Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PrinceOfPersia.html

Training Level ILs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Level 1: Great.

Level 2: Love the 2 drop/hangs to save a bit of time.

Level 3: Great.  Jump over spikes FTW.

Level 4: My heart about stopped when he made it through the last trap on the first floor.  I do notice a bit of strange flickering/stuttering at 22 seconds into the video or so (leaving the second-to-last trap room and going into the last one), but I find it hard to imagine anyone cheating on a sub-40-second level that's not crazy-difficult.  Wink

Level 5: Great.  Looks like getting them to block the attack might be faster than if you get the hit in (by a small margin), but would require pretty insane luck to get all of them to deflect.

Accept!

Quote:
Level 1: Smooth, no faults.
Level 2: Excellent. I could have sworn you could have jumped straight off those short platforms in the air, but after trying it out, I got no luck. I guess you need more than two tile spaces to pull it off.
Level 3: I love the slip off that first ledge. So beautifully done.
Level 4: Spot on. Little bit of visual flickering near the end, but yeah. I always wondered if there was a specific pattern to getting through those without stopping. Now I know that it's ALL JUMPING, ALL THE TIME!
Level 5: Fantastic. I agree with Uilnslcoap, them parrying the attack does seem faster, but I seriously doubt that you'd be able to shave even a second off - the difference is that small.

The audio and video quality is great, minus the little quirk in Level 4. There's is no evidence of cheating or foul play.

Easy accept. These levels are pretty awesome.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Benjamin 'UraniumAnchor' Cutler!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-09-03 12:11:16 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-09-03 12:11:04 am
Not a walrus
Huh. I didn't notice that flicker in level 4 until I watched them again just now. I suspect my capture device dropped some frames right as the screen transitioned so you got a few interlaced repeats.

Glad my 3 minutes worth of run finally made it through! Cheesy

Also just as a clarification these are the SNES training levels. I'm not sure any other version even HAS training levels.