List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioKartWii.html

Jose 'UchihaSasuke' Karica's hard difficulty single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
For such a long run, there isn't much to say.  It's a good improvement over the old run, a lot of the old mistakes were fixed this time, and the majority of the slow downs were theoretically unavoidable.  I've got no complaints.  Put it up.

Quote:

Quality: good, and its in widescreen this time!

Moonlight Highway: good saving of the Mushroom, no problems, good to get it out of hte way first

Grumble Volcano: I wondered if the runner had ever thought to use the old Grumble Volcano shortcut first lap (maybe second, can't remember), using a mushroom? Couple misakes, but nothing major

Koopa Falls: Oh no, they hit the turbine! But not too costly

Maple Treeway: Ahha! They used the starting angle adjustment this time! And no Wriggler this time. Blue Shell #1

GBA Shyguy Beach: That crab may have actually helped avoid being blown up second lap

Daisy Circuit: No crazy blue shells this time.

GCN DK Mountain: Man, I wish I could do this shortcut this well....almost missed the third lap. Blue shell #2

Moomoo Meadows: Close encounter with a Monty, but nothing wrong here.

N64 DK Jungle Parkway: Darn'd red shells, but not bad. Blue Shell #3

Bowser's Castle: Bad luck here, lots of red shells and POWs. Blue Shell #s 4 and 5

N64 Bowser Castle: Wow......what kind of POW block was THAT? Along with the other mishaps, probably one of the worst races so far.

SNES Ghost Valley 2: Oh noes, a burn out! But the good thing of burnouts is that it leads to good items, which he ended up getting, and ended up not losing much time at all.

GCN Mario Circuit: I learned to double boost from their first run of this course! Blue Shell #6

Mario Circuit: Awww, the red shell missed the banana, otherwise flawless

DS Peach Gardens: Only comment- Blue Shell #7

N64 Sherbet Land: Oh no! You fell second lap! Rest of the race was good though.

N64 Mario Circuit: Blue Shell #8

Wario's Gold Mine: ...you went over that fence in lap 1?

Dry Dry Ruins: Bad bounce off of the pillar, lose 2 seconds or so

Mushroom Gorge: Played very safely.  Blue Shell #8

SNES MArio Circuit 3: No comment here!

RAINBOW ROAAAAAAAD: Hahah! Used the WR tactics this time, the low risk ones anyway.  Blue Shells #9 and 10

DS Yoshi Falls: No comment.

GCN Peach Beach: No comment.

DS Desert Hills: Only one comment- I laughed when the red shell hit the Pokey. Blue Shell #11

Mario Circuit: (I mislabeled Luigi Circuit as Mario....SORRY L!! Dx) Blue Shell #12

GCN Waluigi Stadium: Wow.....Blue Shells #13 and 14 right after each other, bad luck.

DS Delfino Square: No comment

DK Summit: Blue Shell #15, DENIED! Only later followed up by a fall and Blue Shell #16

GBA Bowser Castle 3: Blue Shell #17

Coconut Mall: Hmmm...hit the car in lap 3

Decision: Even though this is on hard, it is really hard to accept this. If the improvement is over 30 seconds, then I accept it. If it is less than 20, then I would have to reject it, due to the sloppiness in comparison to the older run, as most of the timeloss is from the player's own mistakes, sadly.

Although, it DID have some interesting ways of dying. xD

Quote:
Audio/Video fine.

Cheating-dar did not ping once.

The first couple levels were sloppier than I would have liked, but overall this was a good run.

Round 10 had some horrid luck.  Getting knocked around by 2 blue shells.  This is the MK:Wii I remember.

Round 11 had a really bad ending, due to a POW block knocking the runner off the stage.  Otherwise it was an ok level.

Impressive round 12 tactic.

Round 13: I wish I could ollie goombas Sad

Round 16/19: Ouch on sliding off the edge. 

Round 20:  Nice run.

Round 22:  Damn, I hate that level.  Very impressive/lucky.

Round 28:  Now THAT is how I remember the AI.  A blue shell plus red shell/lightning.  Jerks.

Round 30:  Someone was apparently out to get you on that last lap.

Overall, this run had excellent luck and skill.  I will have to give this a thumbs up.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement
Thread title:  
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
even though i had some own and dumb mistakes, this run was very lucky next to what i was getting usually. i kept the initial races because the CPU barely did stuff at the start and i was ahead by a lot. as usual, i got a couple of unfortunate races but this run is 50% or more luck. (btw, that was the first time ever a POW threw me off the track like that in rBC. i was so shocked that i couldn't focus for the boost start in the next race)

i'll write the run's comments tomorrow since i have to sleep now.