Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX.html

SS 100% run

Verifier Responses

Quote from Heidrage:
link broken

Edit: I PMed Flip on Skype with the hope he will catch the msg there. I am sure he gets a millions PMs here on SDA so could overlook it...

Quote from Eternalspirit:
Link still broken. D:

He should get an e-mail when people reply to this thread.

Quote from Heidrage:
Right, but again he gets so many. Or he could be away from his PC or any other number of reasons. He will get around to it

Quote from DK28:
Soooooooooo, can we just accept the run for being so awesome that it broke the link?

Quote from Heidrage:
No cuz my Super C run was so awesome it was published 2 days after submission. I currently own that record and this does not come close to my time

Quote from DK28:
At this point I think Flip is just ignoring us, because he's enjoying the conversation...  Tongue

Quote from Heidrage:
Well I think we all know it is gunna get accepted... I verify just to see the runs before every one else lol (JUST JOKING FLIP Wink )

Edit: Honestly after reading the comments, I am wondering why it was submitted...

Well.. this is quite the situation. I've tried every variation of the link it could possibly be, but I've gotten nothing but 404 errors.

Quote from DK28:
Same here, was messing with different characters and nothing. 

Maybe Tiki has already beaten the run and preemptively sabatoged the link...

Quote from Heidrage:
anyone have his number to call him?

I'm sure he'll see this sooner or later.. I hope. I don't think there's any real rush. Who knows, maybe an actual GOOD run will be submitted by then, so we don't have to suffer through watching this. Tongue

In all seriousness though, after reading the comments, I do kinda agree with Heidman.. it almost sounds like there really are a lot of mistakes in this run.

Quote from DK28:
We'll have to see.  I'm curious if the improvement is just a route change.  But I can't imagine it being that bad...

Quote from Tiki:
I'm surprised he didn't submit his jap version run, which was a 36:53
edit: oh wait I think he didn't record that

yeah this run is old news by now, we've both beaten it, I've got a 37:16 and he's got like a 37:04. i guess that's not really grounds to reject but he'll probably submit another run soon

Do you know for sure that he's submitting that? There's no point in verifying this one if he's just going to submit a run that's almost 30 seconds faster..

Quote from Tiki:
I have no idea if he recorded it or not

Quote from Heidrage:
Sad times...

Quote from DK28:
Best. Verification. Ever.

Quote from Heidrage:
The entire thread better get posted for the verification

Agreed. Cheesy

Quote from DK28:
Yes.

OK, so Flip has updated the verification post since this was added.. is he just trolling us at this point?

...4 days after sending the verification pm. I had been out of town.
Quote from Flip:
I updated what? Check the date lol. I've been out of town this weekend. Just got back in time to go to bed last night. I'll check this out and find a vid that works.

Oh, I thought that was you editing the verification thread. Cheesy

Quote from Flip:
nate, any idea what's up with the v link?

Quote from Heidrage:
GREEN TEXT!!!

Quote from nate:
*nate supplies proper link, link omitted*

And the mystery is solved.. huzzah! Thanks Flip and nate!

So, about 10 minutes into the video and I'm not getting good vibes. A few pretty bad mistakes so far. I'm probably going to end up comparing to the old run before I make my decision.

Is it just me, or did the runner mess up on the one eyed guy guarding the armor part? As far as I remember, you can hit his body after he launches his grappling hook at you..

Quote from Heidrage:
There is a rather noticeable video skip right after Vile at 29:32, nate needs to look at this. Besides that it all seems ok.

At first glance, I feel this is a rather sloppy run. Then I looked threw it again and then compared it to the current run. I gotta say that this is not as far as this game can be pushed, but it a step in the right direction. Not only that, but it has been mentioned that this time has been beat already by the runner. But this is what is on our lap at this moment. The real issues has been mentioned in the run notes for the most part. This run is overall faster due to better strats... but the game play is SLIGHTLY lacking. Not saying it is bad, I just think it can be tightened up a bit. The runner mentioned just about everything in the notes. There are a few other eye sores but over all this run is good. I wanna say less than an accept but stronger than a weak accept. Not sure if we have one of them...

Quote from DK28:
Okay Flip, now that we've conquered the demons of broken links...

Mega Man 10 X
Audio/Visual/Cheating - No complaints, yet.

Intro - Minor bad luck with the energy drops costing precious frames.  Great aircraft placement though.
Chilling with Penguin - I just think it's adorable how the cute penguins shoot lasers out of their ears.  Proof these robots have hearts of gold.  We skip Light's text at the dash boots get.  He merely mentions that he made the boots out of love and care.  The boss fight is okay, I think we're actually a little behind the existing run at this point.  Runner makes up for it by killing Penguin with a point blank shot to the scrotum.
Soaring with Eagles - This was actually freshness packed in a can.
The Rejected Boomerang Brother - Route change here.  The second try heart get was so hot, it's smokin'.  The boss fight was a little bit of a bummer.  Another crotch shot though.  The explosion scene really shows off how Kuwanger's genitals are really in X's face.
Mammoths are extinct - Bonus points for destroying every block on the way to the hand job upgrade.  The new item pick ups are sexy.  Cutter FTW.
Chama-chama-chama-chama-chameleon - Pretty smooth. That's it.
Return to North Pole - Camouflage FTW.
Dynamo (If you get that reference you are awesome) - 3rd time's the charm on the e-tank, ouch.  More cutter to heart.  And he Drilled Mandrill.
Poses as a Turtle - Decent run through, but gets juiced once during the title bout.
Master of Leviathan - I enjoyed the new strats here.  The two sentries were dispatched, why didn't anyone think of that before?  And the lag skip was cool.  Octo was decent enough, he was playing nice.
Haa-dooo-ken - Liberal use of Sting.  Again, obvious solution.  Not as dangerous as using the buster, but rainbow-tastic.
S1gma - Normal stuff.  As mentioned, bad skip in the playback after Vile. 
Sigm2 - Slippy start.  Nothing too much of note elsewhere.  And by now, I think catching at least one eye by hadouken is mandatory. 
Si3ma - Why you skipping bosses!  Just cause nobody likes him.  And damn it, I want to see a run with Chameleon hadoukened!  Fireballs his way to Rex... But no more good luck.  Nice recovery though.
S4gma - This has always bugged me.  Why does the door do that?!  I mean, c'mon!  It's your final ascent up Sigma's long shaft to destiny and the door closes under you like that!  Why can't it at least close like every other boss door in the game?  Geez, it's just that weak ass, 2-frame close.  What the hell?!  Was it really that hard to take the extra five minutes and animate the door like every other boss room thus far?  Or if you wanted it to be different since it's the final boss, could you at least have made it a better animation instead of crapping it up?  Whatever!  Boss fights were great.
Final comments - Anyway, the run is passable.  Is there room for improvement?  Yes.  Is this improvement solely from new strats?  I can't say 100% yes.  However, I give an ACCEPT.  It is still a chunkable improvement and I'm doing this in the vein of sparking some fierce competition.  Tiki strikes me as a man who won't take this lying down.  Especially since I imagine he's a pitcher and not a catcher.  Gentlemen, the bar has been set, now destroy it.

P.S.  I want this entire thread posted with the verification.

Considering this run has been beaten already, and the sloppiness that is present in this submission, I kind of want to reject it. However, the former is likely outside the scope of what verification is for, so I'll accept. It's not the greatest, but it's passable. Amazingly, the run after about 10 minutes into the video goes into badass mode for the most part after a bit of a rough start.

P.S. I third this entire thread being posted with the verification. The world must know about the epicness that transpired here.

Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from Heidrage:
The entire thread better get posted for the verification

Agreed. Cheesy

Quote from DK28:
Yes.

Quote from DK28:
P.S.  I want this entire thread posted with the verification.

P.S. I third this entire thread being posted with the verification. The world must know about the epicness that transpired here.

Quote from Tiki:
not really going to go into detail, but accept because it's obviously an improvement and if he's not submitting a better run then it's all we have

Quote from DK28:
Well crap then guys.  I'm changing my verification commenta.  Blah, blah, blah, lukewarm sentiment.  Backhanded compliment.  Fine, accept because it's an iimprovement.  Tongue

Quote from Heidrage:
That just about sums it up. If the runner did not have just about everything worth mentioning in the run notes, I am sure all of us would have been well more detailed. But like I said, the runner covered the run very thoroughly in the notes, cant say much else...

Quote from DK28:
Yeah, I'm jesting anyway.  Although, Mega Man X is one of the sexiest games ever and deserves detailed admiration...

Quote from Heidrage:
The process of making a speedrun and the effort that goes into it is not enough?

Quote from DK28:
Touche.

Quote from Rolanmen1:
Sorry for the late respong. But as said previously, it could be better but an improvement is an improvement. Take A Lazy Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's enough of an improvement to outshine the errors.

Congratulations to Caleb Hart!
Thread title:  
Haters gonna hate
This is the best verification thread ever.
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
Totally agreement <3
Willing to teach you the impossible
There was a bit more in the thread... oh well. Mostly me and DK going back and forth
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Heidrage:
There was a bit more in the thread... oh well. Mostly me and DK going back and forth

Eh, still the best verification thread.
Is PJ
REJECT FOR NO VERIFIER ANONYMITY!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
It was the most involvement of a group of verifiers and we didn't even have the run for almost a week.  Epic times.