-05-15 03:04:51 pm
Quote from Paraxade:
Remove IanPlaystationNerd

Very tempted to do this. Don't push me, Ian. Tongue
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from kirkq:
Die Hard (any%, beginner difficulty)

I had not read this title on the schedule list page. Is this true ? And which exact part of this series is it ? and on which system ?
Plays games in slow mode.
Im pretty sure it was withdrawn from being run by the runner, although I cant seem to find the quote right now.
Kirkq said he couldn't make the game marathon-safe.
Food goes in here
I apologize if this has been discussed already, but if there will be a Promo video for SGDQ this year ( i really hope there will be, I love em), can someone direct me to the right thread for it - if there is one currently
Fucking Weeaboo
There is currently no promo video and no report of anybody making one.
Quote from Sir VG:
There is currently no promo video and no report of anybody making one.

I wish there would be one and that someone makes one. Then i can help promote it on youtube.
The Speedrunning Teacher
I thought about just recording myself (much like Essentia did last year) and posting it on youtube. I'm not currently in a great location to do it, but I can work on one when I get home tonight.
The recording I did was for JRDQ; we had an actual promo video for last year's SGDQ. I'd thought about uploading a short video to my Youtube to let my subscribers know about this SGDQ - probably just this highlight from one of my FF6 practice streams and use Youtube's annotation function to put information about the marathon in the video, with links in the description (because I don't really know how to do anything more fancy). If someone else wants to do something more professional and has the time, though, that'd be great.
Quote from Essentia:
The recording I did was for JRDQ; we had an actual promo video for last year's SGDQ. I'd thought about uploading a short video to my Youtube to let my subscribers know about this SGDQ - probably just this highlight from one of my FF6 practice streams and use Youtube's annotation function to put information about the marathon in the video, with links in the description (because I don't really know how to do anything more fancy). If someone else wants to do something more professional and has the time, though, that'd be great.

I hope it gets done because the days are getting shorter and shorter to the actual date
Edit history:
Essentia: 2012-05-21 01:25:27 am
Essentia: 2012-05-21 01:25:12 am
I finished and uploaded my promo video. It's simple and kind of cheesy, but it works. It's more geared to people who watch my RPG videos and streams, but feel free to link to it if you want.
Edit: Looks like the annotations don't show up properly unless you watch it on the actual Youtube site.

Fucking Weeaboo
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!

No!  I'm gonna run TOWARDS the enemy!  It's the most logical thing!!
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-05-21 05:31:33 pm
Youkai: 2012-05-21 05:31:17 pm
Don't know what to speedrun :(
MIKE! I just remembered I have a working original Pong machine. If you want to fill a little time with a cool classic game I can bring that. I'll be there FRI-SUN all day Maybe we could throw it in one of the setup blocks for some random donations. I'll test it out tonight and confirm that it still works (have to go buy batteries for it).

EDIT: It seems that it is either not working or my new-fangled TV can't accept the input from it. That's sad because 5 C-cell batteries are not cheap. I'll try to bring it anyway and we can see if one of the older CRT's can get a signal from it.