<- 123
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Is PJ
Quote from arkarian:
that would be like giving smb a walking only category. cool for tas but doesn't really fit here.

Best idea ever?
#Casual
If you focus on getting through a game the fastest -- what SDA is for -- whether to use/not use this Ditman glitch just melts away into nothingness. Use it.
well i see the point of beating  the game the fastest way

but i think there should be 2 categories like with glitches, and without

mario has 2 categories too, with warps, and without warps

i really would like to see a game, that was played really fast, but in the regular way, without any glitches
Edit history:
ExplodingCabbage: 2010-09-29 11:25:54 am
ExplodingCabbage: 2010-09-29 11:25:32 am
ExplodingCabbage: 2010-09-29 11:23:55 am
Quote from Puntja:
well i see the point of beating  the game the fastest way

but i think there should be 2 categories like with glitches, and without

mario has 2 categories too, with warps, and without warps

i really would like to see a game, that was played really fast, but in the regular way, without any glitches

Been discussed many times before. For any given game, usually at least one of the following applies:
1) it's impossible to come up with a solid and sensible definition of what counts as a glitchless run for a given game, or
2) the game and its glitches aren't well-enough understood for us to be confident that the definition won't turn out to look totally retarded once new, better glitches are found, or
3) the glitches are all relatively minor so a glitchless run wouldn't be different enough from a run with glitches to warrant a seperate category, or, most commonly,
4) nobody actually wants to do a glitchless run, so the issue never comes up

In the rare cases where none of the above apply, we have glitchless categories.

By the sounds of it, problem 3 applies here, though I don't know the game at all so I can't be sure.
actually i want to do a glitchless run (resident evil4, god of war)

but i see your point.
We've already had a pretty extensive discussion on "glitchless" runs and came to the conclusion that no one could decide what to allow and what to prohibit, so we're better off with a "no large skip glitches" category, which is a little less ambiguous.
i'm just watching the RE4 run,

video quality is realy bad IMO
I have already done a "no glitches" speedrun of RE4 load game.

I finished this around 10 months ago and really want to submit it here. I put more effort into this than with any of my older runs and it beats the current GC load game up on the site anyway.

Here is part 1 of the full run (NTSC Version)

you can only go as far as you push
Quote from spiralout1123211:
Whoah, Derekt21288 has a 1:38:34 single segment on Wii.  That time is unacceptable, and the guy failed to use the single easiest glitch in the game.  This is a DEFINITE reject.

I agree!
Every descent RE4 player knows DerekT21288 is by far the best RE4 speedrunner.
And I don't think anyone doubts his runs are legit.
He doesn't need to cheat,that would only slow him down Wink
About the run talked about here,there seem to be a bit too many mistakes in it,so I'm a bit surprised it got approved...I expect to see the highest standard on SDA