Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX.html

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: flip I think I already told you this but I can verify mmx
Verifier: and I already accept because tiki is a beast at the game and that new armadillo skip is sweet
Verifier: congrats on sub-33
Verifier: (he put it up on youtube)

Quote:
Flip, my Man, here's MMX:

No cheating, visual is good.  I did experience some audio issues though.  Seemed like the left or right sound was fading out at various points, fixable?

Anyway... It's Tiki, it's Mega Man.  'Nuff said.  The run is clean, Zestfully clean.  A few slip ups that are very un-Tiki like.  I could hear the f-bombs going through the cave in Sting Chameleon.  Rangda Bangda was sick with the eye gouging.  All I have to say is that more audio commentary is demanded.  With this demand, I fully ACCEPT.  But that commentary better be sexy Tiki and NO frowny face this time!

Quote:
It is time for the rundown, and I, being the analyst I am, will go through each stage in detail:

Intro stage: First stage is always pretty basic. He did really well on the bees, there was very little lag with their deaths as well. Had rather bad luck with vile, but that's something only the cruel mistress of RNG can control. Good stage overall.

Chill Penguin: Neglected/failed a few slope jumps throughout the level, and had a bit of a pause at the first ostrich (though that little section is rather difficult to do fast), but this stage was really solid overall. He fought penguin rather well, and some of his full charge shots were perfectly timed. An average amount of slides (though for him this is a lucky fight hahaha). The only downside to the fight was that he didn't end it in the middle of the room, but due to Penguin doing blizzard, I can cut him some slack.

Boomer Kuwanger: This was probably one of his worst stages unfortunately. Took two tries to get up the wall in the beginning, didn't skip the first two turtles, failed to kill the third lizard immediately, his climb up the tower inside at the end is a little slow (with both his methods to getting past/on the platform turrets, and getting hit on the ladder, though he was attempting to damage boost to get on top), and he neglected to do any ladder jumps at all. DESPITE ALL THIS HOWEVER, this level was still pretty decent, and the things I mentioned are just ramblings from that kook that goes for every little optimization in this stage every time. This is no doubt the most technical stage with the most room for optimization, and it's unrealistic to expect someone to consistently do everything right, since a lot of said optimizations are precise. His Kuwanger fight was good, decent RNG, and he ended in the middle. Only bad thing was he forgot to do a full charge for the last 3 health, but the time loss is small. Overall he could've gained around 7-8 seconds IF he did everything perfectly.

Sting Chameleon: Another straightforward stage. The only thing to note here is that he got really bad luck with the cave. Got hit four times, but used 2 of those to damage boost himself at least. Everything else was good. Chameleon is a sucker for the juggling act.

Storm Eagle: Oh man, Eagle really hated poor Tiki this run. 7 dives both in this fight and the refight. He also missed a shot and mistimed another, which didn't help. Most of his time lost here was bad luck, though no dive eagle isn't too uncommon. Overall he could've saved around 8 seconds here as well (most of this through good RNG).

Flame Mammoth: A fast and easy stage. He got hit near the end, but the time lost there was very small considering not getting hit forces you to stop briefly anyways. Mammoth fight was good, even got the offscreen kill to reduce some lag, and ended in "the middle" of the room (I say this because a large portion of the room counts as the middle so you won't have to walk after beating mammoth).

Spark Mandrill: He did this stage well overall. The miniboss went decent too, though it was mean and bounced once. Tiki used boomerangs on it because it does 2 damage as opposed to the tornado's 1, and since it only gets hit 6 times a second (due to a 10 frame invincibility rate), he took advantage of it landing on the ground. This new strat saves about 3 seconds on the miniboss if he is cooperative. His mandrill fight was good as well. He mistimed a shot, but that's negligible since he was able to use that to end the fight in the middle of the room.

Armored Armadillo: This stage is pretty straightforward, probably tied with Mammoth for easiest stage. He got hit once by a mettool, but that's a small time loss. Armadillo gave ideal RNG, and the fight went ideally. Not much else to say here.

Launch Octopus: This was probably one of his best stages imo. He did the stage pretty much perfectly. The boss fight was pretty good too. Cock Blocktopus is a mean guy. :<

Sigma 1: This stage is where the run starts to get serious. This stage was ok, but it could've been a little better. He got first cycle platforms and got to the top of the fortress before the platform blocked him off. Didn't reduce lag when taking damage, but it's a little risky. Got the skip of course. Heh heh, Vile must've been that kid that got pummeled by dodgeballs as a kid, cause he seemed to be a pro at dodging those shields. In all seriousness though, the fight wasn't bad though him dodging those cost a second. His ascent up to kuwanger was a little slow, but not by much. Kuwanger went well and he teleported very short distances. Bospider went well as well (a no branch pattern RARELY happens).

Sigma 2: Eagle strikes again! Another 7 dives =[. This stage went pretty well overall, and his rangda fight was really good. He almost got the four shot on the eye, but that only saves a couple seconds.

Sigma 3: This is where tiki gains a lot of his time, due to the new trick to skip Armadillo. He not only skips him but lays the sled before the bullet comes down, which is pretty hard, and saves a few seconds there. He saves about 23 just from doing the skip too. Everything else went well. DRex could've gone a little better though.

Sigma 4: Ahhh the stage where most good runs end. Thankfully it didn't happen this time! Velgauder was good, didn't get hit, he had a decent Sigma 1 fight, and used the newer strategy which is about 4-6 seconds faster. Final Sigma gave him bad claw luck at the beginning, but he was very kind for the rest of the fight, and it went well.

Cheating: None. I also watched him do this live.

Video: Good

Audio: Mentioned earlier, I hope this gets sorted out.

Decision: Accept. This is a very fine run, congrats to Tiki for pulling this out. I still sort of wish he would try to improve this just based on the fact that I think he can do this again with some better RNG (I'm looking at you, double 7 dive eagle), but I digress. This run is outstanding and is much cleaner and faster than his old run.

Quote:
audio and video are fine. Run is clean and free of cheating.

accept this bad boy

Quote:
I didn't see the audio de-sync that the others are witnessing. Run was very well executed, but a few seconds could have been saved from D Rex. Nothing to deny the run, though.

I say accept.

Quote:
Really no reason to reject this. Good stuff and nice to see some luck in a few places.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sattik 'Tiki' Ghosh!
Thread title:  
dabes
dabes
Haters gonna hate
Congrats Tiki!
I don't even know what the fuck this is
yay
great job buddy.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Excellent work as always Tiki!

Also,

Quote from Practice:
great job buddy.

Holy crap, Seth Glass!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Tiki is the Man, Mega Man

Quote from sinister1:
Holy crap, Seth Glass!

It's the power of Mega Man to bring us all out.
you da man
Cigar Man
I just listened to the audio commentary and laughed my male asshole off during the "genderless asshole" discussion.  Educational and riveting.