List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Carsten 'djcj' Janssen's PAL version run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
While waiting for this run to be posted I took the time to play through the game myself again to freshen up my memory. I had not yet seen any speedruns of Medal of Honor, and I was surprised at the quality of this run. The video/audio quality is great too.

Some notes:
- You strafe really fast in this game. Downside of that is that you are looking into the side walls and not in front of you, but the runner obviously has carefully memorized the routes and executed them perfectly!
- The runner sometimes get caught up walking into enemies. However, this is often not something you can avoid (even when you shoot the enemies they take time to fall over and die, in which you are still limited by them) and it wastes little time overall.
- At the start of segment 8 the runner starts without pistol ammo while you normally start the level with a bit of starting ammunition. I tried this and managed to do this by strafing/running away from the ammo pack when the level starts, so no cheating there.
- Segment 12, 1:45 - What happens here? The player seems to teleport down the ladder. I guess this happens when running into the hatch while it's still opening?
- Segment 13, 1:19 - Running into a room that is not loaded, then going OOB and into the next room? I can't really make much out of what happened here.
- Segment 14, might have been faster to use the shotgun instead of the machine gun, but I don't think this wastes much time.
- The last five levels or so are all perfectly executed, and great work dodging all the rockets. Massive style points for getting out of the bunker in segment 24!

Final thoughts: This is a really good run which has only a few mistakes (that waste very little time). The comments the author gave are really limited though, and I would really like to see the author writing a bit more. Before allowing the run onto the site I would like an explanation to the things that happened in segments 12 and 13. (the runner explained what happened -Mike)
Verdict: Accept

Quote:
Video and Audio quality = good

to the run:

first:

All what you see in this run do really function and nothing is cheating !
I know for my self all of this tricks and oob stuff.
He use the strafe buttons because this is only the one way to run really fast.

segment 01:
'01:06' the black screen map is normal, because of fast running
very good

segment 02:
he has perfect use the grenades to kill the soldiers.
'00:45' he had pick up a medi pack this was not necessary.
good

segment 03:
perfect

segment 04:
he had use the oob trick to run in the shaft
perfect

segment 05:
very good

segment 06:
perfect

segment 07:
perfect

segment 08:
perfect

segment 09:
'00:07' small mistake, but in all it is a good segment

segment 10:
'01:06' he jump on the boat really good.
the runner and I know of a oob in this mission, but this oob is very hard. So I think he had not use this oob because of the hard function.
perfect run

segment 11:
small mistake, because of the small rooms and he lag on the soldiers.
but not really mistake this need all luck.
accept

segment 12:
hard mission and good running

segment 13:
small mistake of aiming accuracy, but this was done on the psx controller.
good

segment 14:
perfect

segment 15:
very good oob in the shaft. in the end of the mission he run so fast that the game go slow down.
very good

segment 16:
small mistake of aiming accuracy
good

segment 17:
This is a very hard mission of the game to speedrun. to run this mission to fast and the game broke and has strong errors.
so this need many luck.
perfect

segment 18:
very good

segment 19:
small mistake with the first shoot of the panzerfaust.
very good run

segment 20:
very good

segment 21:
small mistake of aiming accuracy
he avoid perfect of the rockets, this was great.
very good run of a other hard mission

segment 22:
all what you see in this run do work, but need many luck.
'00:56' oob. this need many practice time and is very hard.
perfect

segment 23:
perfect

segment 24:
very good

This is a very good run with impressive moments. The run has small aiming accuracy mistake. But this is a FPS game on the PSX console with controller and not with keyboard and mouse like a PC game.
This run is welcome for SDA and the Medal of Honor fans would love this run.

Many thanks go on the runner for his hard work on this run. I think it was a 3 year project or longer to do this run.

This is the Medal of Norris !

in all, Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a solid run.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
djcj: 2010-10-11 08:08:57 am
Quote:
The comments the author gave are really limited though, and I would really like to see the author writing a bit more.

I could write a much more detailed commentary and post it here.

Quote:
segment 10:
'01:06' he jump on the boat really good.
the runner and I know of a oob in this mission, but this oob is very hard. So I think he had not use this oob because of the hard function.
perfect run

Are you talking about clipping onto the last boat or clipping out of the room where you have to plant the bomb? The first trick is slower and less reliable and the other one is nearly impossible to do. I managed to get that trick to work only once.

Quote:
I think it was a 3 year project or longer to do this run.

Yes, if you count from the first investigations on emulator. The actual run took just a few weeks.

Quote:
This is the Medal of Norris !

lol
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Yes, I mean to plant the bomb.  I had try it out, but it is really hard and I had it not finish it. But I know of it and it do work. I think of a very luck oob situation. you had say it and it is very hard of thousand of times.

congratulation on your run ! and thanks for your work.
Attached a document with a more detailed commentary.